Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you guys think of this cheap Windows tablet.

I am looking to get a super cheap windows tablet and I seen this one.
    (RCA Cambio 10.1)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/45804385?ref=myacct
    Processor Type: Intel Atom Quad Core (1.3ghz base, 1.8ghz turbo)
    Hard Drive Capacity: 32 GB Gigabytes
    Color: Blue
    Display Technology: Capacitive Touch Display
    Contained Battery Type: Lithium Ion
    Connector Type: 1 x DC-in, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Microphone, 1 x MicroUSB 2.0, 1 x MiniHDMI, 1 x USB 2.0
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows , Windows 10
    Battery Life: 6 hours Hours
    Model: W101V2 B
    Screen Size: 10.1" Inches , 10.1" Inches
    Brand: RCA
    Video Game Platform: PC
    Manufacturer Part Number: W101V2 B
    RAM Memory: 2 GB Gigabytes
    Accessories Included: Keyboard , AC Adapter
    Features: Webcam
    Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 10.20 x 6.50 x 1.15 Inches
    I am mainly getting it for when I lay down I can watch Netflix,Twitch,Youtube and maybe some super super light gaming.

"Mite put WoW on it for giggles but I don't expect it to run well or at all"

Will put Hearthstone on it tho. I am buying a 64gig Micro SD hard for more storage. So what do u guys think of it? This is my first real tablet buy. Wanted a windows tablet so I could transfer things from my PC to my Tablet without issue.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion about it is.

Edit: Did update what the CPU is. Its a Intel Atom Quad Core that is 1.3ghz base and 1.8ghz turbo. All the reviews I have seen for it say its solid for its price point. I'm also happy it has at lease 2gig's of ram and that was a requirement for me in a tablet
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-08 at 12:57 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    For $100 you can't go wrong. And unlike most Android tablets, you have an x86 CPU, which means lots of compatible software. Especially when it comes to apps, the Android side of things likes to charge money. Plus you have a keyboard which is a nice bonus. Web browsers on Android is just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    For $100 you can't go wrong. And unlike most Android tablets, you have an x86 CPU, which means lots of compatible software. Especially when it comes to apps, the Android side of things likes to charge money. Plus you have a keyboard which is a nice bonus. Web browsers on Android is just terrible.
    Ya that's what I was thinking as well. I am getting it and a decent MicroSD ship (64gig) that has a good Data Transfer Rate. Also it has 2gig's of ram so that's a plus IMO.

This is the MicroSD I'm getting.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/46700572?ref=myacct

Edit: Tell me if I ever wanted to couldn't I put linux on it for giggles?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ive had a bunch of windows tablets, at the end of the day not having the real twitch/youtube app...ya they went back to the store. They do make pretty awesome HTPC's tho (mine had mini hdmi out).

Also of course you can watch twitch/youtube in a browser but the one i had (3775f processor i believe) could not handle source quality twitch and youtube in a browser would stutter at times as well. Admitedly this was before windows 10, maybe its a lot better in edge browser. I say give it a shot, if you dont like it wal mart has good return policies, just letting you know from my perspective android was the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ive had a bunch of windows tablets, at the end of the day not having the real twitch/youtube app...ya they went back to the store. They do make pretty awesome HTPC's tho (mine had mini hdmi out).

Also of course you can watch twitch/youtube in a browser but the one i had (3775f processor i believe) could not handle source quality twitch and youtube in a browser would stutter at times as well. Admitedly this was before windows 10, maybe its a lot better in edge browser. I say give it a shot, if you dont like it wal mart has good return policies, just letting you know from my perspective android was the way to go.
    Thx for the info. I do wish Twitch would make a windows app, I do plan to run twitch in chrome and it doesn't have to be source. High setting works for me

Much easier to lay in bed with this then my little smart phone and try to watch stuff lol.

Edit: Like I asked above couldn't I put linux on this at some point if I wanted to since its just a mini pc.

Ya for sure, anything you can do on a PC id imagine you could do on these (ive never dabbled in linux, but like you said its x86 is see no reason why it wouldnt work)

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya for sure, anything you can do on a PC id imagine you could do on these (ive never dabbled in linux, but like you said its x86 is see no reason why it wouldnt work)
    Cool beans Thx for the info.

7+ Year Old Account
    $100? For what you are looking to do with it, I wouldn't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    $100? For what you are looking to do with it, I wouldn't hesitate.
    Ya ordered it and the Micro SD card I linked above.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a tv or monitor with an extra hdmi slot in your room getting a chromecast (or fire tv stick or w/e) is way better for watching twitch before sleep =P. Even if you can use the tablet for other stuff it's still worth it to get one in addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wendell from Tek Syndicate has put Linux on these type of Windows tablets so I don't see a problem with this. The point of putting Linux on it would be to free up space, but now you'll have to deal with Wine to get Windows apps to work. I believe Ubuntu would consume only 2GB of space while Windows 10 can take over 10GB and needs 20GB for installation. Netflix,Twitch,and Youtube should work so long as you're using Chrome. WoW should work, except it would be really badly. Would have been really badly in Windows 10 anyway with a ATOM chip.

I would certainly consider putting emulators on that, and I know Undertale would run just fine on that through Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    If you have a tv or monitor with an extra hdmi slot in your room getting a chromecast (or fire tv stick or w/e) is way better for watching twitch before sleep =P. Even if you can use the tablet for other stuff it's still worth it to get one in addition.
    My computer is hooked to my tv lol so if I wanted I would just use that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Wendell from Tek Syndicate has put Linux on these type of Windows tablets so I don't see a problem with this. The point of putting Linux on it would be to free up space, but now you'll have to deal with Wine to get Windows apps to work. I believe Ubuntu would consume only 2GB of space while Windows 10 can take over 10GB and needs 20GB for installation. Netflix,Twitch,and Youtube should work so long as you're using Chrome. WoW should work, except it would be really badly. Would have been really badly in Windows 10 anyway with a ATOM chip.

I would certainly consider putting emulators on that, and I know Undertale would run just fine on that through Wine.
    Ya I was thinking of putting Xubuntu on there if I did put a linux on it. Since its super lightweight and I could play around with it.

Got a link to any of Wendell's videos? I never heard of them or Tek Syndicate.

If I do put linux on it, it will be after I get a full laptop.

Have bad-bad experiences with Windows tablets, even more pricy ones. But they are dirt cheap, I'll give them that.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Have bad-bad experiences with Windows tablets, even more pricy ones. But they are dirt cheap, I'll give them that.
    Just wondering what issues have u had?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just wondering what issues have u had?
    Low battery life, various OS problems (never tried Windows 10 though) ranging from settings automatically changing to reboots on wifi connection. Also the number of apps available for them was very limited and even though some more powerful ones can run desktop applications it doesnt help the battery at all.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Low battery life, various OS problems (never tried Windows 10 though) ranging from settings automatically changing to reboots on wifi connection. Also the number of apps available for them was very limited and even though some more powerful ones can run desktop applications it doesnt help the battery at all.
    Thx for the info. First thing I am going to do once I get it is set it to battery saver mode.

But ya the info says it has around 6hours life but I am sure once stuff runs its more like 4hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My computer is hooked to my tv lol so if I wanted I would just use that.
    Yeah I used to do this too. It is not very convenient to control the computer from bed though is it? Even remote controlling it with phone is not quite as convenient if you want to change the stream or something. It also makes it very easy to cast locally stored media on your computer or server. This is all not to mention xbmc and the convenience and possibilities of that.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Yeah I used to do this too. It is not very convenient to control the computer from bed though is it? Even remote controlling it with phone is not quite as convenient if you want to change the stream or something. It also makes it very easy to cast locally stored media on your computer or server. This is all not to mention xbmc and the convenience and possibilities of that.
    Ya its quite a pain and kinda why I wanted a tablet. So I can just lay back relax and enjoy whatever content. Kinda always wanted a laptop as well and this will work as one until I buy my dream laptop lol.

To add when I get bored of it I mite put linux on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a nearly identical tablet for my gf to use as more or less a mobile system. It handles web browsing and videos fine for the most part, but don't even think about gaming. It struggles with Hearthstone, let alone anything that actually requires movement.

It also generates a lot of heat, from what I'm told.

It's nice, but I wouldn't spend $100 on it, nor would I expect to use it outside of just a handy peripheral.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I bought a nearly identical tablet for my gf to use as more or less a mobile system. It handles web browsing and videos fine for the most part, but don't even think about gaming. It struggles with Hearthstone, let alone anything that actually requires movement.

It also generates a lot of heat, from what I'm told.

It's nice, but I wouldn't spend $100 on it, nor would I expect to use it outside of just a handy peripheral.
    Thx for the info, already ordered LOL. I was just wondering what the max temp was for its cpu. I didn't expect anything super heavy just mainly Twitch,Youtube,FB and insanely light gaming if any.

Found a video of a guy running WoW on it lol

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-09 at 02:43 AM.