Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    None of the others were showing any remarking skill in taking leadership.

It wasn't Saurfang, Baine, nor Lor'themar, it was Sylvanas the one who saved the Horde that day.
    Exactly: Make no mistake, we are at war! This requires a WARchief, and if there is one thing Sylvanas will be good at it is War! None of the others truly fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    genociding is now a word :/
    Laziness on my part. Still accurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What if it is all a ploy by Sylvanas? This is what she said in War Crimes:
    "You hate the Horde—so did I, until I had a place of power there. We can be our own law, Little Moon. We can reshape the Horde in our image. Nothing could stop us. We will grind our enemies into dust and elevate our allies. I feel this; I think you can feel it too."
    So what you're implying is that Sylvanas had hands in the disenchanting of Varian? The dust part makes it sound like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    None of the others were showing any remarking skill in taking leadership.

It wasn't Saurfang, Baine, nor Lor'themar, it was Sylvanas the one who saved the Horde that day.
    Yes, saving the Horde and the world by not pushing through to close the portal, thus ensuring a long and bloody conflict. Brilliant leadership.

Sylvanas is the most cringeworthy of every single faction leader, even past the travesty of the night elves. The difference with her is that it's "trying pathetically hard to be cool" rather than "Blizzard ruining the lore" that makes her so terrible. That's about it.

...in Sylvanas' defense (Ugh), nobody was going to get out of there.

Retreating was the obviously correct choice.

The entire thing was a trap from the get go. They were never going to win. Still doesn't excuse nobody telling the Alliance they were suddenly leaving, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Also, to trigger the SDF, Lor'themar would have been a far superior choice for Warchief had the Word of God not laughingly declared her so. He has just as much experience leading, is a better politician than she is, and the other leaders don't actually hate and mistrust him.
    Because everyone just loves turncoats and showers them with trust. The only thing that could be triggering here is you not making any sense as usual just because Sylvanas killed your parents. And given how he was Sylvanas' subordinate doesn't exactly do much to prove he has just as much experience. Also, after Sylvanas saved the Horde at the Broken Shore, even if she wasn't made Warchief afterwards, they wouldn't have that many reasons to hate her at that point. Finally, Lor'themar was politically outmaneuvered by Garrosh.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Works like clockwork. Criticize their waifu by suggesting somebody is better, and they sperg out. I love it.

Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-11 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Sylvanas as horde warchief is just laughable. Just another sign I shouldn't bother with legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Post death of Arthas... thats basically cataclysm. Hair splittin clown!
    No, Cataclysm is when Deathwing breaks from Deepholm and wrecks the crap out of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You forgot poor Ji.
    I didn't, that was on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I didn't, that was on purpose.

Poor playable Pandaren, always ignored :3

Plot plot twist: Dreadlords are feminists!

Because everyone just loves turncoats and showers them with trust. The only thing that could be triggering here is you not making any sense as usual just because Sylvanas killed your parents. And given how he was Sylvanas' subordinate doesn't exactly do much to prove he has just as much experience. Also, after Sylvanas saved the Horde at the Broken Shore, even if she wasn't made Warchief afterwards, they wouldn't have that many reasons to hate her at that point. Finally, Lor'themar was politically outmaneuvered by Garrosh.
    Well to be fair it took quite a bit of time, before he considered changing allegiance, heck he actually tried to advise Garrosh on several occasions, sure both parties are to blame for the inevitable outcome, but turning on Garrosh isn't something that carries that much weight in hindsight and we don't know all the details the deal with Varian contained.

Works like clockwork. Criticize their waifu by suggesting somebody is better, and they sperg out. I love it.

Because the "at least make sense" part wasn't clear enough. But I guess implying that the Horde trusts the guy who ran over Alliance because Aethas and Rommath didn't die from something they knew was dangerous and even compared to a trapped demon themselves makes sense in your warped world.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well to be fair it took quite a bit of time, before he considered changing allegiance, heck he actually tried to advise Garrosh on several occasions, sure both parties are to blame for the inevitable outcome, but turning on Garrosh isn't something that carries that much weight in hindsight and we don't know all the details the deal with Varian contained.
    Yeah! How dare Lor'themar consider other options when the leader of their faction is throwing away the lives of his people for his pursuit of weapons of mass destruction. Ignoring counsel of anybody who isn't just reaffirming what he already believes.

What a traitorous cur! Everybody knows blind obedience worked so well for the Horde before.

Don't think about all of that though, dat dere lortemmar put his peoplz over the warcheiff.

Plot Twists: Spirits are working for the Zandalari and they want the Horde gone

Deleted
    Lor'themar had an entire arc in Mists of Pandaria where he solidified himself as just a competent leader as any other faction leader, and an even better politician than most of them. Which is capped off in War Crimes by spurning Sylvanas, a person whose faction he once needed to simply survive. And now the Blood Elves are thriving so well under his leadership, that it isn't needed anymore. Hell, he all but directly says, "Whelp I might as well be Warchief" after the Divine Bell and Purge of Dalaran craziness.
    A large majority of the Horde playerbase wouldn't accept Lor'themar as Warchief for the simple fact that he almost defected from the Horde into the Alliance during MoP. That was the "kiss of death" for his character role of leadership in the Horde itself.

Because the "at least make sense" part wasn't clear enough. But I guess implying that the Horde trusts the guy who ran over Alliance because Aethas and Rommath didn't die from something they knew was dangerous and even compared to a trapped demon themselves makes sense in your warped world.
    Well they trusted the guy who considered leaving twice and almost joined up with the Zandalari, the most loyal racial leader to garrosh at the time was gallywix and that is quite telling.

A large majority of the Horde playerbase wouldn't accept Lor'themar as Warchief for the simple fact that he almost defected from the Horde into the Alliance during MoP. That was the "kiss of death" for his character role of leadership.
    ...so what? The rest of the faction turned on Garrosh right after that as well. Vol'jin had already decided enough was enough before the events of the Divine Bell even took place. You know, when he was nearly assassinated.

I'm not sure if y'all remember or not, but Lor'themar supported the Darkspear Rebellion right from the onset. He just couldn't risk openly rebelling at the beginning because a lot of his people are in dangerous positions near Garrosh's. If we're talking about other faction's trust, he was right alongside the rest of them in opposing Garrosh. Its not like he was standing on the sidelines as the Rebellion went into Orgrimmar. All of the actual leaders who mattered were on the same side as him.

Also the idea that somehow Sylvanas is acceptable and Lor'themar is not is just crazy to me. It seems to be literally for no reason other than Sylvanas has more fanboys.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-11 at 09:32 AM.

A large majority of the Horde playerbase wouldn't accept Lor'themar as Warchief for the simple fact that he almost defected from the Horde into the Alliance during MoP. That was the "kiss of death" for his character role of leadership.
    To be honest, I honestly do not understand how orcs accept an undead, rotting corpse as their warchief. Remember when Garrosh and a small army of orcs visited Sylvanas in Tirisfal, and they were utterly disgusted by her and her methods?

And now suddenly the orcs are like YEAH YEAH FOR THE HORDE HAIL SYLVANAS.

It's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It's less about time and more about the trigger. Had he ran to the Alliance after the scouts died, that would be more understandable. The scouts still sucked, but hey, Garrosh didn't spoonfed them information that the hostile land is indeed hostile. But Lor'themar made the final decision only after the Sha box. When the Elves were clearly informed of the specifics (hell, maybe even because Garrosh listened to Lor'themar's concerns after the scouting event). They were aware of the danger, compared it to other dangerous things and decided to carry on despite that, because new intriguing magics. And did not die. But apparently that was already not caring about Blood Elves' lives. Meanwhile, Orcs died by the dozen in Krasarang, but obviously Garrosh used other races as cushions to preserve the Orc master race. He did that with the Forsaken actually, and they didn't run back... hmm... to the Scourge? Alliance wouldn't take them after all.