Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.
    "I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*
    10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    I disagree! This is what you really saw, yet failed to realize...
    - 1 lacks years of XP, one is only loyal, for now... etc.
    - Its a coming of age style story for Sylvanas / growth into a leader who already has made the greatest sacrifices and still pushed on - a true leader who just needs the right moment to shine (example for us all).
    - Voljin expressing his point of view, just shows how much of a good leader he was - the ability to look past someones faults, and his own personal beliefs.
    - "the Spirits" is just a completion of the circle, since most of R.L. population on earth believes in something greater/religious.
    - Politics - its nice to finally see a female leader.
    - Lastly - the other leaders didn't complain (yet?), which shows they know she has the potential.

10+ Year Old Account

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

I don't know if Baine would have made a good candidate.

Not sure if I see Saurfang as a contender either.

Lor'themar has kind of demonstrated his abilities a bit.

Call it spirits... call it conscience. I think Vol'jin realizes that their enemy is ruthless, and as such the horde may need someone equally ruthless/heartless to prevail.

There was a lot of unsaid emotion in that cinematic. Sylvanas on the battlefield, Sylvanas in the throne room. Baine in the throne room almost looks a little hurt by what Vol'jin is saying. Sylvanas seems both sad and shocked when Vol'jin dies and then chooses her. Very well done.

Players need to apprehend the fact that the current system of thought in WoW populations is the one which can be explained as medieval. That is, reason is not the main force behind actions of most of the significant characters, just like in the example mentioned (Vol'jin making Slyvannas as the next warchief purely on his visions showed to him by higher forces - Gods). On the other hand in Alliance we can see a closer similarity to the real life medieval period. All in all, Blizzard surely has someone in their team with a decent amount of anthropology knowledge and human behavior.

Also, in my opinion the question of the discrimination of the Undead population which was very current during the Cataclysm era of Garrosh's rule hasn't been decently approached (as far as I know), and there not being any leftovers of that period is kinda unlogical. The question and it's the eventual instability of the Horde would be a interesting topic in this expansion to touch and develop onto, especially now Sylvannas becoming the warchief and such...
    Last edited by tripad; 2016-08-10 at 05:13 PM.

This all could have been avoided if they just let the queen use her plague... but nooo we gotta be ethical.

Did any of those 3 assbags do anything but swing their swords that day? Sylvanas got the Horde out of there that day and Vol'jin saw that she even pulled down her Val'kyr to save as many as possible. Maybe Vol'jin was making up the story about the spirits to legitimize her in the eyes of the rest of the horde who tend to be more spiritual, but he saw her for what she was that day even though he never trusted her. When the chips were down she got all of the horde that she could out that day, those other three were not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That's a horrible thought. Baine is the only choice that would be WORSE than Vol'jin.

But Sylvie is alright and she's ruthless enough to fight the legion. I honestly don't care who is warchief so long as it isn't Baine or Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by tripad View Post
    Players need to apprehend the fact that the current system of thought in WoW populations is the one which can be explained as medieval. That is, reason is not the main force behind actions of most of the significant characters, just like in the example mentioned (Vol'jin making Slyvannas as the next warchief purely on his visions showed to him by higher forces - Gods). On the other hand in Alliance we can see a closer similarity to the real life medieval period. All in all, Blizzard surely has someone in their team with a decent amount of anthropology knowledge and human behavior.
    You are overcomplicating it quite a bit here.

Vol'jin isn't throwing reason out and trusting his "visions"

The loa aren't just spirits, they are the name that the trolls gave to the wild gods. The wild gods were granted their powers by the titan pantheon to protect azeroth.

It would be unreasonable, in fact,for him to not listen with the wild gods entrusted with the safety of azeroth told him that Sylvanas needed to lead the horde.

None of this is just some mumbo-jumbo that the trolls make up, it is all very real.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Needed more females in important roles......Blizzard were being called misogynists for having only male leaders.....
    TFW Tyrande and Moira become men and feed the digital patriarchy.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

baine would be a crap warchief during wartime(hed be great during peace tho)
    saurfang is an orc so that's out of the question i think people are still butthurt over Soo

it's war, sylvanas is ruthless it's gonna help the horde in the long run

Saving the horde from he burning legion in the broken shore is why she became warchief she was the one that saw the threat and made sure we were safe if it wasn't for her call we would all be dead. She kinda saved voljin for a couple minutes when she took him away she is the one that saved us this is why she deserve warchief.
    Be Free! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Needed more females in important roles......Blizzard were being called misogynists for having only male leaders.....
    Yes I agree that this is the main reason behind this action. Blizzard isn't that naive to not follow the current world situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    We facing the legion, we need a ruthless leader, she shown she is ready to do anything for her people (forsaken) and she is the only one strong enough to bring us to victory. Sylvanas Windrunner is great caracter with deep, intersting and troubling lore, I'm 100% behind the decision to make her warlord, let's hope they show her a bit more than vol'jin tho cause he had potential but did nothing....

ALL HAIL THE NEW LEADER OF THE HORD, ALL HAIL THE BANSHEE QUEEN!

Why didn't they bring Grom back from AU Draenor and make him warchief? He's the Horde hero all the Horde fanboys go crazy for, and now he's just sitting on his ass doing nothing in Draenor anyway...

It's because of a mixture of The Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action on Azeroth

Vol was simply complying with policy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Blizzard story writers have fallen into this idea that killing off people makes for deep/engaging storytelling. I don't know if they're just lazy or creatively incapable of coming up with anything better.
    It does when done right. They never could find anything interesting to do with Vol'Jin so killing him off for Sylvanas is a great idea. Same with Varian. As much as I love him he's gotten a bit stale over the years and I think this is a great way of shaking the story up, also giving both Anduin and Genn some time to shine and grow as characters.

Killing off characters for shock value = Bad
    For character/story development = Good

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    dude, how many threads do you create a day. And why are all of them salty? Also nice spoiler alert in title.

OT: Why no goblin warchief?

Also, RIP Vol'Jin. Basically the last living troll character. Who the hell is left? Who is leading the darkspears now?
    I've been wondering this as well, there's no other major Troll figure at the forefront but Vol'jin, I'm confused as to why they made him Warchief if they planned to literally nothing with him bar talk about garrisons and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    Considering that Vol'Jin is a priest who regularly communicates with the Loa... Yeah that's pretty much 100% in character. His dedication to the Loa is a huge part of his character. Being mad at him for following their advice is like being angry at Velen for listening to the Naaru. I actually think Sylvannas will be a good warchief.
    Vol'jin is not a priest. he is a shadow hunter/monk
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Why didn't they bring Grom back from AU Draenor and make him warchief? He's the Horde hero all the Horde fanboys go crazy for, and now he's just sitting on his ass doing nothing in Draenor anyway...
    Because Grom is busy on his planet trying to reorganize the clans after a huge amount of them went all fel. He and the Dranei leader are busy fixing their own planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Horde and Alliance faction leader dosn't matter much anymore. Khadgar is leading everyone anyways. We are all dancing to his tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    They always say Saurfang is to old to become warchief, but he sure seems to outlive everybody else despite still kicking ass regularly.