Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

I afk'd in all this content because it was so damn boring. At least Blizzard legit hands me my rewards now.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I don't care how you feel about the axe. It's general knowledge that rarer things are more sought after. I can go afk in 4 different zones and get a free set of crappy green gear. Or try to win a sick looking ultra rare axe in an event raid.

It's like if some homeless simpleton came up to me in the streets with a handful of dirt and said, "You may like diamonds, but I like this pile of dirt just fine". I'm not saying you can't like your little pile of dirt, sport. I'm just telling you which is clearly better.

I already have every possible toy/pet/gear from the event in under a day of casual play. Was really simple and free so again, I can see why casual kids are so happy.

The fel spreader is a lot shittier than I'd hoped.
    Jeez "casual kids" it doesn't make you sound mature, more like a tool. All you do is spouting your opinion and why so bitter?

I agree however that you can just AFK and still get some rewards, which is stupid.

Deleted
    I also like the event. Especially that dynamic stuff that the buildings actually disappear when you kill the crystals and the boss mobs inside. This is really pretty neat and gives you a real sense of accomplishment.

I find it really funny that so many people complain about PvP:
    - Those on PvP Servers complain that it should not allow it
    - Those on PvE Servers complain that there is too little of it.

Kind of a weird world isnt it?

today the invasion CD it's lowered to 3 hrs?

Deleted
    well game feels like a mmorpg for first time in nearly 10 years , thats a good part , too bad yesterday i hardly saw people doing invasions anymore

in terms of content, I would say this definitely is the best, in terms of fun, WOTLK wins hands down, probably can never be beaten unless Blizzard grows balls again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Translation: You don't even know how the event you are defending works.

Yea that sums up most of the children who are die hard defending legion event as best.

BRB afking another full set of awful xmog gear. May as well since it's free and doable while working on other stuff.
    No, it speaks more about you and your dull understanding of subjective. You display persistence as you needlessly call others "kids" to try and make your point stronger. Note: it makes it look exhausted and redundant.

I know exactly how the events work. You won't get enough nethershards by afking, and once the invasion is over, you cannot repeat the zone until approx. an hour later. This does not include the Broken Shore scenario nor the Dark Whispers event. Both the invasions and dark whispers can be undertaken by players of all levels. The WotLK zombie event did not use scaling, and the limited-time items were not available to everyone.

Name one instance in a past expac event in which transmogs, pets, toys, a scenario, a "rift" event, and an "infection" event were all available at once: none. The collector's items in the pre-xpac event are Legacy, not Feats of Strength -- participation v. dedication. Active participants receive souvenirs, latecomers do not.

Feel free to unsubscribe or pick up a different game, no one is forcing you to "afk" for the "full set of awful xmog gear." That's your willingness speaking about participation, which ironically contradicts your opinions. It's a pre-xpac event, not a Challenge Mode or PvP Season.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-08-11 at 10:29 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    dunno Invasions are pretty shit for me .. im not against PvP since i choose to play on a PvP server .. but the balance on our connected server is like 80% horde 20% alliance .. all i see on invasion is 10 alliance flying and waiting for invasions are over and like 150 Hordes killing Demons down there .. and god fboid u *try* to help make invasions go faster u get instarekt by 30 Hordes jumping at you .. so literally Invasions do not rly exist for alliance player since we do nothing just wait in the sky

Are ppl really serious in this thread? Sure the cinematics are cool but everything else sucked, The invasion feels like a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems well thought out. I would have liked the loot rewards to be subjectives of the new titanforged system, though. ilvl 700 is a bit boring and it would've been nice to have a small shot of an upgrade.

Haven't done the dark whisper parts yet, though. Seems like zombie invasion 2.0, and seeing as that was their most successful pre-launch event so far, me likey!

Wasn't around for TBC pre-launch but I remember Cataclysm's, with the exception of the short lived Zalazane/Gnomeregan outdoor events, was dreadful. MoP had basically none and WoD had pretty little. So I'm glad they're giving it another decent shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I had more fun playing this invasion event than really any other pre-expansion event ever. I saw more participation from players than I had in all previous expansions.

Could this be the best pre-expansion event ever? I mean there is SOOOOOO much content in this pre-expansion event, lots of fun transmogs, pets, toys, secret events, turning people into demons. Several servers are locked / full and there are queues galore.

This is the best pre-expansion event blizzard has EVER done, imho.

Thoughts?
    content? it's barely nothing ... i completed it all in 30min imo. Broken shore, Demon hunter, and invasion event.. and the dreadlord. nothing else to do.

Deleted
    Nothing will ever top the wrath one imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Are ppl really serious in this thread? Sure the cinematics are cool but everything else sucked, The invasion feels like a joke
    agree, its overhyped/overrated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    content? it's barely nothing ... i completed it all in 30min imo. Broken shore, Demon hunter, and invasion event.. and the dreadlord. nothing else to do.
    I don't believe you. It takes more than 30 minutes. Stop adding false facts just to support your subjective opinion.

The Scourge invasion is still the best, but this comes in at a close second. I can say I've genuinely had more fun in the past 2 days than I did in the almost 2 years WoD has been out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    I don't believe you. It takes more than 30 minutes. Stop adding false facts just to support your subjective opinion.
    it doesnt lol.. the invasions take 5min top.. and dreadlord stuff is just a random thing in cities. and demon hunters well obviously more then 30min.. but that wasnt included

10+ Year Old Account
    They crammed more stuff to do this pre-expansion than any other expansion combined, and there's more to come. The amount of people I am seeing online is crazy. It's so awesome, haven't had this much fun in a pre-expnasion release since the pre-WotLK patch and the zombie invasion, its that good

this pre-Legion patch reminds me of if they merged the pre-TBC and pre-WotLK patches together and then put in more. gratz to Blizzard for this.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-11 at 12:47 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They crammed more stuff to do this pre-expansion than any other expansion combined, and there's more to come. The amount of people I am seeing online is crazy. I
    Well, I think there is a little smoke and mirrors at play here. At least on my sever pairing, the number of people on-line has almost doubled, but still not where it was at during Wrath, Cata and first 3 months of WoD. but Since we have all the CRZ (or "sharding" as they call it now) it makes the areas packed with people, which gives the illusion that servers are hustling and bustling again, though once the event is over and they stop the sharding, things will go back to semi quiet which when then give the impression there was a huge drop off

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is the best pre-expansion event blizzard has EVER done, imho.

Thoughts?

Seriously though, isn't this event just a watered down reskin of the wrath opener? ....and those transmog items are too ugly to be worth anyone's while.

Looks like legion is off to a lackluster start.