Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    No, it speaks more about you and your dull understanding of subjective. You display persistence as you needlessly call others "kids" to try and make your point stronger. Note: it makes it look exhausted and redundant.

I know exactly how the events work. You won't get enough nethershards by afking, and once the invasion is over, you cannot repeat the zone until approx. an hour later. This does not include the Broken Shore scenario nor the Dark Whispers event. Both the invasions and dark whispers can be undertaken by players of all levels. The WotLK zombie event did not use scaling, and the limited-time items were not available to everyone.

Name one instance in a past expac event in which transmogs, pets, toys, a scenario, a "rift" event, and an "infection" event were all available at once: none. The collector's items in the pre-xpac event are Legacy, not Feats of Strength -- participation v. dedication. Active participants receive souvenirs, latecomers do not.

Feel free to unsubscribe or pick up a different game, no one is forcing you to "afk" for the "full set of awful xmog gear." That's your willingness speaking about participation, which ironically contradicts your opinions. It's a pre-xpac event, not a Challenge Mode or PvP Season.
    Rofl "feel free to unsub" because I don't think legion is the best event? Yeah good logic there, kiddo.

Again it is clear you don't even know how the event works and are just way too upset that someone doesn't think this casual-fest is the best event ever during its first phase.

I will say I'm having a lot of fun ganking kids who try to dreadlord wreck towns, although it's also fun to let them get all 9 stacks of whispers off and go on a rampage as well. Get soooo many whispers from casual "adults" crying as hard as you are. It's pretty great.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-11 at 02:58 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    it doesnt lol.. the invasions take 5min top.. and dreadlord stuff is just a random thing in cities. and demon hunters well obviously more then 30min.. but that wasnt included
    Demon hunters were included in your first post. Now they are not?

I agree that the scenario and one invasion can be done in 30 minutes if you don't count possible flying time)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Could this be the best pre-expansion event ever?
    It's good, but too little too late. Also the actual invasions are pretty lame and the "cool transmogs" are the epitome of filler content. The bigger issue really is the hype factor. Hard to believe that the only thing going on leading up to the "biggest legion invasion on Azeroth ever" are lame little skirmishes in low level areas. Legion already does not feel like a legitimately huge event on the scale of previous expansions, they could have at least blown up our capital cities and really made us feel like there were some huge stakes in this conflict before killing off our faction leaders.

It would have been nice if the invasions were a long drawn out conflict up until we push the main Legion forces back to Broken Shore, rather than events happening afterward. Feels contrived.

I really hope the expansion itself won't feel like it's all taking place on just this tiny little corner of the world.

Would be cool if they did ongoing Legion invasions in the old world throughout the expansion ala Deathwing fly overs in Cataclysm. Random and without warning. Maybe they'll do stuff like that later on.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-08-11 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Rofl "feel free to unsub" because I don't think legion is the best event? Yeah good logic there, kiddo.

Again it is clear you don't even know how the event works and are just way too upset that someone doesn't think this casual-fest is the best event ever during its first phase.

I will say I'm having a lot of fun ganking kids who try to dreadlord wreck towns, although it's also fun to let them get all 9 stacks of whispers off and go on a rampage as well. Get soooo many whispers from casual kids crying as hard as you are. It's pretty great.
    Why are you acting that insulting? Calling people kids and kiddo.
    I wonder if you discuss like that when talking to a person face-to-face. For your sake I hope not.

There is no objective truth as to which pre-event was the best. I will not judge it yet myself, as this pre-event is still on-going and will develop up until legion launches. But so far it seems as a really good one and it is miles ahead of 5.0 and 6.0.

Scourge plague event >>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    Why are you acting that insulting? Calling people kids and kiddo.
    I wonder if you discuss like that when talking to a person face-to-face. For your sake I hope not.

There is no objective truth as to which pre-event was the best. I will not judge it yet myself, as this pre-event is still on-going and will develop up until legion launches. But so far it seems as a really good one and it is miles ahead of 5.0 and 6.0.
    Because kids are getting upset that I don't think their pre-event is the best. Only a kid would get that upset over me not liking their casualfest of an event.

I'm not insulting them. I'm identifying them as what they are.

Deleted
    Because kids are getting upset that I don't think their pre-event is the best. Only a kid would get that upset over me not liking their casualfest of an event.

I'm not insulting them. I'm identifying them as what they are.
    It is still an insult.. If I think a guy is an asshole and name him so, I will insult him.

I'm not saying this event is the best. In fact I'm saying that I will wait with passing judgement. You have good points in your comparison to the WotLK pre-event. But they drown in your negative way of communicating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, I think there is a little smoke and mirrors at play here. At least on my sever pairing, the number of people on-line has almost doubled, but still not where it was at during Wrath, Cata and first 3 months of WoD. but Since we have all the CRZ (or "sharding" as they call it now) it makes the areas packed with people, which gives the illusion that servers are hustling and bustling again, though once the event is over and they stop the sharding, things will go back to semi quiet which when then give the impression there was a huge drop off
    can't complain there, but I am enjoying it while it lasts
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    It is still an insult.. If I think a guy is an asshole and name him so, I will insult him.

I'm not saying this event is the best. In fact I'm saying that I will wait with passing judgement. You have good points in your comparison to the WotLK pre-event. But they drown in your negative way of communicating.
    If you have childish opinions, I'm going to call you a kid. End of story.

If that's insulting to you, maybe you should say less childish things? The kid even jumped to the point of saying I should unsubscribe? Like, how poorly can one person grasp a situation to say something like that? Me thinking something isn't the best (which it isn't) means I automatically hate it. That's child logic.

Deleted
    If you have childish opinions, I'm going to call you a kid. End of story.

If that's insulting to you, maybe you should say less childish things? The kid even jumped to the point of saying I should unsubscribe? Like, how poorly can one person grasp a situation to say something like that? Me thinking something isn't the best (which it isn't) means I automatically hate it. That's child logic.
    Whatever. I disagree with your way of discussing, but I'm not going to waste more breath on addressing it.

In my book, yes, best pre-expansion event ever.

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    it doesnt lol.. the invasions take 5min top.. and dreadlord stuff is just a random thing in cities. and demon hunters well obviously more then 30min.. but that wasnt included
    If a lot of people in that phase with you takes about 5 minutes or more a zine but you have to do two and travel to them. So it takes more than 5 minutes. The wotlk event ramped up to as it went on and so is this one suppose to so I bet those dread lords in sw and orgimaar will happen much more often as this goes on.
    Finally the demon hunter takes around an hour.
    We got more content this prepatch than all of WoD in open world content to do.
    I still like wotlk one more but this is a solid second prepatch event and could go higher as it goes on

Deleted
    I personally preferred WoTLK & Cataclysm's pre-event, but all in all Legion's pre-event is real fucking good too. MoP & WoD are the only ones I can think of which sucked absolute shit.

Deleted
    It's great. You can't expect more too happen.

If you expect the events to be in every area, instead of only 8, there would be many more bugs. Nethercrystals/transmogs/pets are basically casual stuff, since you get those without any effort and the 700 gear for twinks is very nice. Alot of ppl are already afking, so bigger events would just fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Playing a faction imbalanced server is making invasions very very unfun for me.

They really need to disable pvp in these areas. And not because of any kind of "carebear boohoo role a pve server" reason - I love world pvp - but because getting within 20 yards of a mob means dieing instantly to cleave / aoe.

That's not pvp it's bad design.

The rest of the stuff is great though.
    With the new "shard" technology, all ive seen is pretty balanced invasion fights.

Of course, whenever I go to events, all I do is kill horde because it gets my kill counts up and I still get the event done. I just tap each boss and then start killing horde. Its been extremely fun for me

I find the invasions to be pretty... Meh. It was ok at first. Then everyone found out that you could just afk through them and get the same loot and now it takes forever to complete them. And after doing them 5-6 times they become really dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's not just invasions, but the sheer amount of stuff that makes it awesome.

There's the broken shore.
    Then there's invasions.
    Then the invasions will increase in intensity until launch.
    THEN there's going to be the three weekly quests involving Dalaran, Uludar, and Karazan
    Then there's all the fancy cutscenes/voice acting along with it all

Not to mention the early access of Demon Hunters if you preordered.

Best set of pre-launch things I've ever experienced in an MMO. I hope this concept of over-doing things carries over into the actual expansion. It'll go a long way to apologizing for WoD.
    A-fucking-MEN! If they keep it up, Legion has the potential to blow everything else out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I find the invasions to be pretty... Meh. It was ok at first. Then everyone found out that you could just afk through them and get the same loot and now it takes forever to complete them. And after doing them 5-6 times they become really dull.
    What doesn't become dull after doing it 5-6 times...? Well, to normies. I've done Invasions across 10 characters so far, still not tired of them. I suspect all my 33 100's will have 700+ Ilvl thanks to the invasions before Legion hits.

This and Wrath launch event easily the best. This might wind up overtaking the zombies once things ramp up. Assuming it's literally every zone flooded with demons and the major cities flooded with Dreadlords. That's gonna be an insane week.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This event really has every type of player involved, casual or hardcore... in regards to the usual old boring "say that it appeals to casuals to devalue it!!!"-tactics used in this thread. Haha!
    Yup. I'd wager also that a lot of the people saying that, are just angry mid-lifers who long for their faded Vanilla glory; and the days when they could sell MC runs or Naxx runs to the gullible as "sight seeing tours". Sad to say but those days are never coming back, and I am a Vanilla player who is glad for this fact.

Legion might well be the best WoW Expansion.. ever.

There I said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's OK but not (so far) great. The Broken Shores scenario is decent as far as gameplay and very good at setting up the story and showing us the stakes involved.

The invasions... are standard. They're all the same (Defend X, Kill Commanders, Repel the Legion, Kill the Big Commander.). Only the location varies and while it's kind of fun to go places I've not been in a while the lack of variety doesn't excite me and, aside from one alt, I don't need the gear.

Now, as more things get released? Could be awesome. Right now, Wrath to me felt like it brought the threat closer to the normal world. IF you're not at an invasion point at the moment it feels totally normal.