why bloodelves shorter than nightelves?

i dont like ahort demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by munchimunchi View Post
    After they were banished from the Night Elf empire, they lost access to the Well of Eternity. Without its energies, they became short and pale.

After a while they created the Sunwell, but for some reason they never regained their former physical stature.

I know, you weren't seriously asking. But you know us lore-nerds...

All that hopping while idle stretches out Night Elf spines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why my demon hunter looks sonfuckin tiny in character select?
    All my other toons take up like 75% of the vertical screen height, my DH is like MAYBE 50%
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious note, it's because of divergent evolution combined with the effects of the Sunwell on their bodies over generations. That, and their proclivity toward magic over martial skill. Farstriders and Blood Knights notwithstanding, most of high/blood elf society is geared around magic being so commonplace that they even have animated brooms sweeping the streets at all hours of the day. So it's no wonder that, over generations, they became smaller and less muscular than the night elves, because the night elves had a highly-militaristic society until after the Third War, when they mellowed out after joining the Alliance (in the Stormrage novel, Stormwind fashion and hairstyles had become somewhat popular among night elf citizens, suggesting a lot more cultural cross-pollination goes on in-lore than can be easily represented ingame).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Is that why my demon hunter looks sonfuckin tiny in character select?
    All my other toons take up like 75% of the vertical screen height, my DH is like MAYBE 50%
    It happens to Death Knights, too. For some reason, the character select screen zooms out on the hero classes to give us a better look at the environment around them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

That's what she said!

But don't worry about it, just buy a really big Mastodon to make up for it.
    Chicks dig Mastodons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are gnomes bigger than a real life garden gnome?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Serious note, it's because of divergent evolution combined with the effects of the Sunwell on their bodies over generations. That, and their proclivity toward magic over martial skill. Farstriders and Blood Knights notwithstanding, most of high/blood elf society is geared around magic being so commonplace that they even have animated brooms sweeping the streets at all hours of the day. So it's no wonder that, over generations, they became smaller and less muscular than the night elves, because the night elves had a highly-militaristic society until after the Third War, when they mellowed out after joining the Alliance (in the Stormrage novel, Stormwind fashion and hairstyles had become somewhat popular among night elf citizens, suggesting a lot more cultural cross-pollination goes on in-lore than can be easily represented ingame).

- - - Updated - - -

It happens to Death Knights, too. For some reason, the character select screen zooms out on the hero classes to give us a better look at the environment around them.
    /Thread

In all seriousness. This is spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves are taller than humans, when they are doing /salute emote. And night elves are pretty small compare to Taurens and Ogres, even Trolls are bigger than night elves.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The weight of their sins affected their proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The weight of their sins affected their proportions.
    Gnomes must be the devil incarnate then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is a longer lore explenation, though I doubt that is the answer you wish to hear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves got too much sun.

Inbreeding?

Just trying to lighten it up. It's so super serious in here.

Not only are blood elves shorter, their weapon sizes are tiny compared to the night elves.

Weapon size is super important for me, and I can't create Tauren DHs, so I settled on night elf male DH.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals