Does The Fair Housing Act apply to to discrimination in Campus Housing?

Reason I pose the question is because I just read a nasty little story about discrimination in campus housing and I wondered if these discriminated students have grounds to sue under this act.

So this is The Fair Housing Act in a nutshell.

The Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) introduced meaningful federal enforcement mechanisms. It outlawed:

1. Refusal to sell or rent a dwelling to any person because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
    2. Discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in the terms, conditions or privilege of the sale or rental of a dwelling.
    3. Advertising the sale or rental of a dwelling indicating preference of discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin.
    4. Coercing, threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a person's enjoyment or exercise of housing rights based on discriminatory reasons or retaliating against a person or organization that aids or encourages the exercise or enjoyment of fair housing rights.
    And here's the disgusting act of discrimination currently going down at Claremont College, you'll have to visit the link as I wont paste the content here for obvious reasons.

Now as I read it this original facebook post clearly violates item #1, 2 and 3 of the code, with the subsequent intimidating responses violating #4.

But who all would be liable here?

Are the students who are practicing this discrimination to be held accountable for they are the ones originating it?

And is the school also liable since its they allowed the formation and appointment of Student Union reps and being the owner of the property in question?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Fair housing doesn't apply to selection of roommates due to the intimate nature of the relationships.
    https://www.fairhousingcoach.com/art...mate-selection

It also says sex in the law, but it is perfectly reasonable for a girl/guy to not be willing to be roommates with the other sex duo to obvious reasons.

MLK is going to rise from his grave and start smacking fools around here shortly. I'm calling Nov 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Fair housing doesn't apply to selection of roommates due to the intimate nature of the relationships.
    https://www.fairhousingcoach.com/art...mate-selection
    So that case was about putting boys with girls. That makes good sense as the spirit of the act was not to force people together along those lines but rather to protect people from being discriminated against. Fair ruling indeed for that instance but I does it completely protect all campus housing from any further provisions of the act? I don't think that would be the case.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The quotes from students in that Claremont Independent article start reasonable and ramp it up to 11 pretty hilariously fast.

As bad and stupid as those kids are, them saying PoC only for a roommate should just be a flag for most people that they don't want to live with them.