Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Last night, a few guildies and myself pugged a myhic dungeon. Myself as a DH tank, one DH DPS and a healer. We needed just two more DPS. We spent about 5 minutes filtering through all the DH's to end up with a Mage and Druid. I wasn't leading the group but the guildie that was already had the stigma of "DH noobs".

I do feel sorry for those DH's without guildies to do this stuff with and relying on PuGs but realistically, what did you expect with a brand new class on day one?

I've been pugging on my dh with some success, but there are a lot of people who somehow don't grasp the extremely simple rotation and are doing very low amounts of dps (like 700 ilvl players doing 15k dps low). I don't know how they are, but they seem like the majority in my very anecdotal evidence with an extremely small sample pool.

Deleted
    I've seen the same happen when monks and DK's were introducted into the game. Usually the stigmatic "every noob and his mother" runs a <new class>. And to some level it is true. And just as in real life, the couple of good DH's will suffer from all the bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by necklickhia View Post
    Does anyone else think this sounds stupid?
    Get some gear and then we will eventually group with you...

And how will the DHs get some gear AND experience if everyone would think that way?
    The whole attitude is stupid. People like that are a waste of oxygen.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. there is millions, so of corse people are gunna have way too many
    2. its a new class, so like only 1% of the population even knows how to play them well (not hard but still)
    3. since the class came out on tuesday they are insanly low geared in comparison, so good luck getting right back into mythic raiding!
    4. also slightly undertuned because of lack of talents
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Some ppl are just plain asshats, saying "another DH pleb..." and won't invite you on principle, move on and keep looking, it is darkest just before dawn

So what is "good Havoc DPS" for an iLevel 700 player in level 100 content? What should people be aspiring to as they try to get gud?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    So what is "good Havoc DPS" for an iLevel 700 player in level 100 content? What should people be aspiring to as they try to get gud?
    my dps varies. at 710 ilvl, doing 49k on target dummy without meta, about 90k on kazzak and dungeons usually upwards of 100-200k on trash depending on how big the pull is and about 75k on bosses with meta and ~50k without.

Deleted

And how will the DHs get some gear AND experience if everyone would think that way?
    The same way as you did the last few month when trying to equip a newly created alt... You dont know the mindest of these people? Have you been afk for a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    My DH is only at 709 item level atm, but I've been top on the charts in pretty much everything I've done so far. Mythic dungeons, heroic dungeons, invasions, tanaan, kazzak and LFR. Only really get beat by people in actual raid gear, especially if they have the ring. Been stacking as much crit as I can, invasion gear seems poorly optimized for havoc but I've still managed to get 43%. Consistantly pulling almost 80-100k on kazzak depending on how long he stays alive. I've had a great experience with it so far, haven't been declined for anything at all, but I haven't done any actual raiding with it. I'm sure if I tried joining a normal or heroic HFC group I'd get declined.
    pls tell me how you do 80-100k dps with a 709 DH on Kazzak.

Homophobia is so gay.

I set up pug Mythic runs all the time and this is how i set it up

My standard is full 710+ group, I'm doing them for trinkets and valor, not for gear
    If I get a few 740+'s I will invite someone lower ilvl for a carry, or invite a low ilvl friend

I do not invite DH's because a) no ring. This is important because you can be shit at the game and a ring is going to bolster your dps and make you not a carry b) low ilvl. unless you're in a mythic raiding guild and already got carried, you're going to have an ilvl that is below my desirable ilvl anyways. c) 25-40k single target in a mythic 5m (maybe no lust weird group comp no potions food or flask) is just not something I'm looking to have in my group. They just don't have the talents to make them desirable right now. Sorry, I just don't want a dh in my group.

side notes:
    -meta influences a dh dps heavily. if there are rings and high ilvl in the group and a boss dies before meta wears off a dh is going to do more dps. However, that is very unlikely atm in full pugs because everyone is trying to play their DH, so realistically, 25-45k is what you will see.
    -ATM they are missing their significant damage talents which is the main contributing factor to their low dps. at around 106 things get a lot better for DH's

When I do mythics on my DH i coordinate it with other people in my guild. I'm going to be the carry, so I make sure the other dps'ers going are going on their geared alts or mains. When they bring their DH, I bring my main.

People get really frustrated with me when i advertise as "NO DH's" but that's just how it is. is x3 DH dps at 25-40k capable of clearing a mythic dungeon. yes. do -I- want to be a part of that group? No, i've worked for my gear and ilvl, and i can actively make the choice, at this point in time, if I want to go back to the days of when mythic bosses took longer than 30s to kill, and tbh, i don't.
    Last edited by Emek; 2016-08-11 at 09:44 PM.

Won't get worse in legion they are actually good damage
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Most people are unskilled at them currently...add to the fact they are likely not geared very much...at this point in the expansion, noone wants to carry you for gear.

Sadly, that is the way it is. I am a healer, if i join a group and there is more than 1 in a 5 man group, I leave. Not worth the time. MOST of them suck, stand in shit and don't know the class yet. I am not going to work harder so you can get carried. get some gear, learn the class, maybe next week I will group with them, until then..not happening.
    That's funny. My wife heals and says that the tanks are good and the DPS is OP in 5 mans. I am playing Diablo right now, so I don't have an opinion, but she felt they looked good for their gear level.

I guess YMMV and people don't want to deal with it, but to take a 30 minute debuff seems odd on faceroll content. My wife had no problem healing my fresh tanks (I level all tanking classes)
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You have to remember there's a huge influx of DH right now, it'll calm down eventually - look at Monks, least played class, and DH has a very similar playstyle as MoP Monk. It'll get better, you just have to set yourself apart from the crowd by actually being good, and having better gear.
    Loved the fast paced mop monk playstyle then wod came....

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else think this sounds stupid?
    Get some gear and then we will eventually group with you...

WHen u got 20 different variations of illidan running around its natual to block them from groups. Long time we have known people with idiot names are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I'm vengeance spec'd and my buddy is a healer so we've been group finding 3 dps for mythic dungeons. We don't have trouble finding people to join us, but it's like 80% dh's that sign up, and we just can't do 3 melee dps especially when a lot of new dh's can't dps very well. I always make sure to pick one up though, since I know the struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    pls tell me how you do 80-100k dps with a 709 DH on Kazzak.
    Fel sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Fel sludge.
    oh. Forgot 'bout that. I think i have killed him like once.

Thanks !

Homophobia is so gay.

It's alright. I'm 724 ilvl and still get instant declined for 700+ groups. Still managed to 8/8 and do very nice damage. Haters gonna hate...

I've been tanking Mythic dungeons all day, and got into a couple of heroic pug raids without much issue. I do have a 710 ilevel though, so that may help.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2016-08-12 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what if you had some healers and everyone else was a DH? Couldn't you just cheese through it all?