Wink [Spoilers] About Voljin datamined dialogue...

Hi there guys.

After the recent outcomes of the lore, i have been thinking about this post... Where is this from? Is it some datamined dialogue of a flashback from a future questline?? Or is it just scrapped stuff??

Legion - Vol'jin
    We found some interesting references to a conversation involving Vol'jin. Unfortunately there isn't much more than what is below yet. Keep in mind that this is just a reference in an alpha build of Legion, not something final or officially announced. Spoilers below!

When de time comes, you be ready to fight?
    If dis only de beginning, ain't gonna be easy. If we fight, everyone gonna be makin' sacrifices.
    Vol'jin...
    All your instinct be true. Innocent lives be valued, indeed, but dem magics... Demons we ain't been seein' before. I be fearin' dis only be de beginnin'.
    Warchief, I understand, but we cannot afford to send everything we have at the Legion. Some of our people are not ready for a war. It is -
    It is unfortunate... for all of us, but the time has come to defend our people - all of our people.
    Good. Now we all be seein'... united as one, but we also be need'n an old knowledge. Someone who understand dem fel magics from long ago. Someone ta help understand de fight dey be bringin. Helpin' us prepare... for war.
    Warchief, even with the might of the Horde behind us, the Legion's power continues to grow. We know neither their numbers nor their true power, but as you said, we know their intentions.
    Yes... and we ain't gone be fightin' de Legion alone. It be time we be reachin' out. I be goin' to visit an old friend.
    Dem serious times. Tell your people it's time to be gettin' ready. Everybody gettin' ready.
    And what of my guards, Warchief? We cannot afford to leave the city in its state. The Legion is threat enough, and the Alliance - the Alliance will surely strike when our guard is down.
    Leave 'em. Dem guards be remindin' us of those we lost. They be remindin' us we be one Horde. And dey be remindin' us - ain't nobody be sittin' down when war be upon us.

Deleted
    I assume, originally, Vol'jin didn't die but instead went to Zandalar. But like with Kargath dying, it's another "story change".

To me, this reads as only one speaker in a 2-person conversation, the other person whose dialogue isn't here being Sylvanas. She must be talking to another Troll, possibly the new leader of the Darkspear.

Originally Blizz said Varian was dead and Voljin was missing. Either they scrapped that or maybe hell return as a Loa/Spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Clearly vol'jin foresaw his own death, and left his journal with instructions on how to bring him and [Heaven] back to his friend working in some remote prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    To me, this reads as only one speaker in a 2-person conversation, the other person whose dialogue isn't here being Sylvanas. She must be talking to another Troll, possibly the new leader of the Darkspear.
    The second person is talking non-trollish and refer to him as "warchief".

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's in reference to Demon Hunters.

I want to believe that he didnt died. He made Sylvannas warchief cause they bot plotted about his fake dead in order to sneak into the troll islands to get help without anyone behind him. He will come back with a "legion" of trolls and Sylvannas will give him back the warchief title, as they stated... Finally doing something great for the Horde...

Thats why she carried the body... That is why she was late to the meeting...

I think @Black Kyurem, hit it on the nose, in the origional quest text in Alpha, they said the Warchief was MIA. I think his story, as well as our new warchiefs was adjusted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I assume they decided to change the story direction they were going for

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I think @Black Kyurem, hit it on the nose, in the origional quest text in Alpha, they said the Warchief was MIA. I think his story, as well as our new warchiefs was adjusted.
    Let's hope it was just adjusted and not changed completely. I would be really sad if this was the end for Vol'Jin because he didn't get to do anything as warchief .

@littleman40, I agree. Vol'Jin as the new Warchief was incredible news to me. And he never got much to do, aside from... pass the baton. That being said Sylvanas is a favorite of mine so I am curious what they are going to do with her. It might be time to purify her soul and let her die, she has lived long enough. But either way I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Let's hope it was just adjusted and not changed completely. I would be really sad if this was the end for Vol'Jin because he didn't get to do anything as warchief .
    He did make Sylvanas the new warchief, that's something valuable he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    @littleman40, I agree. Vol'Jin as the new Warchief was incredible news to me. And he never got much to do, aside from... pass the baton. That being said Sylvanas is a favorite of mine so I am curious what they are going to do with her. It might be time to purify her soul and let her die, she has lived long enough. But either way I am happy.
    That's about as much as he did before being warchief, too. It's a pretty good representation of him in the timeline of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    I assume, originally, Vol'jin didn't die but instead went to Zandalar. But like with Kargath dying, it's another "story change".
    What do you mean it's another "story change". Wouldn't it just be a story change? Is there something wrong with blizzard changing up things before they are released?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What do you mean it's another "story change". Wouldn't it just be a story change? Is there something wrong with blizzard changing up things before they are released?
    In the WoD beta, the Kargath Bladefist fight ended with him escaping, presumably to be killed in a later patch. Halfway through beta, they changed it so he died, closing off that plot point because they were scrapping Farahlon. When questioned on twitter, one of the devs called it a "story change" when all it did was remove a potential story.