Strange how a 100% Western man can succumb to ISIS ideology. I can't imagine the process. Did he suffer from what psychologists call "magical thinking"?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/...doff-1.3716873

An intense police standoff*took place in Strathroy, Ont. Wednesday afternoon.*It involved a 24-year-old man by the name of Aaron Driver, inside a taxicab. He was surrounded by police, and eventually a bomb was detonated inside the cab.*Aaron*Driver was killed in the standoff.

On Thursday,*RCMP*told reporters at a press conference*that*Driver had been planning an "imminent" attack in an urban centre. They also say he had pledged allegiance to the so-called Islamic State.*
They were able to determine this information, due in part to a disturbing video Driver had released this week. The FBI spotted the video, and reportedly*tipped off the RCMP.

Wayne Driver is Aaron's father. He had been trying to help Aaron in the months and years preceding his death -- but their relationship had deteriorated. As It Happens guest host Laura Lynch spoke to Driver on Thursday afternoon. Below is part of their*conversation.

Laura Lynch: Wayne Driver, my condolences. How are you feeling today?
Wayne Driver: I'm not doing very well. I'm still shocked and of course quite saddened that my son is gone. The initial reaction was shock, and then the reality set in, and in one respect it didn't really surprise me. I was very surprised they released him on a peace bond*— knowing everything they had on him.

LL: If Aaron had not hung up on you the*last time you tried to speak to him*—*what would you have said to him?
WD:*I just wanted him to know that we were here for him when he was ready. I wanted him to know he was still loved. And that he could*seek some kind of help, because we know he was hurting inside. We know he had to have been hurting still, to be going on the way he was going. If he wasn't*screaming out for help, I don't know what he was doing.