Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

What's up with Jainas attitude towards the horde all of the sudden?(Invasion Spoiler)

I don't know all of the lore but I clearly remember how she was ok with helping the horde against her father and ultimately being the reason why her father died. I always liked her and her views on everything and I thought she would be the first person on Alliance side who would try and figure out what happened and why horde abandoned them.

Instead she acted all hissy-pissy like, saying that she now hates the horde and wants revenge. I really didn't get that part. I expected a lot more from her.

I guess you missed the bombing of Theramore and the purge of Dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Something called mists of pandaria happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it has something to do with Garrosh using a Mana Bomb to obliterate Theramore. And by something, I mean *everything*.

Jaina's been hating the Horde since then pretty hard. She nearly annihilated Orgrimmar shortly after Theramore was bombed, and has been staunchly against the Horde since then, even to the point of arresting/killing the Sunreavers and kicking them out of Dalaran.

She ain't the same Jaina she was and never will be again.

15+ Year Old Account
    She's been at odds with the Horde for quite a while now. This just is the final nail in the coffin. Varian's coffin. But, can you really blame her after that cowardice retreat of the Horde?
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic_- View Post
    I don't know all of the lore but I clearly remember how she was ok with helping the horde against her father and ultimately being the reason why her father died. I always liked her and her views on everything and I thought she would be the first person on Alliance side who would try and figure out what happened and why horde abandoned them.

Instead she acted all hissy-pissy like, saying that she now hates the horde and wants revenge. I really didn't get that part. I expected a lot more from her.
    At the beginning of MoP she was garrisoning a sizable amount of Alliance troops in Theramore, so Garrosh bombed it, killing almost everyone she knew and loved. She obviously felt that she was betrayed by the Horde while in reality she betrayed Theramore's neutral position first by allowing Alliance troops to be garrisoned in Theramore which is right on Orgrimmar's doorstep.

During MoP she used the Kirin Tor to get the Bell of the Heavens to the Alliance, so Garrosh used the Sunreavers to steal it back from them which she saw as a betrayal even though she betrayed the Kirin Tor's neutrality first.

Basically, she became a basic bitch that doesn't seem to understand what it means to be neutral between two global superpowers and paid the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    She's been at odds with the Horde for quite a while now. This just is the final nail in the coffin. Varian's coffin. But, can you really blame her after that cowardice retreat of the Horde?
    someone hasnt seen the horde cinematic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    someone hasnt seen the horde cinematic
    I actually have. And it was still a cowardice retreat. You don't leave your allies to save your own ass. That's the very definition of being a coward.
    Statix will suffice.

Alright that makes sense, sucks about Theramore but I honestly expected more out of her than just basic anger/everyones at fault lol.
    Props to Baine for going against Garrosh and warning Jaina that Garrosh was going to attack her.

The Horde was getting overrun and our leader was dealt a fatal blow. Varian should've hurried it up instead of sitting there bickering with Gul'dan. On top of that, we obviously didn't have the power to stop Gul'dan since he still had more demons and that giant Fel Reaver in reserve, so if the Horde would've stayed to die then both sides would've been wiped and Azeroth would've fallen right then and there.

Living to fight another day isn't cowardice, it's smart battle strategy when dealing with a losing battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde have been total dicks to the Alliance since Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have. And it was still a cowardice retreat. You don't leave your allies to save your own ass. That's the very definition of being a coward.
    But if horde didnt retreat literally the same thing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic_- View Post

i guess you missed an entire expansion...horde nuked(using mana bomb) jainna's city (theramore ) so her hatred is justified

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Living to fight another day isn't cowardice, it's smart battle strategy when dealing with a losing battle.
    so much for lok'tar ogar lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But if horde didnt retreat literally the same thing would happen.
    No, it wouldn't have. They should have retreated together, with Sylvanas' forces providing support until the Alliance force was save. Hell, Varian himself could have been saved by a Val'kyr had Sylvanas not made the decision to save only the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    The Horde was getting overrun and our leader was dealt a fatal blow. Varian should've hurried it up instead of sitting there bickering with Gul'dan. On top of that, we obviously didn't have the power to stop Gul'dan since he still had more demons and that giant Fel Reaver in reserve, so if the Horde would've stayed to die then both sides would've been wiped and Azeroth would've fallen right then and there.

That really doesn't matter. You do not abandon your allies to save your own ass. If you need to retreat, inform your allies. Don't just leave. It's cowardice to the fullest. There's no strategy to it. The Horde chose for the survival of the Horde, not of Azeroth. Divided once more. Two dead leaders, one probably didn't have to had the Horde stayed a little longer to secure the save retreat of the Alliance.

The Horde: Victory or death! Lies.
    Statix will suffice.

She's too stupid to not cope on to the fact it was Garrosh that destroyed Theramore, and everything MoP... which isn't the Horde itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wouldn't have. They should have retreated together, with Sylvanas' forces providing support until the Alliance force was save. Hell, Varian himself could have been saved by a Val'kyr had Sylvanas not made the decision to save only the Horde.
    She had 5 val'kyrs, few crawling horde leaders and 5 seconds to make decision. Staying any longer would get them obliterated. And if there is anything not worth dying for, its alliance.

Theramore, Dalaran, and now her King and friend died because of Sylvanas (a member of the horde) withdrawing the troops.

If both factions had stayed literally everyone would have died. Vol'jin was already severely injured and Baine was also, best thing to do at that point is retreat.
    Cool as a cucumber.

Jaina lost quite a bit due to the horde, the ironic thing is, now that she has suffered true loss, like her father before her she has become very much like him.