7+ Year Old Account

The Broken Shore

so.. this scenario (mini raid) was awesome and fun - made me tear up, but are we going to be able to actually explore this zone come the 30th, or is it another "Dark Portal" event..

7+ Year Old Account
    The Broken shore "zone" is proberly gonna be completly gone when Legion comes. That or we are going to be denied entrance by some hyper strong demons, so that we won't really have a chance to walk around the area
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    well... Tomb of Sargeras is there so it will probably be quest area in front of a raid instance

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will most definitely be used when the Tomb of Sargeras goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    so.. this scenario (mini raid) was awesome and fun - made me tear up, but are we going to be able to actually explore this zone come the 30th, or is it another "Dark Portal" event..
    the zone in and of itself exists on the beta, but due to the lack of ice/rock bridges (depending on faction) you can't quite get up to the tomb of sargeras itself without crafty jumping/being a demon hunter. Last I saw, you basically get swarmed when you approach the path leading to the tomb by a crap tonne of demons

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    the zone in and of itself exists on the beta, but due to the lack of ice/rock bridges (depending on faction) you can't quite get up to the tomb of sargeras itself without crafty jumping/being a demon hunter. Last I saw, you basically get swarmed when you approach the path leading to the tomb by a crap tonne of demons
    So lets say we get a full raid together, maybe even a second raid and merge the two - you think we could get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The Broken shore "zone" is proberly gonna be completly gone when Legion comes. That or we are going to be denied entrance by some hyper strong demons, so that we won't really have a chance to walk around the area
    This is incorrect. You can visit the Broken Shore when Legion launches. There are powerful demons there, yes, but there's no reason you can't go to the island and explore. I did. You just can't get close to the tomb, for obvious lore reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is a flight path there...
    Probably a hint, but we go there again when Legion hits again to do some things there.
    For the Horde!

so after we basically lose the scenario what is the real starting point in legion? I mean the first invasion failed so Horde and Alliance will starting invading on another side yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This is incorrect. You can visit the Broken Shore when Legion launches. There are powerful demons there, yes, but there's no reason you can't go to the island and explore. I did. You just can't get close to the tomb, for obvious lore reasons.
    This is correct. As others have already stated, it exists in the Legion world and you can explore it. It's tough because the terrain is not friendly and there's super pwn-y demons who will roftstomp your face. There are some artifacts that take you to the Broken Shore as well as a part of the quest chain.

To Bufferunderrun (as spoiler free as I can be): When Legion launches, we will start in Dalaran and zip over to the Broken Isles. Once there, in "new" Dalaran we will get our class order hall quest and choose our first artifacts. Basically every class story begins with something along the lines of "The Broken Shore attack failed and the Horde and Alliance stinkers so all of us Priests/Mages/Paladins/Warlocks etc etc are banding together to fight the Burning Legion."
    Last edited by Sills; 2016-08-11 at 07:50 AM.