Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

The Horde's performance at Broken Shore is quite pathetic

I'm sorry to say, but it's true.

After watching both the Alliance and the Horde cinematics several times, I have come to this conclusion.

Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde pick a ridge to flank the Legion. But before long, they get buttfucked from behind. How? How do you not have the rear covered? How did they sneak up on you like that?

The mighty Thrall is crawling around on the ground like he had one too many beers. God only knows what happened to him in the five seconds we didn't see him to send him on his knees like that.

Vol'jin gets stabbed in the stomach, not from behind, but from the front, by a felguard that he MUST have seen charging towards him.

Baine is the only one who actually manages to keep standing and fighting, and has to drag the all powerful world-shaman away from the battlefield.

And then Sylvanas signals the retreat and gets everyone out of there.

Horde, I'm disappointed. That performance was just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know what isn't pathetic ? Alliance-brand salt created by that performance.

Just rob beeing rob you are catching up to jaylock and tennisface on making pointless threads man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. As it turns out loading up the boat and charging straight to the burning legion was not a great choice of tactics.

Sad that your hero has died ?

The thing that disturbed me the most was that noone could throw a rope at Varian so he could climb back after killing that fel reaver.

Come on, it's a flying ship, there are ladder ropes everywhere and it's your King.

The one thing I didn't at all understand was...

we are like... 80 people + leaders of both the horde and the alliance, and we are just watching Tirion die while eating popcorn. Why didn't Jaina for instance just cast a spell on Gul'dan to release Tirion? The scenario was so bad overall, that my eyes bled out.

How is Varian doing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    It's quite lame when you think about it. It's obviously just to further Sylvanas's plot though. Otherwise she wouldn't have given two shits about any of the other leaders (As she never has before this cinematic)

Wish they'd have given some more screentime to Lor'themar, Gallywix & the pandaren leader (who they obviously don't even care about anymore, only a one expansion character just like y'rel)

Also I'm curious...where was Khadgar at the broken shore? Why couldn't he or Jaina just mass teleport everyone away? x_x
    The Khadgar Harbringers video happens at the same time as the Broken Shore. So he was busy in Karazhan while it all went down.

As a horde player, I actually agree quite a bit. Vol'jin is fatally injured (doesn't die yet) in a very anti-climatic way. The passing of warchief is kind of cool, I guess.

The alliance is much more badass in the cut scenes. Hats off to the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but it's true.

After watching both the Alliance and the Horde cinematics several times, I have come to this conclusion.
    You need to stop watching the cinematic and actually play the horde version of the scenario. The cinematic doesn't properly convey the massacre that was going on in that cliff. Mainly because the "horde" cinematic only has like 15 seconds of actual horde screentime, and then 4 uninterrupted minutes of Varian Fan Wank.

What does the alliance have to deal with on their side? Two waves of ground troops. That's it.

What does the horde have to deal with on our side? endless waves of ground troops, an infinite stream of aerial troops (Which our archers kept away from your side down to the last second) and fucking legion fel carriers bombing the living shit out of our troops.

Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde pick a ridge to flank the Legion. But before long, they get buttfucked from behind. How? How do you not have the rear covered? How did they sneak up on you like that?
    They didn't sneak, they were there from the start, we kept that massive tide of demons away from the alliance for as long as possible, but there's only so much you can do when legion spaceships are blasting you from the sky.

The mighty Thrall is crawling around on the ground like he had one too many beers. God only knows what happened to him in the five seconds we didn't see him to send him on his knees like that.
    God only knows? wrong. Do the scenario. He received a combined blast by all three spaceships. To the chest dude.

Vol'jin gets stabbed in the stomach, not from behind, but from the front, by a felguard that he MUST have seen charging towards him.
    Exhaustion will do that to you

Baine is the only one who actually manages to keep standing and fighting, and has to drag the all powerful world-shaman away from the battlefield.
    Not exactly. Baine was blasted by the spaceships too, and had to be carried back to sylvanas.

Ohh you wanna talk about sad?

Lets talk about sad.

Lets talk about how the horde had to fight off FAR MORE than the alliance did (Ground troops, aerial troops, and fucking spaceships) and yet we held the line and even managed to evacuate everyone without the need of one of us having to sacrifice himself for the rest. Meanwhile, a fucking alliance gunship with enough artillery on both sides to flatten a city, can't get a fel reaver to release its grip on it, despite having nearly a dozen cannons trained on him. AT POINTBLANK RANGE.

Lets talk about how the horde refused to retreat until most of our army was wiped out by the orbital bombardment by the legion spaceships, and 3 out of 4 of our leaders were down, one of them fatally injured. While the alliance was perfectly okay, all four of their leaders were fine, most of their army was intact, yet the minute, THE SECOND, that things began to look bad, they didn't hold the line, they ran away immediately.

Lets talk about how the plan was that the horde would buy the alliance time to do its part of the job on that cliff, and the alliance had to charge through and finish the legion down there, yet even though the horde did its part of the job (We bought you the time you needed) Varian wasted this precious time making fancy speeches instead of shutting up and getting the job done (Sylvanas had to at one point scold Varian with the perfect "Less chatting Wrynn, KILL HIM ALREADY!!!").

Lets talk about how despite not having to deal with even half the shit the horde was facing up on that cliff, your side was still completely incapable of reaching gul'dan and end all of this, even though, as mentioned above, all four of your leads were perfectly okay, you only had ground troops to deal with, you had air support and we didn't, and one of your leaders was piloting a fucking battlemech. What, was it too hard to shoot a missile barrage at gul'dan or something?

Lets talk about how when all its said and done, and a massive crippling defeat is delivered to BOTH sides, the horde's first and immediate concern is about reorganizing, regrouping, and starting to plan the next assault, all of the horde united in solidarity in this moment of dire need, while the alliance is bitching, whining, bickering amongst themselves, and moaning about perceived backstabs betrayals and abandonment issues instead of focusing on the real menace here, which they KNOW they can't defeat by themselves.

You wanted to talk about pathetic? There, we talked about pathetic. You and your alliance are fucking pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Wish they'd have given some more screentime to Lor'themar, Gallywix & the pandaren leader (who they obviously don't even care about anymore, only a one expansion character just like y'rel)
    They are too busy hanging out with Velen, Tyrande, the dwarf leads, and that pandaren chick who they also obviously don't care about anymore as she was a one expansion character.

Both sides had missing leaders. I guess they felt it was pointless to send the entire leadership of both sides to battle, just in case something bad happened. In hindsight that was a good idea.

Also I'm curious...where was Khadgar at the broken shore?
    He wasn't at the broken shore. The broken shore takes place at the same time as the second half of the demon hunter starting zone, and he's there, to send the illidari to stormwind and to orgrimmar.

Why couldn't he or Jaina just mass teleport everyone away? x_x
    Well he was busy securing extra allies for the fight against the legion, miles away from that carnage. So at least he has a justification for not mass porting everyone away. Jaina however, didn't teleport anyone because she's a useless psychotic bitch who is only good for bitching, moaning, and raging like a toddler.

Come on, she was in this situation the last time the legion came a'knocking. She held off Archimonde for as long as she could to buy time for someone else to do some mumbo-jumbo, and when her forces were overwhelmed, she fled, teleporting everyone away.

Now here we are, and she's giving shit to the horde for doing the exact same thing she did the last time the legion is here.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-08-11 at 08:20 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm an ally and the guy above me made so many valid points i almost faction changed.

They botched the cutscene on the Horde side. The odds should have been way more overwhelming, it just didn't look that impressive. Also, maybe Vol'jin could have had a more epic death? Throw himself for the killing blow to save Thrall?

My baseless online theory is that they ran out of time to properly do the Horde part of that cutscene.

Keeping my fingers crossed the Horde can regain some of that lost honor. I actually got close to faction-changing.

I'm glad the Alliance is getting some love finally.

To be fair, it's the legion we're talking about...they have ships bigger than cities literally at their disposal, sorry not sorry Sylvannas chose not to die for nothing in a cutscene.

Can we talk about Mekgineer whosiwhatshisface, is this the first time gnomes have been in a major cutscene? GNOMES! GNOMES ARE CANON! GNOMES ARE CANNONS! THEY DO EXIST!

Quote Originally Posted by briern View Post
    i'm an ally and the guy above me made so many valid points i almost faction changed.
    o.O same,
    I have no horde 100s anymore so I haven't done the scenario but weow ...

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

You remind me of the people bitching about war efforts without ever actually stepping foot into one yourself.

Play the Horde scenario, and it becomes quite clear that the Horde didn't retreat out of fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you only watch, or do the Horde side too? There was actually... A lot of demons.. a lot... Even for a scenario... a lot..

You can't really judge the picture of a wounded hero on the floor by almost claiming nothing happened to him though.

Three words to that, and it even exists in the real world; "Fog of War".

Maybe Thrall was at the front? And don't underestimate Baine, Tauren has quite the stamina.

And then Sylvanas signals the retreat and gets everyone out of there.
    Any leader would technically do that if all the aces are out of the deck.

This post is just a tad too salty. Then again, the Alliance faired just as bad, just a little longer.

The Alliance had one ace on their hand, and it was toppled by a more advanced Fel Reaver, Varian had to strike it down and not some pro-magi or Jaina who pulled out early. Both sides were at fault to rely on the few cards they had.

And as some had pointed out, he could've been swooped up on the ground, as the Fel Reaver was struck down. Didn't even need to be by airship, but gyrocopter, wyvern or such.

Though, Varian got the death he deserved. A hero's death. A warrior's death. Think he is more happy not to have to struggle to understand the harder parts in life for him.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I'm glad the Alliance is getting some love finally.

To be fair, it's the legion we're talking about...they have ships bigger than cities literally at their disposal, sorry not sorry Sylvannas chose not to die for nothing in a cutscene.

Can we talk about Mekgineer whosiwhatshisface, is this the first time gnomes have been in a major cutscene? GNOMES! GNOMES ARE CANON! GNOMES ARE CANNONS! THEY DO EXIST!
    There's another thread whinging about that fact. That OP and this OP could be related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's another thread whinging about that fact. That OP and this OP could be related.
    Nah, the Alliance needed some pump, really. The Horde has had a few good chapters, but we can share the light on the stage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nah, the Alliance needed some pump, really. The Horde has had a few good chapters, but we can share the light on the stage.
    Didn't say I think it's bad, I play mostly Horde and I thought it was awesome to see Gelbin in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Didn't say I think it's bad, I play mostly Horde and I thought it was awesome to see Gelbin in action.
    *sulks* I have to admit.. I hyped a little.. To finally see a Tinker in action again.. That mech was awesome, and the smooth demon shot without worry. Hehe.