Page 1 of 2
LastLast

After reading a lot of class forums..... I'm curious.

Is there a single class that believes they are good going into Legion? All I hear is doom from all classes that they wont be able to do high end mythic+ and to me that just sounds silly. because literally all the class forums i've read there is a group of players that believe their spec just isnt good enough, its actually kind of comical.

Me? I'm playing ele shammy! But which of you lovely people actually feel like your class/spec will be wanted/able to do high progression content? because I feel sorry for anybody that uses these forums for trying to find a class they want to succeed with lol.

If you are looking to do Mythic+ seriously it would be helpful to create a toon especially for it.
    You CAN use your raiding main, but there are certainly some specs that are far better than others in there.

The difference is gear. Unlike in CMs, every class will be able to overcome each threshold by simply getting more gear.
    But pushing the limits is of course going to require a specific comp, specific playstyle, as well as being very well geared.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Death Knights are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Death Knights are fantastic.
    Apparently that doesn't apply to Frost. If you go to their Icy Veins it says:

3. Strengths

Good sustained cleave damage
    Reasonably easy to learn and master

4. Weaknesses

Weak single target damage
    Lacking AoE burst damage
    Weak defensive toolkit compared to Unholy
    Lacks Unholy's passive movement speed bonus
    Nothing unique that it can bring to help the raid
    That's a lot of bad things.

Deleted
    Icy-veins current guides are for level 100.

Even so, if they wrote that you are a retard, then would you be a retard?

Stop reading guides as bibles, think for your fucking selves for once!

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    Icy-veins current guides are for level 100.

Even so, if they wrote that you are a retard, then would you be a retard?

Stop reading guides as bibles, think for your fucking selves for once!
    They may not be bibles but one has to assume the guy who wrote it is a very good DK with a lot more knowledge about the class than the average WoW player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    Apparently that doesn't apply to Frost. If you go to their Icy Veins it says:

That's a lot of bad things.
    You can't judge everything by Icy-Veins, and if you actually did research you'd see that the Death Knight community has been outlining the differences between the two specs in full.

I gotta agree with Oblivion. Do the research yourself and don't simply take what a guide is telling you.

There's even people stating that the two specs for Unholy and Frost are the bottom of the barrel based on Sim'd DPS at 110, 840 iLevel, yet logs and real time experience on Beta where things state a completely different story.

Sims, much like Icy Veins can sometimes be, can be shit.

Do some actual research. This doesn't simply apply to Death Knights, this applies to all classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Frost is crazy strong on cleave fights in regard to legion. I'm very much looking forward to playing DK on mythic levels of content.

See, perfect example. We're dealing with NUMBERS and "facts" yet you still have people saying how bad a spec is while others swear its great. I dont get why it is like this. I can state 1+1 is 2 and nobody in their right mind is going to try to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    See, perfect example. We're dealing with NUMBERS and "facts" yet you still have people saying how bad a spec is while others swear its great. I dont get why it is like this. I can state 1+1 is 2 and nobody in their right mind is going to try to say otherwise.
    I mean. They are claiming how good Frost is but if you watch some videos on youtube or stream and look at the dps meters Frost DKs are clearly in trouble. People confuse being able to do something with excelling at it. Unholy is better than Frost at everything except MAYBE cleave and the difference is insignificant. Rogues also do more damage, have infinitely more mobility and utility. Demon Hunters also do more damage and have near infinite mobility. Rogues and DHs don't need to be in a cleave situation to do amazing either. They say "think for yourself". There's no thinking here. Just math. Frost needs help, big time, to compete for progression.

I have a different problem. I'm quite comfortable tanking as any class that I have (that would be 5 different tanks). But now I don't know what to pick. I was considering Blood dk, but I'm afraid I'll get bored of it (seems a bit too simple atm), so I might choose something else.

Basically I have a problem deciding what's more fun, rather than "which spec is better".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I have a different problem. I'm quite comfortable tanking as any class that I have (that would be 5 different tanks). But now I don't know what to pick. I was considering Blood dk, but I'm afraid I'll get bored of it (seems a bit too simple atm), so I might choose something else.

Basically I have a problem deciding what's more fun, rather than "which spec is better".
    Disclaimer: All tanks works pretty well, you can do any content with everyone

Warriors are pretty fun and probably one of the most complex tanks in the lot ( with the right talents ), many things to juggle. It's a better version of WoD prot Warr.
    Druids looks pretty at the moment too, easier to manage and works quite well. Became the original Meat wall with huge health pool and huge armor, instead of the dodge master it was on wod.
    I agree on blood DKs being maybe too simple ( and let's say it, with non existent mobility )

Can't really talk about Monk Pally and DH since i haven't played them nor read much about them.

Based on what i know ( which is little ), monks seems to me a bit wobbly and give me the impression of fragility, i really miss old Brewmaster ( mained one throughout WoD )

DH could turn out very well with high mobility and fun gameplay, but i know nothing about them.

Pally feels to me a bit boring on the rotation and their mitigation, but that's a personal opinion ( never liked the flashy abilities of the paladin ).

Is there a single class that believes they are good going into Legion? All I hear is doom from all classes that they wont be able to do high end mythic+ and to me that just sounds silly. because literally all the class forums i've read there is a group of players that believe their spec just isnt good enough, its actually kind of comical.

Me? I'm playing ele shammy! But which of you lovely people actually feel like your class/spec will be wanted/able to do high progression content? because I feel sorry for anybody that uses these forums for trying to find a class they want to succeed with lol.

I'm actually very happy and impressed with hunter right now. Blood Tanking on my DK feels much simpler as well, although maybe not as durable. Fury warrior is a lot of fun, although the performance feels rather mediocre(maybe it's a iLVL thing?).

I don't know. Overall the classes seem fine to me. People just keep forgetting that the classes are balanced around level 110, with an artifact, and 110 gear/stats. So they complain and call for nerfs/buffs based on incomplete info.

It feels like both specs of the Demon Hunter were built with Mythic+ 5 Man dungeons in mind, as well as challenge modes, because both specs are beast in that tier of content.

Vengeance feels great and i adore it, same with Havoc even while only having 2 tiers of talents available, I can tell I'm going to enjoy the momentum style of gameplay, for survivability though i do agree with the complaints of some others that Havoc is lacking somewhat, an on-demand heal that isn't tied to our big DPS cooldown would be nice. Something like Crimson vial that rogues have.

most people post on a forum because they want to bitch

you'll see a lot of negativity no matter what forum you're looking at for just about any game

Damage isnt what makes a class everyone can do that. Its flavor and utility spells and most of those got gutted.

Sure I can do better Damage as Enh but I don't have Grounding, Tremor, Windwalk, AG, or Sham rage.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2016-08-12 at 11:34 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    To echo what blur wrote, you see a disparate proportion of negative posts to positive ones because often when people are happy, they don't rush out and tell you. Whereas if they are unhappy, they can't wait to tell the world. Which is kind of sad, if you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

You are just reading the posts from the people that want the least effort with the most gain but on THEIR class simply because people dont care for balance, they care for e-peen, therefor when e-peen is taken away, they cry.

My protection Warrior feels OP if i play correctly, broken OP actually, i had the choice to go Guardian for much easier and more OP tanking but i dont care since Warrior has been my main since Vanilla.

Lots of specs look insanely fun, despite how much their "DPS" is.. Enh Shaman/New Moonkin/New Shadowpriest/BM despite being a bit retardely easy ;p

Welcome to every class forum OP, where:
    If their class is overpowered, they are called "decent" or "in the right place"
    If their class is middle of the road, they "need serious work" or "a complete overhaul"
    If their class is underpowered, they just ask "which class is OP now?"
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the direction they've gone in how much they've removed, getting to the point as a DK where I have about 20k HP, not enough RP to Death Strike and knowing they next hit will just kill me is somewhat depressing. I miss the old utility I had, the stuns, death pact, Soul Reaper WoD Edition and such. Don't get me wrong, I think DK is a decent class, but I do miss what I had.

The only thing I really hate right now is Wraith Walk. Such a shit mobility thing, would much prefer Active/Passive Death's Advance from WoD. Get's stuck on everything, and fighting against a Monk in PVP who keeps rolling, porting, flying kicking and such away to heal may have been the most frustrating 5 minutes I've spent trying (and failing due to the BG ending before either of us actually died) to kill something.

There are some classes I consider fairly crap right now. I think Paladin has been completely screwed over, I think Prot Paladin is dumb without Holy Power, and that Light of the Protector is horrible as it is at 100 (I think Artifact may affect this so will see if I play this class). Holy has a horrible Mastery topped with a relatively long AoE Heal in terms of Light of Dawn.

Ret is just terrible in terms of it's design, the spec has little of the interaction I've seen with how thing's like UH DK and Arms Warr work where their abilities work together (Cleave increases WW Damage, Death and Decay makes Scourge Strike cleave). The buff system is Archaic and feels like something that should not exist in WoW today. Judgement is now attempting to copy Colossus Smash with increased damage windows. The removal of Hammer of Wrath makes Ret feel very static, and the mobility from the Mount is pretty crap (Also try using it indoor as a Draenei/Tauren and getting stuck due to how big you are with the Mount). Some of the talents are terribly designed and feel poor. Virtue's Blade is horrible. Thing's like Zeal and Divine Hammer should be baked in by default and have some interaction with the other abilities (E.g. Divine Storm causes your Blade of Wrath and Crusader Strike to cleave, dealing 50% damage to addition targets for 5 seconds).

It feels to me like Ret is almost an afterthought. I don't consider it fun personally, I think WoD was at a point where it was pretty fun, I especially loved how Final Verdict interacted with Divine Storm and increased it's damage/radius. Hammer of Wrath was a nice mix of and gave the spec some range at low % or when using Avenging Wrath.

Every time I mention Paladin's I seem to get into a rant. No I'm not happy with the overall direction, but Yes, I do think as it currently is DK is a good example of class down well, whilst Paladin is how not do it. Some other specs are pretty good as well, Frost Mage, Fire Mage, Enhance Shaman, Spriest, DK's and Warriors come to mind right now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )