Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Sound do you Dread the Most?

What sound would you dread the most?

Personally, it'd be this. If I was taking my usual morning walk down the street, and this suddenly started blaring across the city, I'd either drop dead from a heart attack or otherwise have a total freakout.

The sound of riki's smoke cloud.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." - Donald Trump
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." - Donald Trump
    same but with Hillary Clinton saying it. shes going to win for all the wrong reasons - nepotism, feminism, incompetence, bribery and corruption.

Aside from the blatantly obvious things that would cause distress for most people? Snoring.

I cannot stand it. I'm a light sleeper and if somebody snores nearby I just cannot sleep. Even with ear plugs they cannot be in the same room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the sound of alarm clocks, doesn't matter if I'm wide awake asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Or the best way to get people to vote. Just play that the night before election day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What sound would you dread the most?

Personally, it'd be this. If I was taking my usual morning walk down the street, and this suddenly started blaring across the city, I'd either drop dead from a heart attack or otherwise have a total freakout.
    NOT THE BEES!

I have a deep seated fear of anything that consitutes the sound of a Bee. I can't tell you why, cause i do not know why, but i get really, really, really freaked out by it.

That sound of a rusty metal being rubbed across wood.

It is this certain pitch I can't describe it but when it hits just the right note it is just teeth grinding painful to me.

My mother in laws voice. So whiny and nasally.

And if you hear it, she is complaining about something. Very negative person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal on metal scraping. Sends pain down my spine every time I hit the wrong angle cleaning the grill.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Some sounds are worse for others and sometimes it isnt sound but silence

PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

A person eating loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    same but with Hillary Clinton saying it. shes going to win for all the wrong reasons - nepotism, feminism, incompetence, bribery and corruption.
    Yeah, the incompetence of the GOP and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kickingcan40 View Post
    A person eating loudly.
    ^the lip smacking...seriously I can't be near anyone doing this.

I had a roommate during college who would smack her lips while eating and one day I just got up from the table, told her that the sound of her eating was making me nauseous and left the room.

She was pissed but whatever, she was legit making me nauseous. Funnily enough we're still friends.

Alarm clock and a metal spoon or fork scraping against a metal bowl.

Deleted
    The sound of "I love you so much, but I can't be with you anymore. I'm choosing myself over you." And then her slamming the door shut for the last time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    ^the lip smacking...seriously I can't be near anyone doing this.

I had a roommate during college who would smack her lips while eating and one day I just got up from the table, told her that the sound of her eating was making me nauseous and left the room.

She was pissed but whatever, she was legit making me nauseous. Funnily enough we're still friends.
    Kinda wierd if you'd resign your friendship with someone, cause you think they make sounds that make you nauseous. :P

That'd be like breaking your friendship with someone cause they farted on you, or something ; Can't have been much of a friendship to begin with, then

OT: I tried to link Ben Brode's laughter, but failed the Link. But yeah. his laughter. It's haunting. Especially the more you listen to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Styrofoam....the sound of crunching Styrofoam...UGG CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Deleted
    Very close thunder. This is btw a very interesting question. If humanity wasn't so arrogant it would no longer ask the question to themselves but would observer either animals or very young childs that haven't been "civilized" to endure things like Sylvester fireworks (in Germany it's btw more just boom without the light).