Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    So Vol'jins "This not be da same legion" was basically just a red herring?

I didn't actually remember that legion likes to reality hop as well...

Ah, guy above just mentioned this quote. It's Vol'jin, just after they wonder how quicky they spread.
    I think he means it's different than the other times when we faced the Legion. Probably because of the portal Gul'dan was able to open up.
    Cool as a cucumber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Yeah it's bad enough to create one, it's worse to say that something in that conflicting time line is above the fracturing of timelines. The Legion supposedly surpasses all that buuuut, Mannoroth has shown up twice in two different time lines, being killed many years apart...So yeah. it's a bad Idea to fuck with alternate time lines and I hope to god we are done with the digitial abortion that is WoD.

Mannoroth, like Archimonde, was killed before but not in the nether so he lives again.

I agree that this whole alternative timelines is a bad idea. Mostly because people make a big fuzz about it and dont understand it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    what i dont get is whts with the legion ships in the air. WTF is that. And when you get close to them you insta die.
    If you dont get that its because you havent been following lore at all since tbc.

You guys are all making a great big fuzz about nothing.

Just think of it like this:

We have our azeroth vs the legion.

We have a dead Gul'dan and a living Gul'dan.

Blizzard is most likely not going to open up the whole can of alternate timelines again, so its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Mannoroth, like Archimonde, was killed before but not in the nether so he lives again.

I agree that this whole alternative timelines is a bad idea. Mostly because people make a big fuzz about it and dont understand it though.

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont get that its because you havent been following lore at all since tbc.

You guys are all making a great big fuzz about nothing.

Just think of it like this:

We have our azeroth vs the legion.

We have a dead Gul'dan and a living Gul'dan.

Blizzard is most likely not going to open up the whole can of alternate timelines again, so its all good.
    I did all my quests thanks but they still did not have ships in TBC. Are they a robotic nanite creature that would explain why they are legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    You asked where Cordana is. 0:55 to 1:15 answers your question

- - - Updated - - -

He created it or otherwise "unlock" it. It's a hell of a lot better explanation as to why the Legion is now attacking our Azeroth rather than another one if they can travel cross dimension
    Legion was 100% intending on attacking the AU Azeroth had Garrosh not intervened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    I did all my quests thanks but they still did not have ships in TBC. Are they a robotic nanite creature that would explain why they are legion...
    TBC didnt have ships?

What do you think The exodar and all the TK dungeons/raid are ?

You didnt read shit my man

The spacegoats are basicly called that because they are space travellers. We have known this for almost a decade now

The dranei is a broken off faction of Eredar that fled when Archimonde and KJ gave in to the power of Sargeras.

Velen fled with a number of Dreanei wit hthe help of the Naaru.

They are technologically advanced compared to the races on Azeroth. So are the Legion.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Exodar

Allthough they dont travel in the conventional point a -b method, their ships create black holes that teleport them from A to B.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-12 at 01:09 AM.

Just as a minor point, Tempest Keep and the Exodar are naaru vessels, not eredar/draenei ones. Not that the Legion couldn't have flying vessels (the gnomes and goblins do, after all), but they're unrelated to what we saw in TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Just as a minor point, Tempest Keep and the Exodar are naaru vessels, not eredar/draenei ones. Not that the Legion couldn't have flying vessels (the gnomes and goblins do, after all), but they're unrelated to what we saw in TBC.
    True. But its nothing new to wow, and they use the same black hole technology that the legions does.

I really dont understand how people are confused at all... It is so obvious a 5 year old would get it

Alternate univers guldan

Main universe everything else.

THATS
    IT
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

demons invade.

we fight them.

the end.

how much simpler can it get?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.
    there is only one burning legion that lives across all dimensions
    also illidan is from our universe, and gul'dan is the alternate one we fought on draenor

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Hmm. Did this happen in WoD or as a part of this beginning patch with Legion?
    I believe the MU gul'dan died in warcraft 3, this is the WoD gul'dan

Okay first things first according to the Devs there is only one Burning Legion but it can make demons out of anyone and has access to any timeline it can get portal open in. Ergo it is BIG!

As for which Illidan this is it's the Final Boss from Black Temple. In the Demon Hunter starter quest the player can give up their life or that of random NPC to complete a quest. Choosing yourself causes Illidan to reveal he can do the same corpse walk as the player. No word on whether he whisps like an ordinary Night Elf or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    I believe the MU gul'dan died in warcraft 3, this is the WoD gul'dan
    MU gul'dan died before wc3. We got a flashback to it in wc3 tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Okay first things first according to the Devs there is only one Burning Legion but it can make demons out of anyone and has access to any timeline it can get portal open in. Ergo it is BIG!

As for which Illidan this is it's the Final Boss from Black Temple. In the Demon Hunter starter quest the player can give up their life or that of random NPC to complete a quest. Choosing yourself causes Illidan to reveal he can do the same corpse walk as the player. No word on whether he whisps like an ordinary Night Elf or not.
    Do you not realise that you have been ninjad like 50 times several days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhh no, all of it was consumed, the skull was a artifact of INSANE power, but after illidan consumed the power it became so weak that it just had a minor fragment of power left in it, and you can see that as we actualtly got the trinket
    There's no indication of that. From what I can recall:

1. Gul'dan was killed by demons.
    2. Ner'zhul wanted to use his skull to open portals on Draenor, long before Ner'zhul became the Lich King. He didn't actually use it though, he just kept it as a trophy.
    3. Khadgar used the skull to close the Dark Portal.
    4. Illidan consumes the skull.

During the time Ner'zhul had it, all we know of Gul'dans presence in the skull is the following quote:
    The skull appeared to hold some shard of Gul'dan's soul within, enabling the dead warlock to communicate with Ner'zhul.
    This was long before Illidan came anywhere near it. He was still imprisoned at this point. There's no indication in any lore that the entire soul and all memories of Gul'dan were ever in the skull. Only fragments.

Edit:
    And as for the whole "time travel and alternate universe" situation: It's not a matter of understanding the writing; the whole thing is just a mess. It made sense back in the days of WC3 when Archimonde dying had a proper impact, when the only remaining leader of the Legion was Kil'Jaeden. Based on current canon, the events of the past make no sense:
    - Why would Archimonde wait 10.000 years for the second invasion, if invading was completely risk free? He explicitly states that he would have invaded long ago, if he knew the resistance was as weak as it was. Clearly, invading holds some risk. If he can just pop back up again and try again every few months or years, why even bother with tactics? Why is KJ trying to be cunning, when current canon basically ensures that demons only exist in one timeline and can't die, so they can essentially just brute force/zerg anything?
    - It makes sense if MU Archimonde, CoT/MH Archimonde and HFC Archimonde are not the same, and the MU Archimonde is dead. If they're the same, which I guess they are according to current canon, the whole situation is beyond daft. There's no way Archimonde would walk into the same trap twice: "Oh, those wisps? I already knew about those, hah, in your face World Tree. Boom. I win!"
    - Do Titans have access to loads of universes, but the Legion only one? How is that going to pan out? What about Void Lords and Naaru? Are the Legion, due to the Twisting Nether, the only ones that somehow manage to get around the whole multiverse thing? How do they select which multiverse they're in, when they're going to a specific world? How do they even keep track of all that crap? Maybe the demons have the biggest flow chart in the universe, showing the progress of each individual in each multiverse? "Which Gul'dan is that? Let's see, oh right, it's the one that turned out to be a lady in a man's body and had a magical sex change operation. Let's skip that one. He wasn't power hungry enough. How about the next one? Ah rubbish, that's the one with all the singing. I can't stand the singing."
    - If time travel exists, surely the Naaru or Titans, as powerful as they are, would take advantage of that and always win. Just keep going back 5 minutes, get a new version of yourself, multiply and there you go: A billion Titans. Good luck, Burning Legion.
    - Why go back and get the Horde? Seriously, why? That entire plot was absurd. There are so many powerful beings that could be obtained using time travel. Orcs? Really? That's your best bet? Against an immortal KJ, who can slay cities on a whim and pop back up again whenever he dies?

The list goes on and on. The only thing that makes sense at this point is to just ignore it all. There's one universe, we're in it. Done deal. Gul'dan is there for whatever reason, and Cordana was corrupted by him at some point (yes, it is the Cordana from our world, she went along with Khadgar). That's it. Ignore everything else.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2016-08-12 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    - Why would Archimonde wait 10.000 years for the second invasion, if invading was completely risk free? He explicitly states that he would have invaded long ago, if he knew the resistance was as weak as it was. Clearly, invading holds some risk. If he can just pop back up again and try again every few months or years, why even bother with tactics? Why is KJ trying to be cunning, when current canon basically ensures that demons only exist in one timeline and can't die, so they can essentially just brute force/zerg anything?
    At least on that one I've got a head-canony explanation:
    Archimonde probably got all the time he wants. If he'd continuously assault Azeroth every few decades (probably he can't instantly reappear) he'd make it harder for himself if he fails by basically ensuring that the indigenous species would start to really focus on dealing with demonic invasions, specializing on fighting demons and eventually unifying. Waiting for a couple of thousand years, however, would ensure that by the time he has another go at it, most people on Azeroth would likely consider the legion dealt with / a myth to begin with, started squabbles among itself (both lowering their cooperation, numbers and allowing a greater angle for utilizing traitors among the people of Azeroth) and pretty much most but a few actually useful anti-demon tactics and techniques will be long gone.

if gul'dan loot the skull of gul'dan and absorb it he can become a super gul'dan?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Too many important people killed off, given how terrible blizzard is now at lore I'd say it's doubtful they'll be replaced with anything better

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Do you not realise that you have been ninjad like 50 times several days ago?
    Ni-who? Do you mean fifty people already said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.
    You are thinking of the "WoD dimension" incorrectly.

Don't think of it as a separate dimension or timeline. Think of it as if the entire planet of draenor was ripped out of space and time from wherever it belonged and got placed in our universe. "Outer Space" in WoW does not follow the same principals as in real life. The twisting nether is strange as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    You are thinking of the "WoD dimension" incorrectly.

Don't think of it as a separate dimension or timeline. Think of it as if the entire planet of draenor was ripped out of space and time from wherever it belonged and got placed in our universe. "Outer Space" in WoW does not follow the same principals as in real life. The twisting nether is strange as fuck.
    A) That's not what happened, and B) The Twisting Nether isn't space.