Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Cool, thank you. So okay he has pretty great power. He empowered them all. It sounds like a greater version of what Mannaroth accomplished with the Orcs. Still, I don't know if I would go as far as to say "create".

That being said I agree with you that it stands to reason that Sargeras as an entity transcends realities. So it also stands to reason that there aren't an infinite number of Azeroths, only the one who is sleeping. Making the reason for capturing Azeroth seem entirely understandable. If it weren't for that you'd wonder why the legion is so Hell bent (no pun intended) on getting Azeroth.
    Agreed, ESPECIALLY if the Titan (Azeroth) is more powerful than Sargeras himself. Also, it stands to reason that WE as a race, are empowered by our host (being that we are parasites basically) and that is the reason we've been able to repel all previous attempts by the Legion, and Azeroth Awakening has the Legion in overdrive because they might actually be crushed by the New Titan.

Not sure if this was addressed, but people are taking the "this is not the same legion we fought before" out of context and way too literally.

It just means that the legion are using very different tactics than before.

The entire scene where those words occur are the Alliance and Horde surprise at the fact that they were expecting the starting of a invasion force but ending up running into a fully established foothold with a huge demon army already present. The legion brought in ships, better portals, instant summoning of buildings and demons (smaller amounts than the portals but very effective for dropping in shock troops to clear the way for portals).

The factions were caught completely by surprise and didnt expect any of this. The legion had it all ready for them.

The quests will reveal most of everything anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.
    Is our illidan, once you play the demonhunter starting zone you see in the end of the black temple raid he gets frozen in green stone and not killed.(ret con? maybe but good one)

As of now the legion is the same in WoD as the one from wc3 as the one ....there seem to be only one legion ...not great story telling but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    Agreed, ESPECIALLY if the Titan (Azeroth) is more powerful than Sargeras himself. Also, it stands to reason that WE as a race, are empowered by our host (being that we are parasites basically) and that is the reason we've been able to repel all previous attempts by the Legion, and Azeroth Awakening has the Legion in overdrive because they might actually be crushed by the New Titan.
    Man one has to wonder what happens to us (the people of Azeroth) when Azeroth finally awakens...

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    Is our illidan, once you play the demonhunter starting zone you see in the end of the black temple raid he gets frozen in green stone and not killed.(ret con? maybe but good one)

As of now the legion is the same in WoD as the one from wc3 as the one ....there seem to be only one legion ...not great story telling but it is what it is
    no. He was killed and he's still dead. They even mention he was killed. Maiev took his body, encased it and locked it up. Gul'dan stole his corpse for his own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    no. He was killed and he's still dead. They even mention he was killed. Maiev took his body, encased it and locked it up. Gul'dan stole his corpse for his own needs.
    Buddy, have you played the Demon Hunter Starting area? They Ret-conned the shit out of him dieing. During one of the quests, you can sacrifice yourself. If you do Illidan Pops up and says "Oh wow, looks as if you have an Immortal soul, like I do. Run back to your corpse and continue the mission, you are unkillable as long as you can return to your body."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Man one has to wonder what happens to us (the people of Azeroth) when Azeroth finally awakens...
    Hopefully her "awakening" Doesn't mean the utter destruction of the world, and it becomes more of a..... spiritual awakening.

10+ Year Old Account
    please play the demon hunter staring area and sacrifice your self when asked to ... is not a snide comment is for real do it and you will see why he is not dead. that's why i added in my comment "(ret con? maybe but good one)" because yes they said in blizzcon he was dead, but I liked the change so for me is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    When did Ner'zhul have it? Where is that from? Granted I haven't read comics or listened to audio dramas or even read any of the WoW books since Vanilla so maybe they retconned things, but ... In WarCraft 3 didn't Illidan and the Naga raise the Tomb of Sargeras from the ocean floor so that they could get the skull of Gul'Dan, and isn't that where Gul'Dan died and his skull was just left there? I don't recall Ner'zhul ever having it.
    All of that stuff with Ner'zhul was the plot of Warcraft 2 and its expansion. The naga didn't raise the Tomb of Sargeras for Illidan (Gul'dan did that), they just led him to it.

As for Gul'dan's skull, one of the orcs who was sent after Gul'dan found his remains and kept his skull as a trophy. From there, it eventually found its way into Ner'zhul's hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.
    Gameplay first is one of Blizzard's core values. The story is always secondary.
    It is just fluffy scaffolding.

Just enjoy the raids and dungeons and GG.

Buddy, have you played the Demon Hunter Starting area? They Ret-conned the shit out of him dieing. During one of the quests, you can sacrifice yourself. If you do Illidan Pops up and says "Oh wow, looks as if you have an Immortal soul, like I do. Run back to your corpse and continue the mission, you are unkillable as long as you can return to your body."

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully her "awakening" Doesn't mean the utter destruction of the world, and it becomes more of a..... spiritual awakening.
    This is a bit in the way of semantics but his body, for all intents and purposes is dead. His soul is out there in the nether kicking back and having a Mai Thai. Here is the question though, was this a ret con or something they have had in mind for a while? (like 10 years a while). So less a ret con and more of a clarification. So at Blizzcon they can say "Illidan is dead" and not be wrong since his body is dead.

My guess is that, it IS a ret con. But hey I like it enough to let it go.

What I don't understand is why it's so important that they have our Azeroth. If all dimensions and realities are open to them why aren't they just finding the path of least resistance, by that I mean find a particular reality in which Azeroth's defenders weak and easily conquered? They keep trying to take us on and end up getting beat back.

Also, if certain planets are nascent Titans, like Azeroth, then do they exist outside of a single reality/timeline? If not, then aren't the rest of the pantheon still alive in some realities? If they are outside of regular time/reality then so shouldn't we be since we live on them? I mean, I thought Draenor was also a nascent Titan that was destroyed in our timeline, hence Outland, but in the AU Draenor is still an intact titan egg.

I mean, either the Titans have multiverse copies of themselves and therefore Sargeras has to destroy an unlimited amount of them. Or they're singular beings existing outside of that system like the Burning Legion.

Only way around that is to, I guess, say that there are multiverse copies of the planets themselves... but only one will mature into a Titan? So our Azeroth is the only Azeroth that will become a Titan with the same name?

Giving the Legion the ability to cross realities seems to open so many problems.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    What I don't understand is why it's so important that they have our Azeroth. If all dimensions and realities are open to them why aren't they just finding the path of least resistance, by that I mean find a particular reality in which Azeroth's defenders weak and easily conquered? They keep trying to take us on and end up getting beat back.

Also, if certain planets are nascent Titans, like Azeroth, then do they exist outside of a single reality/timeline? If not, then aren't the rest of the pantheon still alive in some realities? If they are outside of regular time/reality then so shouldn't we be since we live on them? I mean, I thought Draenor was also a nascent Titan that was destroyed in our timeline, hence Outland, but in the AU Draenor is still an intact titan egg.

I mean, either the Titans have multiverse copies of themselves and therefore Sargeras has to destroy an unlimited amount of them. Or they're singular beings existing outside of that system like the Burning Legion.

Only way around that is to, I guess, say that there are multiverse copies of the planets themselves... but only one will mature into a Titan? So our Azeroth is the only Azeroth that will become a Titan with the same name?

Giving the Legion the ability to cross realities seems to open so many problems.
    Yeah the whole alternate Dreanor + Legion cross realities fucked everything up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    No point even trying to understand it anymore.

With an infinite Legion and infinite Draenors and Gul'dans there would be an infinite number of Iron Horde invasions coming through our portal all the time and there would be no way we'd win.
    There are infinite number of realities outside. Each of this reality is different in some way.

In each universe is some Draenor, Azeroth and many more worlds. Burning Legion is above those universes. They are in different realm. Warcraft Universe has 3 main realms of existence. Light, Void and Twisting Nether. Light and Void clashes together and Twisting Nether was born from Light and Void.
    Legion main realm is Twisting Nether. It´s their area where they can die permanently. They can travel to infinite universes, do some mess there and die there. They will be returned to Twisting Nether and can pick another universe/reality.

My theory is, that they are using other realities as a training ground. They are trying different plans how to destroy Azeroth(if Azeroth is present in that reality -- sometimes events are not the same as in our main reality. Maybe Medivh did not open Dark Portal and Horde is not on Azeroth - so Azeroth is doomed... etc).

The main problem is, that our reality is special one, because just in our reality that World Soul was born and has a power to stop not just Burning Legion, but also Void Lords from Void. As I said, Void, Light and Twisting Nether are separate realms of existence. In Void there are void lords and Old Gods. Void Lords plan is corruption of the Light and they wanted to be summonned into our realm by Old Gods. And Sargeras as a titan found them first and he wants to destroy all life in Universe and in that way save the universe. If you don´t have worlds to consume by void, you have lost. There are bunch of World Souls out there but they are rare, most of them destroyed by Burning Legion or Sargeras himself. If World Soul (planet with titan embryo inside the core) is corrupted by Old Gods, that Titan born from that "egg" will be manifestation of the Void Lord and could open the gate for real Void Lords. But if you will protect that World Soul, new Titan will be born. In case of Azeroth, theres the strongest Titan in a existence who can stop Void Lords and destroy the Void.

Thats why Azeroth is really important point in a history. What we have done in WoD / end of MoP is just one thing. Bronze dragon Kairoz opened portal to alternate universe... similar to our and he wanted together with Wrathion made Iron Horde and with the power of those Crystals from the device, what opened that portal, he wanted to open Dark Portal not to alternate Azeroth but to our timeline Azeroth and at the same time to the future (our presence) and get huge army to aid us against the Burning Legion. Kairoz brough with him Garrosh, because he as a dragon will not succeed, because another orcs would not believe him about his plan. He needed someone who can understand what it means to be Orc and know their traditions. But Garrosh had his own plan with Iron Horde.

And Garrosh´s betrayal happened.

+ Illidan... its our Illidan but he is demon now, so he cant die in our realm. He can die only in Twisting Nether, so his soul is still returning.
    Guldan case is unknown, but he should also be a part-demon so he would die in Twisting Nether only (same thing with Eredar race)
    Last edited by Draculla; 2016-08-15 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah the whole alternate Dreanor + Legion cross realities fucked everything up.
    A few things as I understand them.

Titans, Sargeras and by extension the legion all exist outside the limits of multiple realities. There is only one Sargeras, there is only one Legion and likewise with the Titans. Hence this Azeroth is the only Azeroth that has a sleeping titan. This is why the legion are so focused on this azeroth and no others. Draenor, as far as I know was never a Titan.

Can anyone show me a link to where it is stated that the Legion transcends all realities? It actually makes a lot of sense, and would fill quite a few plot holes in my head, but I don't remember seeing/reading that anywhere.

Deleted
    me2. I don't even know who that Warcraft guy is and why he has his own world

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Can anyone show me a link to where it is stated that the Legion transcends all realities? It actually makes a lot of sense, and would fill quite a few plot holes in my head, but I don't remember seeing/reading that anywhere.
    https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/607225634301952000

As far as a know, something was mentioned at Blizzcon 2015 and some lines are in Warcraft Chronicle. But I´m not sure. I didn´t pay atention to those things as I knew it before books/interviews were released.
    Last edited by Draculla; 2016-08-15 at 07:52 PM.

please play the demon hunter staring area and sacrifice your self when asked to ... is not a snide comment is for real do it and you will see why he is not dead. that's why i added in my comment "(ret con? maybe but good one)" because yes they said in blizzcon he was dead, but I liked the change so for me is a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh*

played. but you played it and werent listening. Nor did you actually read my post.

His body is dead. DEAD. As a demon he can come back but Maiev was smart enough to realize this could occur and contained his body. Its presently dead until Guldan does his thing.

edit: wrong quote. changed to the proper one.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-16 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

played. but you played it and werent listening. Nor did you actually read my post.

His body is dead. DEAD. As a demon he can come back but Maiev was smart enough to realize this could occur and contained his body. Its presently dead until Guldan does his thing.
    it does not matter if the body is dead, illidan is alive and that is what my original comment was pointing out, yes i read your post and i was talking about illidan as a character you are the one splitting hairs about the body.

it does not matter if the body is dead, illidan is alive and that is what my original comment was pointing out, yes i read your post and i was talking about illidan as a character you are the one splitting hairs about the body.
    I'am not splitting hairs, you're just expressing yourself terribly. My post was about him being killed at the Black Temple, at which point he was biologically dead. The game language refers to him as dead. Until he is resurrected so his spirit can return from the nether.

This is what was said.

If he was being referred to in the context of a character, it was expressed poorly. The only thing we can decipher what this statement meant to say is that he was not killed at black temple. But he was killed there. His dead body was frozen and locked away. A retcon would be if it was changed to him not having been killed by us and frozen while heavily injured, but thats not the case.

The option was open to bring him back. Even in TBC, people and devs were offering speculation and information that while we had killed him, he was far too demonic now and would end up in the twisting nether. so unlike what timberweed said, it was not "retconned the shit out of". The events that happened remain as they were in tbc.

Use the proper context and terminology available, unless you're changing the goalposts to defend yourself. Otherwise you are just not saying what you actually meant to say, no one can read your mind.

No, his character arc was not over, but yes, he was infact dead. You do not refer to this as "yes illidan is alive".
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-16 at 12:49 PM.