Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've been going to zones around demon invasions and dismounting to white attack mobs until some scrub from the opposite faction see's me "busy with a mob" then tries to fight me.

Then I camp them for 6-7 rez's in a row and /lol at least once per kill.

If you're going to try and gank someone who's pretty much helping the overall cause, and you manage to fail at that, you deserve to be laughed at.

Other then that, I don't use them in bgs, arenas. Just @ people who try to gank someone at a disadvantage in open world.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Doesn't really bug me. It just illuminates the personality of the other player.
    This. The higher road is the more difficult one... and in WoW pvp it comes with a lot of being /spit on

Deleted
    in world pvp i often /question opposite faction when they come and attack me, then i just accept my fate.

Ps. Doesnt really bother me at all these ''insults''.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think spitting is pretty disrespectful, but I can't help but /lol myself. Like, I had this Rogue try to kill me (Resto Druid) for like 5 minutes by himself. You can't help but /lol in those situations...
    Spit because they're the dirty *insert other faction here!*

Totally agree though... lately in pvp no one can kill me when I'm holy. Takes upwards of 3 people. XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Too concerned about being that guy that /spits /lols then gets killed by someone else in some awful way.

Why? Because it's hilarious when it happens. No one likes to be laughed at, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think spitting is pretty disrespectful, but I can't help but /lol myself. Like, I had this Rogue try to kill me (Resto Druid) for like 5 minutes by himself. You can't help but /lol in those situations...
    You have to admit that your class has been kind of bullshit in PVP since Burning Crusade and they'll never get nerfed because the tears would be fucking EPIC.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I just don't like the /spit emote in general, I think it serves no real conversational purpose other than to be an annoying shit in PvP or even worse, the annoying shit that doesn't flag for PvP yet /spits on you in areas/servers without PvP flag. Frankly I just don't see why it was even implemented to begin with, spitting on someone is a pretty nasty and petty move.

/lol spam I don't care about. I mean, it's a little annoying I guess but I don't have a huge issue with it.

I win most encounters so the chances I get spit on by some filthy horde scum are already very low. My WW Monk rekts everything except Death Knights (but I can easily escape from them so I never die).
    Last edited by Frandaero; 2016-08-12 at 03:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I only /spit on people who gank my alts, or the mongoloid rogues/ferals who follow you and take you out when you're at low health.

Given that i'm a shaman and we're basically a free kill in any 1v1 situation, unless your enemy is absolutely braindead, I'm not normally hunting people down though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    in world pvp i often /question opposite faction when they come and attack me, then i just accept my fate.

Ps. Doesnt really bother me at all these ''insults''.
    I usually /yawn or /sigh when someone goes after me. If the little shitter wants more than one kill, I will make sure that he/she gets the easiest kills he/she can get, until he/she realizes that I don't care.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The /spit emote is a lot like the Threaten emote in Hearthstone, I take it as a sign that my opponent is really upset that they're losing.

I do wish there was some sort of "You tried" emote for those times that a rogue jumps you and ends up cloak/vanishing after you retaliate.

I have felt that emotes like that should be put on a 1.5 sec internal cool down. If they want to use it, let them and /lol after they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing anyone says to me on the internet troubles me.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Use both emotes all the time, it gets all the sensitive nerds triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think reporting people who do that will do anything? I'm not sure blizzard would silence someone or ban someone for the use of /spit /lol, especially in a PvP environment.
    It will, actually. They'll get scoped for spam. And I won't ever see their chat again. Win/win for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I tend to sit on my target after I kill it. It's way more fun and he gets to see my butt.

/spit macro

/spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit

dead

Deleted
    Didn't Jaylock start the same thread about half a year ago?

Well of course it's rude. :P
    It puts the whole "honorable kill"-thing into question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I just don't like the /spit emote in general, I think it serves no real conversational purpose other than to be an annoying shit in PvP or even worse, the annoying shit that doesn't flag for PvP yet /spits on you in areas/servers without PvP flag. Frankly I just don't see why it was even implemented to begin with, spitting on someone is a pretty nasty and petty move.

/lol spam I don't care about. I mean, it's a little annoying I guess but I don't have a huge issue with it.
    It's comments like these that make me laugh. You can't see why they would allow the introduction of such a vile act which is spitting as its so nasty and petty but you are fine with being able to pickpocket from people's pockets or control some bodies mind as a priest and make them commit suicide off a cliff? We even have warriors running round executing injured people and people murdering each other in general.

It's a game! If you dissect everything down then if you can't see why they would add /spit as it offends you so much, then surely half the entire game could be argued to be as offensive, I named merely a few examples.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only ever use /spit when it's one of those fucking Vanish-bandage-stealth-stun-stun-stun-OHSHITYOUSTILLALIVE?-vanish rogues.

Deleted
    The only thing i used to have was /punch on kidney shot on my Rogue.
    But i spam the key sometimes so i was spaming the emote.

I removed it because it was annoying