Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Anything legitimately wrong with MoP?

Surprisingly nowadays people don't have much to say on Mists other than it was a "decent" expact, at least a thousand times better than WoD. Stupid shit like complaints of playable pandas aside, what do you think was honestly not so done well with it? PvE content, misc design, Blizzard's decisions, etc.

Then again, the fondess for MoP now may be a result of the vicious cycle of consumer opinion. After Legion we'll probably look back at WoD fondly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already look back on WoD fondly. Sure there were a lot of things that could've been done better, but what always has drawn me to the game was still there: friends. I enjoyed myself enough to continue my subscription throughout the xpac.

As for MoP, it was a masterpiece to compliment what I already enjoyed about WoW. There was nothing outright wrong with it, aside from the initial daily spam that subsided relatively quickly.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Deleted
    The theme of the expansion and having to raid my own city.

Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understand what people disliked about MoP. It was a new asthetic, came with a new race and class, was choc-full of story, plenty of raids, heaps of stuff to do, good patch cadence up to the SoO drought... I loved Pandaria.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The length of SoO, and the MSV/ToES,HoF tier was really buggy (no puns intended) and too short. Alliance vs Horde PVE racials were also out of whack. I could nitpick every xpac though. My focus is towards the future
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2016-08-03 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    As for MoP, it was a masterpiece to compliment what I already enjoyed about WoW. There was nothing outright wrong with it, aside from the initial daily spam that subsided relatively quickly.
    Pretty much this.

If I had one complaint about MoP it might've been PvP, but even that is flimsy because I PvP'd a ton in MoP and had a lot of good times. In general, the expansion was just solid. It's probably my favorite purely because every time I logged in I never felt like I didn't have something I could do to pass the time. If I had one gripe it would be that the start exhausted me of dailies pretty fast, but honestly that's more or less just a minor gripe.

The first iteration of the new talent system was god awful for some classes.

IIRC mages suffered the most from it.

The only thing wrong with MoP was the time given to the last patch, more than a year, but that is the same mistake WotLK, Cata and WoD did.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The theme of the expansion
    Does this translate into "lol pandas"? Or were you not a fan of the Sha? Or the Chinese design?

Sorry, "theme" is a bit vague.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Does this translate into "lol pandas"? Or were you not a fan of the Sha? Or the Chinese design?

Sorry, "theme" is a bit vague.
    I was not a fan of any of those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Siege of Orgrimmar was out way too long, and i'm surprised they didn't learn from their mistakes with hfc.
    Hi

easiest raids ever. Stupid new race. Poorly balanced buggy class. terrible content drought. Just gaudy scenery/zones. Terrible pvp seasons. TFB anyone?

Positive note though, i really enjoyed some of the quests

Deleted
    Those against the theme are just boring and unimaginative people to be fair. It's a fantasy game, it's a GOOD thing to be introduced to new places and races.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was probably my favourite expansion, overall, especially if we remove the nostalgia/newness factor of Vanilla/TBC and look at it objectively. It was very well-rounded. I even liked SoO a lot it's just a shame the duration of it soured the vast majority on it. When I first heard they were doing a raid set in Orgrimmar I expected a super lazy Dragon Soul style raid where they reused an existing area, mostly unchanged, and gave us a few lazy boss fights. I was kind of blown away the first time I ran it and realised I was very wrong.

I guess the main problems with MoP other than the extended last tier, was that unfortunately too many people got caught up in the kung fu panda meme and couldn't get over the asian theme - which actually worked really well and was a beautiful change of pace - sadly meaning that many didn't even give it a chance to impress them. That, and the initial flurry of dailies seemed to overwhelm people who didn't realise they don't HAVE to do every single daily every single day to be competitive in LFR and burned themselves out before the raids even released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar was out way too long, and i'm surprised they didn't learn from their mistakes with hfc.
    Like ICC and Dragon Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    After Legion we'll probably look back at WoD fondly.
    No way. Same with Cata.

The only legit issue I've had with MoP was the dailies.

The endless dailies, every day for 3 hours minimum, for lousy 120 rep. Shit gave me PTSD.

Other than that, MoP lacked class balance as any other version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    having to raid my own city.

Fuck that.
    Because Garrosh took it from the 'regular' horde. In the story it makes sense. Orgrimmar was basicly 'his' city and took it over as a fortress..

Other than that, the SoO tier took too long, way too long.. But so does HFC currently. Other than that I had fun with the expansion and getting back to the game during MoP

Deleted
    I had nothing against MoP except that I was burned out on MMO's and really felt like I needed to keep coming online for my guild.
    I did all the way up to SoO where I finally said.. Fuck this and quit.
    I came back 10 months later still clearing SoO with the same guild.

The length of the final raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by squashdouche View Post
    easiest raids ever. Stupid new race. Poorly balanced buggy class. terrible content drought. Just gaudy scenery/zones. Terrible pvp seasons. TFB anyone?

Positive note though, i really enjoyed some of the quests
    Sounds like you haven't actually done any raids at the highest difficult pre-nerfs.