HELP! Random green and white vertical lines appearing every now and then!

Hi there, recently built a new PC and it has been working completely fine! Had a small problem on Sonic Adventure 2 where green lines would appear everywhere, every other game has been working fine.

Now.. Ever since making my Demon Hunter, there has been green and white lines appearing every now and then, like random flickering. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it a problem with my PC? It happened in Pandaria, my Garrison and Stormwind a couple of times, barely noticeable but it is somewhat alarming.

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    i7 6700k 4.5ghz
    Asus ROG Maximus VIII
    16GB 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

Might get more replies in the Computers forum for this,but to me it sounds like a GPU issue

Hey, this problem happened to me when I bought a new monitor and had a relatively new GPU. I tried altering refresh rate, resolution... you name it. What was the solution you ask? I just screwed the connector on the monitor and on the GPU on harder, and the flickering went away. Try doing that first before you take to more drastic measures. If that doesn't work then it sounds like there's something wrong with your hardware unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    As above mentioned, checking the cable doesn't hurt. Otherwise, sounds like the GPU has issues. You could try upping core voltage through MSI afterburner and see if it stabilizes. (Another option is to apply the "silent mode" through the MSI Gaming APP, which is essentially underclocking) But even if it does, that's IMO just a stop gap solution and you should exchange it as soon as the card model in particular is in stock at your retailer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexette View Post
    Hey, this problem happened to me when I bought a new monitor and had a relatively new GPU. I tried altering refresh rate, resolution... you name it. What was the solution you ask? I just screwed the connector on the monitor and on the GPU on harder, and the flickering went away. Try doing that first before you take to more drastic measures. If that doesn't work then it sounds like there's something wrong with your hardware unfortunately
    i had this too, bugged me for days thinking my GPU was broken, was just a loose cable in the back of the monitor, its simple but good to check :P

Still happening. No loose cables in the back of my PC or monitor :/

Try a different cable. If that does not fix it, try another monitor, if possible. Vertical lines usually indicate one or the other has an issue. Occasionally a new driver can cause this issue as well. Have you installed any new drivers of some sort other than the ones you installed when you built it?

I installed the new driver yesterday and nothing else since. I even tried reinstalling.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/R7sActZ.jpg managed to replicate it. The line on the left. Happens when near stuff with outline mode maybe? just a guess

Deleted
    get your VGA and screeen to the place where you buy them for check most likely 1 of the 2 have defect(brand new do not mean 110% working)
    I suspect VGA because if its monitor these lines will exist even if you not play any game

Right so it isn't an issue with my GPU. If I turn down the settings in game, they dissapear. It's an issue to do with Outline Mode whilst using max render scale and anti aliasing. Not sure how to fix it though.

Other people on WoW FB are saying they've had the same problem, perhaps you could try and see if it is the same for you as well?

Deleted
    I had the same issue once, my monitor was broken and I had to replace it.

It's an issue with SSAA and Outline Mode. If stand in the middle of the rug in your Garrison (Alliance) and mouse over a chair, there'll be a thin line out lining a box of it. If I turn SSAA off, it disappears. Tested it on my brothers and friends PC too. Definitely not a fault with my GPU.