Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World pvp is SO much better than instanced

During invasions, pvp just happens, and wow how fun it is.

Classes are dying like they should to me, and things seem much healthier.

I truly wish world pvp was more prevalent so I could experience this type of fun more often.
    Last edited by Hashcrypt; 2016-08-12 at 02:19 AM.

I thinned you might have mistyped your thresh title.

Added fun & spice if one is on one of the several faction-unbalanced realms!

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I thinned you might have mistyped your thresh title.
    Yea auto correct be trollin.

translation: 20+ toons ganking someone while they are fighting an invasion boss is so much better than instanced pvp

No some actually fun isolated pvp took place. I don't like zerging at all.

So no translation needed... World pvp > instanced

How is it different? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't see the distinction myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    How is it different? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't see the distinction myself.
    Well as a sub rogue i kill someone in 5 seconds in world PVP. My guess is this is what the OP is talking about. Thats why the PVP template nerf subs agility to 70% and most of its ability damage to 70% lol. I mean i guess if you like facerolling everywhere, then yes world PVP is better. If you are a tank spec, rogue of any spec, MW monk, world pvp feels better, because you literally walk over anything else and theres nothing they can do to stop you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The ridiculous PvP templates aren't in place in world PVP, providing satisfying gameplay for all. Damaging abilities actually....damages people!

Which, is a stark contrast to instanced PVP, where everyone is essentially engaging in a mass pillow fight while wearing riot gear protection...

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    The ridiculous PvP templates aren't in place in world PVP, providing satisfying gameplay for all. Damaging abilities actually....damages people!

Which, is a stark contrast to instanced PVP, where everyone is essentially engaging in a mass pillow fight while wearing riot gear protection...
    Thats only true for some classes lol. Try being a non rogue/mw/tank and come face my rogue outside in the world. Youll be dead before the second cheapshot ends even in full mythic gear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats only true for some classes lol. Try being a non rogue/mw/tank and come face my rogue outside in the world. Youll be dead before the second cheapshot ends even in full mythic gear lol.
    Rogues are world pvp kings, as they should be. If they get an opener on you, it SHOULD be difficult to survive much longer. And I say this as an arms warrior.

In world pvp, the rock/paper/scissors balancing act is fully in place, and of course that leads to more satisfying gameplay.

I was taking out warlocks and resto shamans like I should be able to, instead of them playing pokemon go and tanking my damage like they can in instanced pvp.

And as an arms warrior, I have ZERO issue dying to my counters either...because I know I counter other specs so all is right in the world.

World pvp = skill less pvp, sorry but there's no effort into killing someone as they are killing a legion mob/boss who is at 70% health when you fight them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    yay Invasion PvP so much fun .. 10 Alliance vs 80 Hordes God Bless World PvP .. /sarcasm

Deleted
    saying world pvp is better is like bgs/arena is like saying a bar brawl is better than a boxing match.

Deleted
    In a random environment (without the templates), the damage / hp / heal ratio really seems a lot better and healthier than with the templates. They're mostly balanced for organized teams, so everyone seems to be much tankier than they should in a random environment.

That being said, I really dislike WPvP during these events. If you look at it from an RP perspective, it doesn't make sense: The legion is right now the bigger threat to either Alliance or Horde. If you look at it from a solely "against the other faction" perspective, because you want to go all Jaina, it still doesn't really make sense: You're not only disrupting the enemy faction, but also the members of the own faction, needlessly making it harder for them. The only reason to do WPvP during the invasions is, that you have fun disrupting the gameplay of other players of both factions. And while doing that, you're not contributing your damage to the goal of beating back the invasion, while still reaping the almost same rewards - i.e. leeching of the work of others. Good for you, but please don't start with some BS how it's anything else than that.

So this guy said it best:
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And thats why instanced pvp is king my friend. Its 10 vs 10. You are either good or you die. Wpvp "fun" is only fun outside events. When you re questing in a no fly zone and I find you. Thats a lot of fun. In events though where you isolate a guy with your 10 friends its not fun its grief ganking.

P.S. I go to events and I kill horde that kill players. If it escalates I resort to grief ganking. But I won't come here and make a thread to tell you Im having fun. I know Im griefing.

It's fun killing people, but it's not fair what so ever.
    With cooldowns and the dps ring up, I can 1v3 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    World pvp = skill less pvp, sorry but there's no effort into killing someone as they are killing a legion mob/boss who is at 70% health when you fight them.
    yeah jerking each other off for 5+ minutes until someone runs out of heals/defensive cds is where the skill is at LOL

World pvp is fun right now, instanced pvp is not, but that probably just means it's only a matter of time until bholinka adds the instanced pvp stats to world pvp as well.

So pvp is more fun for you when you have a distinct advantage.

= I can kill someone only when they're fighting mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    yeah jerking each other off for 5+ minutes until someone runs out of heals/defensive cds is where the skill is at LOL

World pvp is fun right now, instanced pvp is not, but that probably just means it's only a matter of time until bholinka adds the instanced pvp stats to world pvp as well.
    What you described in your first sentence is what team strategy is all about, in any competitive game like league, dota, overwatch, etc.

But I guess ambushing someone, blowing all of your cooldowns before they even have a chance to retaliate is real skill.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.