Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I don't get why Elemental is struggling?

As per topic I don't understand why people on forums say Elemental is struggling. Look at https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8 from last 2 weeks Elemental is the 4th best spec!

Someone explain why Elemental supposedly sucks for raiding?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    As per topic I don't understand why people on forums say Elemental is struggling. Look at https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8 from last 2 weeks Elemental is the 4th best spec!

Someone explain why Elemental supposedly sucks for raiding?
    People talk about lvl 110 raiding, not HFC. Now balance is broken because people dont have artifact weapons.

You are asking to get trolled sir. /s

The game is now set for level 110. Pre-patch has little to no meaning, when your class abilities are now tuned for weapons not even in game yet. At 110 elemental is struggling badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayesh View Post

The game is now set for level 110. Pre-patch has little to no meaning, when your class abilities are now tuned for weapons not even in game yet. At 110 elemental is struggling badly.
    Yep, but this doesn't really matter if you aren't going for world first kills. Just compare your dps to other elemental shamans dps and try do better than they. At least my guild doesn't mind if shamans are bad, they just hope that the player is good, it compensates this struggle a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Yep, but this doesn't really matter if you aren't going for world first kills. Just compare your dps to other elemental shamans dps and try do better than they. At least my guild doesn't mind if shamans are bad, they just hope that the player is good, it compensates this struggle a lot.
    Yeah but the guys above just explained why Ele Shaman isn't as good as the OP thinks. They never said that Ele Shamans should be hunted down and burned. Duh.

I don't get why Elemental is struggling?

....and we all should keep in mind that balancing will go on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Yeah but the guys above just explained why Ele Shaman isn't as good as the OP thinks. They never said that Ele Shamans should be hunted down and burned. Duh.
    Yeh, sorry, I knew my comment missed the subject a little bit. Ele is currently OP (in pre-patch), it won't be anything like that in Legion, but it'll be definitely enough good for you to enjoy raiding and doing mythic+ on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Yeh, sorry, I knew my comment missed the subject a little bit. Ele is currently OP (in pre-patch), it won't be anything like that in Legion, but it'll be definitely enough good for you to enjoy raiding and doing mythic+ on it.
    Ele OP in WoD prepatch (mastery doing 50% of our damage) = we all know how it ended
    Ele OP in Legion prepatch (carried by burst and short kill times) = /tinfoil hat on

İ agree with shauren..

and have you ever seen shaman at 1. place?

On the positive side, we are now quite good at target switching compared to being the worst. And we can multidot on council fights. So we aren't a one trick pony anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The thing is. Being a hybrid dps for a long time is a struggle. You can do all your best but still if you were playing like a mage you'd probably do alot better and help the raid.

But damn Elemental is just fun, its very fun and that goes for other hybrids aswell.

Another thing, apparently Elemental doesnt scale well. Yippy...

i really think people are using the weakest information when it comes to ele at 110. doesnt make sense that some people think ele is garbage at 110 while others feel its great or in a good spot.

At 110 elemental is struggling badly.
    Not nearly as bad as many other classes.

Ele is in a much more stable state @110 than some of the other classes I played in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental is struggling for being a desirable spec for very high end Mythic progress and pushing rankings in Mythic+. Not for anything else. Always keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareq View Post
    İ agree with shauren..

and have you ever seen shaman at 1. place?
    Yup, especially in ToT/SoO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Elemental is struggling for being a desirable spec for very high end Mythic progress and pushing rankings in Mythic+. Not for anything else. Always keep that in mind.
    And even then, I believe we are going to see much more representation in high end progression than we did in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yup, especially in ToT/SoO

- - - Updated - - -

And even then, I believe we are going to see much more representation in high end progression than we did in WoD.
    It is likely to be much better than it was in HFC for example, but at this point Elemental is not looking hot for the top end. Ramp-up too long, sustain meh.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It is likely to be much better than it was in HFC for example, but at this point Elemental is not looking hot for the top end. Ramp-up too long, sustain meh.

I don't get this "ramp up time" thing. I do expect pure single target and burst aoe to be average, but I don't see "ramp up time" being an issue. It's just flame shock and go. It's much less than most classes and very reliable without any punishing rng.

(Also, comparing everything to the outlier that is fire Mage isn't a great argument. Compare it to everything else)
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by verpeiler View Post
    ....and we all should keep in mind that balancing will go on.
    Did you see elemental at the beginning of WoD? Do you want that to happen again? Saying "balancing is still on-going" doesn't mean anything. The same thing was said back then, and yet WoD elemental remained in a broken and completely unviable state for weeks after launch. Hopefully they will get around to doing something, but I think most elemental players aren't holding their breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I don't get this "ramp up time" thing. I do expect pure single target and burst aoe to be average, but I don't see "ramp up time" being an issue. It's just flame shock and go. It's much less than most classes and very reliable without any punishing rng.

(Also, comparing everything to the outlier that is fire Mage isn't a great argument. Compare it to everything else)
    It's one extra GCD per spread target that most other specs don't need. Our damage averages out over time, and if we get a few seconds to start nuking on single target we do alright, but overall there are several specs that do it better, there is little reason to bring an Ele over another spec for Mythic progress at 110 at this point, except for the great ST burst maybe.

Most other ranged specs do have either extra buttons to hit to start dpsing (or are dot specs) or have a much higher roller coaster rotation than ele shaman.

Arcane Mage for instance can't really stop what they are doing to hard switch to an add.

The only real ranged specs that can hard swap consistently is destro lock, but even they have a dot in incinerate, and Frost Mage. Though they do require some set up. (Easy setup mind you)

MM Hunter can in burst situations but it absolutely cannot do it consistently in a sustained setting (Should be noted too that even they need to spend a gcd on sidewinders)

Hunters now would struggle in a fight like Gorefiend where adds just keep spawning. Can't mark them all. Same with void stars+infernals on mythic archi. (Obviously this is all in theory as HFC is a joke now)

There are certain places where MM is insanely good like Il'gynoth but I'm not so certain they wouldn't struggle on something like Xavius P2 adds.

Again, I do think ele will wind up being average on dps but should be a good choice in raids for target switching duties like Gorefiend or killing voidfiends on Xhul.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would someone take an ele shaman to a mythic raid? I'd say a very good target switcher, wind rush totem and good CDs for burst which is quite good on the many fights where last 1/4 of fight is where dps is most needed.

Even if it doesn't compete with the mages of the world in pure dps, our mechanical weaknesses are gone mostly that made us BAD at certain common situations.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-08-13 at 04:09 AM.