Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You don't seem to understand this very straightforward point: no one believes the US will "protect" them. You would have be born yesterday. In recent history it has been the US dragging NATO countries into wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not the other way around. I don't know what nonsense your media are telling you that makes you think this.

In the case of the UK their was no American involvement in the Falklands, or in Suez, nor did the US assist the UK directly during the Battle of Britain. Millions of pounds was donated to the IRA by ordinary American citizens with the tacit approval of Washington.

Most recently in Ukraine a very clear agreement was drawn up and a promise made to Ukraine that it would be defended in the event of invasion, a promise the US did not honour. The US seems to be too scared of Russia to give Ukraine the weapons to defend itself. You are just delusional about this, no serious politician would ever put their faith in US military aid.
    I'm rather a fan of the Brits because you've maintained a capable military for the most part and have been willing to play an important part in aiding American geopolitical goals. I don't include you in my general disdain for Europe at large. As for the Falklands. What are you bitching about? Seems to me you handled that pretty well on your own. What did you want, for us to nuke the place or something? We've been pretty good about coming to Great Britain's aid when she really needed it. One of the main reasons we got in two World Wars was because we felt and still feel a strong kinship with the British people.

yea i would not mess with the russian army in that case after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    One of the main reasons we got in two World Wars was because we ran out of armaments to sell to either side.
    Isn't this a more accurate depiction. This isn't meant to bash the US just run-of-the-mill cynicism...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    It doesn't matter what the world would look like. What it matters is that you won't have the blood of hundred of thousands of innocents in your hands and you stop adding more to them. No one asked you to play world police. World needs UNSC to be that, not USA. And certainly we don't need you to play the judge, the jury and the executioner in your drone campaign.

You're just spewing emotion here not making a real point. How is it morally superior to enjoy the security and prosperity bought by violence while objecting to the violence itself? The reason people have so much contempt for virtue signalling is because it is complete insincere bullshit. You decry the violence of the US military but more than likely have lived your entire life under the security it provides. You likely also decry the prosperity of the West despite having never even seen true poverty with your own eyes. You're just a standard privileged, safe, well-fed and well-entertained westerner desperately seeking some kind of moral superiority.

Where do I even begin with the UNSC? It does not function as come kind of moral arbiter of the universe. It is merely a forum for the victorious nations out of the Second World War to jockey for position in pursuing their geopolitical goals. The US loosing preeminence would only result in one of the other members filling the void and acting in much the same manner, or in all likelihood, far far worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Isn't this a more accurate depiction. This isn't meant to bash the US just run-of-the-mill cynicism...
    You're cherry picking facts to mis-represent the whole. We gave far, far more to the UK at almost giveaway prices. Hence, the U-boat campaigns. Also, if you're going to mis-quote me, at least bold the part you changed. Common courtesy.

You're cherry picking facts to mis-represent the whole. We gave far, far more to the UK at almost giveaway prices. Hence, the U-boat campaigns. Also, if you're going to mis-quote me, at least bold the part you changed. Common courtesy.
    Fair cop, I'll bear it in mind for future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what the world would look like. What it matters is that you won't have the blood of hundred of thousands of innocents in your hands and you stop adding more to them. No one asked you to play world police. World needs UNSC to be that, not USA. And certainly we don't need you to play the judge, the jury and the executioner in your drone campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit it takes a lot time to reload, like every other missile system in the world it uses crane.

Why dont you agree that you were comparing total missiles per ship to fucking cells and get over with it?
    Because each cell contains one missile unless it is quad packed with ESSMs. Why dont you just agree that you have no clue what you are talking about and get over it yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    So, I guess the US assistance to the UK during the Falklands doesnt count.

No one honored the commitment to defend Ukraine, especially not Russia, being the aggressor. As for giving Ukraine weapons, which ones? What did the US have to offer them that they needed but didnt have?
    Most people would think sending troops to fight as assistance. As we did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Ukraine needs modern weapons, they are using Soviet-era stuff. John McCain was absolutely scathing in the Senate about the administrations refusal to do this. I never thought I would agree with him.

The parties in the Ukraine agreement were the USA, the UK and Russia. The UK did not honour its commitment to protect Ukraine either, you are correct. No one else is involved. Either way, I don't think Americans understand how serious their betrayal of Ukraine was. If you don't intervene to help a nation when you said you would then then the entire basis of NATO and other mutual defense pacts falls apart. Additionally, no one in the world is going to give up their nukes ever after this precedent was set.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you sold us some cheap shit doesn't really make you qualify as a trustworthy ally. The sales rep who got me a discount on my gas is not my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people would think sending troops to fight as assistance. As we did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Ukraine needs modern weapons, they are using Soviet-era stuff. John McCain was absolutely scathing in the Senate about the administrations refusal to do this. I never thought I would agree with him.

The parties in the Ukraine agreement were the USA, the UK and Russia. The UK did not honour its commitment to protect Ukraine either, you are correct. No one else is involved. Either way, I don't think Americans understand how serious their betrayal of Ukraine was. If you don't intervene to help a nation when you said you would then then the entire basis of NATO and other mutual defense pacts falls apart. Additionally, no one in the world is going to give up their nukes ever after this precedent was set.
    Afghanistan and Iraq were not friendly to the UK.

Ukraine is in no condition to use Western weapons, totally different than what they are used to. It would be a logistical and training nightmare.

Ukraine's weapons were really under the control of Russia anyway. Plus, the Budapest Memorandum is not a defense treaty like NATO and does not compel any country to act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    If you seriously believe the drivel you spew is intelligible or even has an inkling of truth, you're perhaps dumber than Ulmita.
    What a constructive post.
    Moderation has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What a constructive post.
    Moderation has left the building.
    As MMO-OT's most prolific and perennially least informed shit poster, you're one to talk.

Because each cell contains one missile unless it is quad packed with ESSMs. Why dont you just agree that you have no clue what you are talking about and get over it yourself?
    Why dont you agree that the number of missiles you wrote for the subs are the total amount and not the # of tubes so we be over with it. Am i missing something here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    As MMO-OT's most prolific and perennially least informed shit poster, you're one to talk.
    Once again Skroe, the day I care about your opinion is the day you can feel some sort of achievement in shit posting.
    Funny cause we have the same age, and yet look at you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

I know in the case of a war the UK, and the rest of NATO, would be relying on the US to actually win the war for them.
    We beat Germany, even though we are a much smaller country. I hate the fact people think america always come to our aid.

Sure it's nice for america to be our ally, but I'm sure they feel the same having us at their side.

Once again Skroe, the day I care about your opinion is the day you can feel some sort of achievement in shit posting.
    Funny cause we have the same age, and yet look at you
    Um not quite sure what you mean by that but okay friend O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Um not quite sure what you mean by that but okay friend O_o
    Look at you
    As MMO-OT's most prolific and perennially least informed shit poster, you're one to talk
    You're 32 Skroe.

Look at you

You're 32 Skroe.
    Still not getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you sold us some cheap shit doesn't really make you qualify as a trustworthy ally. The sales rep who got me a discount on my gas is not my friend.
    You are filled with a lot of hate for a people who hold no ill will towards you. You cannot accept the basic historical fact that the UK and United States are as close allies as any two peoples have been in the modern era. I don't know what is driving your animosity, but I'll bet it is a combination of envy and self-hatred. The saddest part is you've no reason to feel either. The British Empire has left a greater mark on the world than any nation before or since. If anything, the United States has only continued her work after she was no longer able. It's okay for us to be friends, I promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont you agree that the number of missiles you wrote for the subs are the total amount and not the # of tubes so we be over with it. Am i missing something here?
    1: Torpedo tubes are designed for rapid reloads.
    2: Many of those subs also have 12 VLS tubes.
    3: The SSGNs are all VLS.

1: Torpedo tubes are designed for rapid reloads.
    2: Many of those subs also have 12 VLS tubes.
    3: The SSGNs are all VLS.
    You just proved me right. Thanks

You just proved me right. Thanks
    Torpedo tubes and VLS are entirely different things.

sumbarine VLS tubes

Each one of those doms is a Tomahawk. 7 per.

Those arrow shaped things on the front sied are Torpedo tubes.

Diagram

This is becoming shockingly stupid, even for you.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-08-20 at 04:50 PM.