Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean this is moot really. If Russia wanted to they could steamroll all of Europe. That's just a fact. But they don't because they are not aggressive and I wish the fucking US would stop fucking poking them.

Russia haven't invaded half of the middle east and installed their own 'leaders'. Russia haven't placed missile 'defence' systems around the borders of the US, can you even imagine if they tried to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Fuck you talking about? Britain didnt introduce conscription until 1916! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recrui...irst_World_War
    Yeah but you wrote that in WW1 and WW2 it was small professional army which is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Yeah but you wrote that in WW1 and WW2 it was small professional army which is wrong.
    No, they said the British Army was a small professional army that swelled in WWI and WWII, i.e. when conscription was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    I mean this is moot really. If Russia wanted to they could steamroll all of Europe. That's just a fact. But they don't because they are not aggressive and I wish the fucking US would stop fucking poking them.

Russia haven't invaded half of the middle east and installed their own 'leaders'. Russia haven't placed missile 'defence' systems around the borders of the US, can you even imagine if they tried to do that.
    Russian tanks are no match to there NATO equivalent and Russian Attack Helicopters are getting shot down by syrians!

Christ have i gone back in time is this the 1980s? How the fuck did this get so bad remember when the Berlin wall fell and things was going alright with Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

I know in the case of a war the UK, and the rest of NATO, would be relying on the US to actually win the war for them.
    No.
    And we need to be more scared of the murricans than the Russians imo. Poetin is less crazy than both their presidential candidates.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, they said the British Army was a small professional army that swelled in WWI and WWII, i.e. when conscription was introduced.
    Oh. Okey then. My bad.

Deleted
    Care.
    I'd rather live in the UK than Russia anyway.

Russian tanks are no match to there NATO equivalent and Russian Attack Helicopters are getting shot down by syrians!

Christ have i gone back in time is this the 1980s? How the fuck did this get so bad remember when the Berlin wall fell and things was going alright with Russia?
    NATO wouldn't stand a chance against Russia, ultimately. Not now, and not in the future.

I Dont want to hate on Russia i actually like the country and have studied its history which i must say is fascinating.

There is absolutely no reason Russia would ever go to war with Britain and vice versa this report as it has been said is just to guilt shame the government over budget cuts.

There is no way Russia could invade Britain and absolutely no way Britain would even get as far into Russia.

So lets just leave it at that

I Dont want to hate on Russia i actually like the country and have studied its history which i must say is fascinating.

There is absolutely no reason Russia would ever go to war with Britain and vice versa this report as it has been said is just to guilt shame the government over budget cuts.

There is no way Russia could invade Britain and absolutely no way Britain would even get as far into Russia.

So lets just leave it at that
    Of course not. But it wouldn't be done like that. Nobody would invade, it would be nuclear and cyber. Boots on the ground invading, the next wars are well past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    They probably couldn't, not without nukes. Even just on paper European NATO countries have a much stronger combined military than Russia, and that's without considering the fact that Russia couldn't just move all of its military west. Not only do they have internal issues that would force parts of their military to stay in place, it's also not really feasible moving tanks from Kamchatka to, say, Kaliningrad. Of course, there could be problems with cooperating on the EU side, in which case the rest of Ukraine, Baltic countries and Poland would get owned, but Russia wouldn't get any further than Germany. This is even assumed in the old NATO policy, back when Soviets were actually strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They probably couldn't, not without nukes. Even just on paper European NATO countries have a much stronger combined military than Russia, and that's without considering the fact that Russia couldn't just move all of its military west. Not only do they have internal issues that would force parts of their military to stay in place, it's also not really feasible moving tanks from Kamchatka to, say, Kaliningrad. Of course, there could be problems with cooperating on the EU side, in which case the rest of Ukraine, Baltic countries and Poland would get owned, but Russia wouldn't get any further than Germany. This is even assumed in the old NATO policy, back when Soviets were actually strong.
    But the point is, it wouldn't be without nukes, theoretically nobody would throw all their cards down and do such a thing without nukes, because it wouldn't be possible.

Nukes and cyber and advanced weaponry - those are the next wars, and ones that would be very bad for us as a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No need to admit that really. It never was a match for Russia.
    Well, maybe in the British Empire days I guess. But certainly not after WW2.

There is no other European country that can match Russia either. Not even the combined forces would be enough, no matter if Russia has old material or not.
    The only country that can beat it is the USA.
    Russia tries real hard in military terms. It spends a large enough fraction of its GDP on military matters to stress the rest of its economy, and it runs hard conscription. That gives it about 750 000 military personnel, mostly badly motivated conscripts.

The EU, just the members, do not spend a large fraction of their GDP on their military, but their GDP is so far ahead of Russias that it doesn't matter. They got 1,5 million military personnel, mostly professional.

The gap in other areas is much larger. Russias GDP before that oil price drop was about the size of Italy. Now it is the size of Mexicos GDP. In terms of population, industrial facilities, etc Russia is far behind.

Russias only advantage is a lot of hand-me-down military equipment from the much more powerful Soviet Union. But that equipment had gone through decades of poor to no maintenance, and it is questionable how much of it would survive active deployment.

It is generally felt that Russia is the largest single military power in Europe, and capable of bullying around small nations. But that France and the Uk could go each rounds with them, and France and the UK together is more than a match for them.

Deleted
    Thought that this would be another Ulmita Russia circlejerk thread.

Anyway, Russia has always been an army with a country, as opposed to country with an army.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    how the hell is that even a surprise ? the only reason hitler didnt took over britain in WW2 was because it was an island and not worth the hassle
    Oooooor the battle of britain was lost therefore a landinvasion without air superiority would be pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Care.
    I'd rather live in the UK than Russia anyway.
    well thats matter of persepctive - it would be alwasy better to live as milionaire in moscow then as unemployed in remove village in uk -_-

The UK wouldn't be alone.
    They've always had support from the US in every military engagement since WWII.

Russia doesn't spend nearly as much money on its military as the US does. And I'm damn sure that they wouldn't steamroll Europe without fucking over their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Oooooor the battle of britain was lost therefore a landinvasion without air superiority would be pointless.
    well its kinda bad example as battle of britain was won with huge help of polish pilots who escaped to UK after Poland has lost because british were to lazy didnt honer their own promise and dint come with help when hitler invaded poland

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yeah, I mean tbh I'm well aware of the Jingoism in my own history education; but curious what the rest of the world learns about that. I was taught we fought a valourous air battle against heavy odds; and the result of that victory was Germany was unable to mount any serious aerial offensives on the Western front, as we crippled their airforce.

What actually happened then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

More relevant: how's Russia faring in the medal count rankings in Rio?

Great Britain - 3rd (pop: 65 mil.)
    Russia - 7th (pop. 143 mil.)

Rough!