Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Worked for Africa if we are being honest...
    I'm not really sure "worked" is really the word I'd use here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Roommates typically don't charge each other rent. The landlord charges tenants rent. Being a roommate is not a public accommodation.
    It's called subletting. Some places allow it, some don't. Don't know if that's what this guy was doing or not.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

On a side note:
    “It’s exclusive [because] I don’t want to live with any white folks,” wrote Karé Ureña, who is black.

Kinda. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm not really sure "worked" is really the word I'd use here...
    What would you?

Deleted
    aside from racism, i wonder what reasons she has for not living with white people

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    aside from racism, i wonder what reasons she has for not living with white people
    Its trendy to virtue signal.

Yes this qualifies as a virtue in 2016.

that should be your right, to associate with only the type of people you want to associate with.

it's racist, but i definitely believe everyone should have the right to be as hateful and racist as they want, as long as they are not allowed to effect politics in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its trendy to virtue signal.

Yes this qualifies as a virtue in 2016.
    I suppose it's also trendy to use recently popular buzzwords like "virtue signal" .

As for the no white room-mates, it's idiotic of her to limit her social interactions due to prejudices on her part but that's her prerogative. I personally wouldn't choose to associate with someone so close-minded.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2016-08-13 at 04:10 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    I suppose it's also trendy to use recently popular buzzwords like "virtue signal" .
    Sure?

Do you have a point or is this a tragic attempt at wit?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    She thinks white people are scary and doesn't want them in her home.

White people have cause[d] so much trauma on these campuses … why in the world would I want to bring that into my home? A place that is supposed to be safe for me?”

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's nothing immoral about having preferences in roommates. Someone feeling comfortable that the person living with them will have more shared experiences can certainly be more important to a reasonable individual that signaling how totally non-racist they are.
    "You're my same race we have shared experiences now!" ...

Please... that's just really silly to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure?

Do you have a point or is this a tragic attempt at wit?
    The irony of you applying the word tragic to someone else's wit when your own post history follows a pretty obvious and sad pattern .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

What a racist bitch. If it was reversed then the white person would be publicly humiliated and harassed

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    What a racist bitch. If it was reversed then the white person would be publicly humiliated and harassed
    Really because I've seen people looking for "white only" or "women only" or "men only" or "chinese only" or "spanish speaking only" with no fucking washington post story!

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    The irony of you applying the word tragic to someone else's wit when your own post history follows a pretty obvious and sad pattern .
    I don't think you understand what irony is... do you mean hypocritical?

Also lad when your are trying to banter with something don't use clumsy sentences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really because I've seen people looking for "white only" or "women only" or "men only" or "chinese only" or "spanish speaking only" with no fucking washington post story!
    ive seen woman only ones around here, ive seen some like "french speaking only" but thats more understandable. and on my unis accomodation facebook page its quite common to see muslims only

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "You're my same race we have shared experiences now!" ...

Please... that's just really silly to me.
    Seems silly to me too, but it's no skin off my ass if that's how she feels. People should pick any ol' reason they like for who they're going to live with. Living with someone's kind of a big deal and beating around the bush for fear of being called "racist" seems even sillier to me than having racial preferences in the first place.

Girl only,male only, same language or maybe religion is understandable buy to just say you don't want to consider ABY white people seems like a step back a century. MLK rolling in his grave

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So you should have no say in who you share an apartment with?
    Pretty sure I never said that, but being racist is typically not morally acceptable. The only reason to have a "no whites" or "no blacks" sign is because of blatant racism.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I appreciate her honesty, I wouldn't want to live with people that hold those views.