Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a waste of time and effort to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Now dont get me wrong this isnt your common garden DM click bait cause even a Liberal Democrat is speaking out against this...
    Oh my god, a Lib Dem! What they say is almost relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    UK dabbles with fascism every few dacades.
    That has literally never happened in the history of the UK. The closest we came to fascism was shooting down the Luftwaffe.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Should we really try to write laws around what crazy people will do?

I dare suggest that if a person was going to murder a bunch of people because his feelings were hurt that you can't really solve that by making restrictions on speech.

Still what do I know
    ? I am sure it is much better to live in shackles out of fear of what a crazy person could do.
    Not much apparently. You keep complaining about restrictions in speech, but I have to ask if you understand what the word speech means? I gave you an example earlier, which you just handwaved away. I could come up with more of such, that is restricted speech in your great freedom of speech land. Just because you don't like to include some speech as speech, doesn't make them not speech. It only makes you dishonest about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not much apparently. You keep complaining about restrictions in speech, but I have to ask if you understand what the word speech means? I gave you an example earlier, which you just handwaved away. I could come up with more of such, that is restricted speech in your great freedom of speech land. Just because you don't like to include some speech as speech, doesn't make them not speech. It only makes you dishonest about it.
    I am still able to separate threatening a terrorist attack with being mean to someone.

I was dismissive because your example was absurd.

Should we really try to write laws around what crazy people will do?

I dare suggest that if a person was going to murder a bunch of people because his feelings were hurt that you can't really solve that by making restrictions on speech.

Still what do I know? I am sure it is much better to live in shackles out of fear of what a crazy person could do.
    You've somehow convinced yourself that I would change anything. I'm merely saying that when a guy decides to beat the shit out of you or shoot you for trash talking, road raging, etc, that's your own fault. The prevalence of trash talking (weak trash talking) online is because of the absence of consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    You've somehow convinced yourself that I would change anything. I'm merely saying that when a guy decides to beat the shit out of you or shoot you for trash talking, road raging, etc, that's your own fault. The prevalence of trash talking (weak trash talking) online is because of the absence of consequence.
    It isn't your fault.

Being mean doesn't justify assualt or murder you utter psychopath.

It isn't your fault.

Being mean doesn't justify assualt or murder you utter psychopath.
    If you're trying to incite someone into anger, you know very damn well what you're to expect from them. DUDE, IT'S JUST A PRANK!

If you're trying to incite someone into anger, you know very damn well what you're to expect from them. DUDE, IT'S JUST A PRANK!
    No this isn't how it works.

Insulting someone does not give them legal justification to murder you...

I am now left to wonder if your morals are so warped by your own work or if someone lead you down this path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Oh my god, a Lib Dem! What they say is almost relevant.
    When a right wing newspaper and a Lib Dem politician agree with each other you know this is a bad idea!

No this isn't how it works.

Insulting someone does not give them legal justification to murder you...

I am now left to wonder if your morals are so warped by your own work or if someone lead you down this path.
    Oh, you don't understand. I'm not saying it's legal or moral. It has nothing to do with morals and laws and everything to do with causality and the expectations of man.

Deleted
    I have no problem if they target trolls who do nothing but spew hate speech. Anything else is going to be a slipper slope tho.

Good thing they gonna spend millions in this but this is allowed

Oh, you don't understand. I'm not saying it's legal or moral. It has nothing to do with morals and laws and everything to do with causality and the expectations of man.
    You have zero faith in man then if you think people just murder each other at a insult and we need laws to stop the people who insult rather then those who murder.

Your world view is fucked. I'm sorry try to get it sorted.

There was a guy that got shot over a disagreement for taking too long in line. Guess we have to punish people who take X amount of time to order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    When a right wing newspaper and a Lib Dem politician agree with each other you know this is a bad idea!
    The dream team of Tim Farron and the Daily Mail.

Said nobody ever.

I am still able to separate threatening a terrorist attack with being mean to someone.

I was dismissive because your example was absurd.
    You were dismissive because you obviously missed the point due to your bias. You are no different than the people proposing restrictions on speech, based on what they personally find acceptable. You do exactly the same, unless you advocate for making ALL speech unrestricted.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-08-14 at 09:36 AM.

You were dismissive because you obviously missed the point due to your bias. You are no different than the people proposing restrictions on speech, based on what they personally find acceptable. You do exactly the same, unless you advocate for making ALL speech unrestricted.
    Except im not doing that in anyway. I get what you are trying to argue it just doesn't have any legs to stand on. There is a damn world of difference between a credible threat and some one insulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kanuty View Post

Good thing they gonna spend millions in this but this is allowed
    They have an exemption under any law my friend they can say what they like, for more information ask endus who is our local muslim defender.

Deleted
    I wanna see him defend that shit

Except im not doing that in anyway. I get what you are trying to argue it just doesn't have any legs to stand on. There is a damn world of difference between a credible threat and some one insulting someone.
    You are not getting it, are you? Death threats, terrorist threats, hate speech, libel, slander, and all that is speech. It is punishable too. Do you agree on it being punishable? Then you are imposing your personal views on restricting some speech, the same as the people in the article do. Your views on what is acceptable or not just differ. On the other hand, if you wish those to be all legal speech, then it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The dream team of Tim Farron and the Daily Mail.

Said nobody ever.
    Not about being a dream team its about when you have people on both sides of the spectrum agreeing that shit is dangerous to free speech then call me old fashion maybe its best to listen!

You have zero faith in man then if you think people just murder each other at a insult and we need laws to stop the people who insult rather then those who murder.

Your world view is fucked. I'm sorry try to get it sorted.
    Oh, I've never said that. I've said that it happens and fights because of insults while playing pick up games isn't uncommon--albeit it's more commonly push, shove, and airbox because most people don't know how to fight.

It's realistic to expect that when someone is shit talking, there's a chance for a fight. The whole purpose is to make the other person mad and when someone is mad, there's that possibility of a fight. The most common event is that nothing happens. The other guy simply plays like shit and leaves the court humiliated. Then there are the fights and the ultra-rare instances of shootings.

You think my world view is fucked? You visit this site every day crying that feminists and Black Lives Matters is fucking up your world. They line up in Seattle every weekend and the worst they do is hold me up 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There was a guy that got shot over a disagreement for taking too long in line. Guess we have to punish people who take X amount of time to order.
    I've already said I wouldn't do punish anyone. Just don't be surprised by the consequences.