A Few Fire Fundamental Questions

1. How does Combustion work terms of spells currently in the air?

In other words, if I cast X and then cast combustion while X is in the air, will X benefit from Combustion? Similarly, if I cast Y while combustion is active, and then combustion ends while Y is in the air, will Y still benefit from Combustion?

2. Should Dragon's Breath be part of the rotation or an opportunistic shenanigan?
    Specifically with the range; I don't tend to stand that close to a mob as a mage (especially now with the camera distance zoom restrictions) - is it a significant DPS increase to run in, cast it and run out?

Thanks! ~
    Last edited by Arthael; 2016-08-14 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    1a, no
    1b, yes
    2, not on single target, yes on multiple

I might be completely wrong tho

10+ Year Old Account
    1) It wont affect things already casted and in flight. You can however cast combustion while casting another spell, so what you can do is pop combustion RIGHT before that spell cast finishes, thus gaining the benefit.

2) Only DB on multiple targets, unless you have the legendary that boosts its damage, then it becomes a part of your single target rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post

2) Only DB on multiple targets, unless you have the legendary that boosts its damage, then it becomes a part of your single target rotation.
    well ive heard diferent things about this, generally this is 100% true, but there will be situation where you'd be better off casting DB as opposed to other spells if you're in range with DB, and you have like 1 sec left of combust and HU then you'd be better off casting DB coz you cant get a HS in that time, especially if you like me have 200ish ms(EU FTW!!) then it is close to impossible to get 7 pyros off during TW within the duration of a combust, the best i can usually do is is 6 pyros and have HU with around 1 sec or RoP/combust falling off, in those situations, DB is definately worth casting, assuming you're in range.

a bit off topic, but if you have the DB legendary, then you need to be really careful when you use it coz it apparently go through walls atleast in maw of souls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    then it is close to impossible to get 7 pyros off during TW within the duration of a combust, the best i can usually do is is 6 pyros and have HU with around 1 sec or RoP/combust falling off, in those situations, DB is definately worth casting, assuming you're in range.
    Bit off topic, but i will give you a tip about this - after you are done with pyro spam you end up with HU and u can just cast one fast scorch so u can get one more Pyro during combust/rop and yeah if you are in range you can finish with DB(if you are quick with the fingers)

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Bit off topic, but i will give you a tip about this - after you are done with pyro spam you end up with HU and u can just cast one fast scorch so u can get one more Pyro during combust/rop and yeah if you are in range you can finish with DB(if you are quick with the fingers)
    At 110, replace the scorch with Phoenix. If you are fast with the fingers, you could get 2 more pyro.