So WoW lags - hell is going on?

Even on 1/10 (which my computer should be able to handle while calculating the meaning of life) I'll still lag for like a solid 5 seconds, or like FPS drops for 10-15 seconds after logging in. The hell is going on?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

According to guildies of mine, it's an issue with the latest version of DBM causing this.

Four stutters a few seconds apart, within the first 20 seconds of logging in?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post41855949

another thread on the topic. others have the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Even on 1/10 (which my computer should be able to handle while calculating the meaning of life) I'll still lag for like a solid 5 seconds, or like FPS drops for 10-15 seconds after logging in. The hell is going on?
    I would guess something to do with the phasing. The pre-patch is controlled by heavy phasing to be sure that there is enough people for the invasion, and so on. My guess, of course. It is the same phasing technique that was causing people to complain about people disappearing in the cities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I've noticed it too, I sometimes get massive fps drops/lag spikes in the first minute after logging in.
    I have a gtx 1060 and i5 4690k, in invasions I get 50+ FPS on 10/10 with CMAA so its really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    According to guildies of mine, it's an issue with the latest version of DBM causing this.

I don't use DBM and I get this.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I've also been getting bizarre lag when I first log in, though only on the first account. It stops me very hard two or three times before going away. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

Yeah. However prior to that, I was also getting like 5 seconds of freeze when entering new zones. It sometimes happens but not as frequently as before (I was told its due to CRZ...but it can't be...)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.