Deleted

Going to a low populated for first 2 weeks ?

Im wondering about doing a free transfer thats most likely gonna be offered from very high populated servers like Kazzak (EU) to newbie servers for reasons like avoiding lags and ques and going back to kazzak when raids are about to start,

so pros and cons?
    anyone with this kind of transfer exp?

As far as I know Blizzard has implemented new technology to prevent realms from overcrowding and lags. If there is a lot of people in current zone, some of them will be temporarily moved to another server, this is called "shards" or smth. Not sure about it, hopefully, someone can prove this.
    TL;DR: you don't have to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    As far as I know Blizzard has implemented new technology to prevent realms from overcrowding and lags. If there is a lot of people in current zone, some of them will be temporarily moved to another server, this is called "shards" or smth. Not sure about it, hopefully, someone can prove this.
    TL;DR: you don't have to transfer.
    this has no affect on login queues however, servers like illidan and stormrage will still likely have hour long queues to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    this has no affect on login queues however, servers like illidan and stormrage will still likely have hour long queues to log in.
    Why would it have no effect on login queues?

Login queues exists because the servers are full - if you put your people on shards - your servers are no longer full.

Have fun, when WOD launched I couldn't play on my main (Silvermoon EU) because server was unplayable, so I decided to try out my alt on low pop instead (Moonglade EU). Guess what. It was still unplayable. Massive server lag, stuff not loading, characters moonwalking, instance server crashing and so on.

"Shard" technology means if generally there's a surge of population the server strain reaches everywhere and everything lags. So feel free to transfer for basically barely any better experience.

About login queues, supposedly patch 6.2.4. brought new battle.net structure that doubled the server capacity (one reason why majority of servers went form high to medium and from medium to low overnight). I expect login queue will be less on an issue, however server lag, crashing, "world server is down", phasing bugs and such will be rampant. And there won't be escape from it due to "shard" / CRZ technology applied in those cases.