Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    What's your definition of immortality ?
    Pretty much the same as everyone else's. Just wanted to point out that immortality wasn't an innate trait of the NE, but something that was granted to them via blessing.

Edit : No counter-measure from KJ he wanted to blow the throne to end it , other than that nothing.
    The thing is - we really don't know.

All we know is that Kil'jaeden sent Illidan in W3:TFT to blow up the Frozen Throne, because the Lich King rebelled against him. I don't think it was said whether this was purely an act of vengeance/punishment, or something done due to fear of the LK complicating things in the future.

I'll reiterate my point though - seeing as KJ created LK, it's completely possible that he has intricate knowledge of LK power and thus deviced some sort of way of disrupting his magic or control of the undead.

Deleted
    Bolvar as the lich king has yet to display any combat capabilities; for now all he does is sit on his throne.

What gave the scourge the edge when fighting us was their sheer numbers and the ability to raise our fallen. This advantage is non-existant when fighting the legion; on the contrary the legion can keep spawning, while the scourge has no way to restock their forces when what they fight is not "our kind of alive".

I don't think the scourge would get any further than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    True.
    But, to be honest, it's kinda funny if you look at it now - Mal'Ganis and other dreadlords worrying about dying and not being like "kill me if you want, I will return anyway"

The magic of retcons.
    Well Frostmourne was forged by the Nathrezim, it might have been a fail safe, so that it couldn't properly used it against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    So many people not knowing British Buldog and his LK posts ^^
    My thought exactly ^^ Although he has been on a decent hiatus, think it was months since his last LK post. Still, people should know lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    True.
    But, to be honest, it's kinda funny if you look at it now - Mal'Ganis and other dreadlords worrying about dying and not being like "kill me if you want, I will return anyway"

The magic of retcons.
    the issue was if they were killed they would be out of action for a few years, and would need to be resummoned, something annoying and abit hard to do... so yes dying sucks, you dont play something like overwatch and go "eh just kill me, i will respawn anyways, no need to go get a health pack"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    frostmourne sucks the souls of its victims in.
    arthas killed mal'ganis with frostmourne.
    guess who didnt "die" and showed up again in onlsaught harbor?
    yeah i doudt the nath's would not put a failsafe on frostmourne incase something whent wrong... "ok lets give a weapon, the only weapon that can kill us, and give it to a unstable man who might turn against us!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the issue was if they were killed they would be out of action for a few years, and would need to be resummoned, something annoying and abit hard to do... so yes dying sucks, you dont play something like overwatch and go "eh just kill me, i will respawn anyways, no need to go get a health pack"
    Good point.

Still, Varimathras was pretty much begging Sylvanas for his life and was pretty unhappy when Sylvanas told him to "kill" Detheroc/Balnazzar (can't remember which one it was) At least at the time, it really seemed like Dreadlords were actually afraid to die.

Realistically, I think that was the plan back then - I mean, for Dreadlords to be actually killable on Azeroth, but that was changed due to Blizzard wanting to have them back in WoW. Not that I mind, though

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Come on folks; it's British Bulldog, he's the Jaylocke of headcannon bullcrap.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Good point.

Still, Varimathras was pretty much begging Sylvanas for his life and was pretty unhappy when Sylvanas told him to "kill" Detheroc/Balnazzar (can't remember which one it was) At least at the time, it really seemed like Dreadlords were actually afraid to die.

Realistically, I think that was the plan back then - I mean, for Dreadlords to be actually killable on Azeroth, but that was changed due to Blizzard wanting to have them back in WoW. Not that I mind, though
    also you have to remember that him killing them, they will never trust him again, as he would soon forsake them, and banish them back to the twisting nether
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Well there's always that off-chance that he didn't die previously and was under the impression that this is the end for him.

And even if not, like Chucky (Child's play movies; he preety much dies in every movie) said; "Dying is a bitch"

We dont know if demons can be raised into undeath

but the demons can use light, so pew pew, all undeads die. they had already start to use it when they were scarlet crusade, they only need to improve

What, wearing the Helm of Domination now gives you enhanced strength and mary-sue like powers? I doubt he changed a lot in close combat. I even doubt he would be better than how he was during Wrathgate, sitting in that throne for years not doing anything must have weakened his movement.

Deleted
    Not really...

Firstly the strength of the scourge is in the virtual endless army. Every dead enemy is a new scourge soldier - except that would not happen to demons. Vs the legion that is infinite - eventually they would outnumber the undead.

Secondly, dreadlords can be powerful necromancers - chances are they would take over control of the scourge or even of the LK.

Deleted
    The scourge can't move the mass of its army away from Northrend. Mindless ghouls can't sail ships. There's not enough ships on Azeroth to get enough scourge across the ocean to be relevant since the only strength of the scourge is the numbers.

arthas killed mal'ganis without the helm of dominance and without claiming the throne, so neither of us can say anything until it happens , possibly we will see something during legion.
    really? because uther died under the same circumstances, long before arthas took the helm or the throne, and yet his soul was in frostmourne, when mortals die, their soul either lingers, or moves on to the shadow lands, the realm arthas can use his valkyr to harvest souls from, demons on the other hand don't do that, when they "die" their soul moves to the nether, and they gain a new body identical to the last, which they then use, arthas needs a body and a soul to raise something into undeath, with a few exceptions, he usually has access to both(terenis was cremated, uther's body was interred on ground so pure, it was able to have nature grow normally in the plaguelands, and then there was light hope chapel, which, much like uther's tomb, was holy ground, something arthas desperately wanted to get access to, so he could raise them)

also, on the note of threads like this needing a "push X amount of times to force close" button, it needs to be X amount of UNIQUE isp's(so that people cant make multiple dummy accounts to try and bypass said loophole), and can we get that same feature for permabanning troll shitposters like OP here? please?
    Last edited by Phazeblade; 2016-08-20 at 09:42 AM.

Oh my god the Return of the British bulldog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Can demons even get ressed into undeath? I'm pretty sure that's impossible.
    So quickly we forget undead Mannoroth.

this is a joke right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Sssh.

Listen.

Do you hear that?

It's the sound of a troll feeding over all the attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sssh.

Listen.

Do you hear that?

It's the sound of a troll feeding over all the attention.
    nom nom nom nom nom.