Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Yoggy appeared as a Vrykul Women around Northend I'm sure Zoth could do something similar.
    Ye, I know: Sif and later Sara.

Though I just remember that in Ulduar happening. I can’t remember seeing Sif/Sara outside of Ulduar and then again, even if she was, you wouldn’t recognize Yoggy until you lift that deception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Ye, I know: Sif and later Sara.

Though I just remember that in Ulduar happening. I can’t remember seeing Sif/Sara outside of Ulduar and then again, even if she was, you wouldn’t recognize Yoggy until you lift that deception.
    I maybe wrong about the all over Northrend, prettry sure Storm Peaks while levelling? Ethier way it shows Old Gods can project themselves into the minds of mortals. Theres nothing to stop Zoth for appearing and taunting throughout the south sea or where ever the theoretically expasion plot takes place.

You could even have him as a quest giver trying to drive us mad! Drink 12 Blood of N'Zoth etc

Well if we don't face N'Zoth himself in this expansion it would be lame as with Legion we would already have two expacs which he influened but we don't meet him in. But i agree that he may deserve his own expac.

Deleted
    I maybe wrong about the all over Northrend, prettry sure Storm Peaks while levelling? Ethier way it shows Old Gods can project themselves into the minds of mortals. Theres nothing to stop Zoth for appearing and taunting throughout the south sea or where ever the theoretically expasion plot takes place.

You could even have him as a quest giver trying to drive us mad! Drink 12 Blood of N'Zoth etc
    Nope. According to wowhead no quest includes Sif/Sara, as well as the only NPCs/Objects called Sif/Sara are in Ulduar. Not even during the Thorim quests in Storm Peaks. Though you are right, they could use that for N’zoth.

Some alter ego NPC like Lord Prestor, would be okay but they should use that throughout the expansion. It would be sensible if that hypothetical NPC is even a questgiver who influcences our actions throughout the expansion, though he needs a reason to lead us to fight his forces.

I only think Cthun and Yogg were "minor" bosses in expansions because of what all the direction the game was going in when they were put in. Cthun, VERY early on WoW's life, who knows if they make enough money to keep going etc, so they "had" to use one of their big bosses somewhere. On top of that, they needed a bigger lore figure to be the "main" bad guy because it had to pull people to the game if they only knew a little about WoW.

Yogg sort of got shafted. Yogg did tons to screw up the world and fuck all sorts of things up to the point where he did deserve to be his own boss. The obvious problem is Arthas, probably the biggest known figure of Warcraft, was sitting near him. You couldn't do a northrend expansion without both of them being huge parts and Arthas is just more important to WoW.

Y'Sha was the whole MoP expansion. Every single part of it was directly or indirectly his doing, maybe minus some of ToT stuff. The whole first tier and last tier were all him. Did he have a manifested form? No, but it was all him none the less.

As far as N'zoth goes, he is the most important old god in terms of WoW lore. He caused a whole expansion. We already did a whole expansion on an underling of his. Yes, Deathwing is a pretty big bad ass, but he is still a pawn of N'zoth. If a pawn of N'zoth get his own expansion, why wouldn't he get one himself? Tier X is random bosses/zones based on how Legion finishes, Tier X+1 is Azshara and her Naga horde, Tier X+2 N'zoth in the old god city. If Blizzard can't pull a single tier on their own for an expansion, I don't know what to tell ya.

Honestly, they've been building up N'Zoth for a while now. Considering we suspect he is responsible for the Deathwing, the naga, and possibly the emerald nightmare shenanigans, he would essentially be responsible for most of the biggest threats to Azeroth. Besides Sargeras, who ELSE would deserve to be an expansion end boss?

Sure, we have "killed" C'thun, and Yogg, but you need to remember that they were "imprisoned" by the titans. They have all, to some degree, broken free of these prisons and regained some level of power. It is likely that N'zoth has simply regained more power than the others based on his current level of influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Nope. According to wowhead no quest includes Sif/Sara, as well as the only NPCs/Objects called Sif/Sara are in Ulduar. Not even during the Thorim quests in Storm Peaks. Though you are right, they could use that for N’zoth.

Some alter ego NPC like Lord Prestor, would be okay but they should use that throughout the expansion. It would be sensible if that hypothetical NPC is even a questgiver who influcences our actions throughout the expansion, though he needs a reason to lead us to fight his forces.

Ah well, I remember wrong. Still it shows Old Gods can project themselves so he could appear to us throught the questing appearance even if it's just a 'Voice of N'zoth'.

As I was saying his reason could be to simple whisper and courpt us hence via my suggest of drinking Old God blood. Maybe stoking the flame of faction conflict. Maybe have him tricking us into unlocking titian ruins go unlock a titan weapon but in truth slowly breaking his chains

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Because blizzard is running out of marketable villains. So much they had to make WoD to bring Gul'dan and Archimonde back.

I dont think they will repeat the mistakes made in tbc, where they burned a lot of characters who could have had much bigger roles in the game. They're already killing Guldan and Xavius in legion, possibly Kiljaeden last boss.

Who's left? Troll king, Azshara, Nzoth, Sargeras, and the newly made up void lords.
    Basically this.
    Leaving Azshara and N'Zoth for simple patches would be a waste for potencial expansions.
    They can even put a whole expansion about Zandalar, like they did with Pandaria. After all, its all up for invention.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been building up N'Zoth and the Void for a while now. The whole Light vs Void conflict can easily fill an entire expansion worth of content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

I kinda see 3 outcomes of this expansion.
    1. Legion is the first part of a 2 expansion set. Like Legion is on Azeroth and next expansion is us chasing them to Argus, which makes me think the next expansion is the end of wow.
    2. The Legion kinda doesn't win, but doesn't lose and goes away again.(would really diminish the hype for a future Legion expansion).
    3. The Legion get wrecked bad and not by us.(This one I really hope for)

I think N'zoth will be the finally raid boss of Legion. So far MoP and WoD have had final raids that didnt really fit the theme of the expansion, but the theme of the next expansion.

So if SoO was more WoD and HFC was more Legion, my prediction is the last raid of Legion will be more Old Gods. All the demons in the final raid will be empowered by Shadow and N'zoth will be the final boss. Whatever spell or plot the Legion was planning, N'zoth will turn it into his and cause something really bad. Maybe him possessing the avatar of Sargeras or even summoning a Void Lord(in a weakened state). We obviously win, but the Legion will suffer the most. Maybe their whole chain of command get corrupted by Old Gods.

Also I like to add, that I guessed correctly that Archimonde was the final boss of WoD way before anyone else did.(proof in my threads made) So I'm shooting for 2/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I only think Cthun and Yogg were "minor" bosses in expansions because of what all the direction the game was going in when they were put in. Cthun, VERY early on WoW's life, who knows if they make enough money to keep going etc, so they "had" to use one of their big bosses somewhere. On top of that, they needed a bigger lore figure to be the "main" bad guy because it had to pull people to the game if they only knew a little about WoW.
    None of the Vanilla bosses were big deals (except Kel'Thuzad). Ragnaros, C'Thun, Onyxia, Nefarian, and Hakkar were nobodies invented for WoW.

Yogg-saron never appeared outside of Ulduar.

Loken however appeared as questgiver, Loka'lira the crone => http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lok%27lira_the_Crone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yogg-saron never appeared outside of Ulduar.

Loken however appeared as questgiver, Loka'lira the crone => http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lok%27lira_the_Crone
    Maybe why I got confused? Doesn't matter ethier way N'zoth can project himself so can be present in the world before his raid encounter

Maybe why I got confused? Doesn't matter ethier way N'zoth can project himself so can be present in the world before his raid encounter
    Haven't seen much of N'zoth so far (if those Tentacles in Vashj'ir don't belong to him).

And haven't seen neither Yogg or C'thun doing some kind of Illusions / apparitation shenigans aside from being very close to their lair.

Could the Old Gods do it? Maybe, but it's simply not their style.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    None of the Vanilla bosses were big deals (except Kel'Thuzad). Ragnaros, C'Thun, Onyxia, Nefarian, and Hakkar were nobodies invented for WoW.
    Right, KT was the big name. Hence why he had to be the big boss. Vanilla was a "show everything we got in hopes people like our game" time. They showed elemental lords, dragons, trolls, old gods and scourge. That is literally every single bad thing in the game minus the legion. Of the choices, KT made the most sense to be "ahead" of Cthun because of his name alone and nothing at all to do with power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Right, KT was the big name. Hence why he had to be the big boss. Vanilla was a "show everything we got in hopes people like our game" time. They showed elemental lords, dragons, trolls, old gods and scourge. That is literally every single bad thing in the game minus the legion. Of the choices, KT made the most sense to be "ahead" of Cthun because of his name alone and nothing at all to do with power.
    That "show everything we got" doesn't make any sense. KT was the only thing in Vanilla that was a big deal from the franchise. Everyone else was a nobody that had just been invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    One thing I don't fully understand is why people, when theorizing where the story of Warcraft will take us, it's assumed N'zoth will be his own xpac?

Both C'thun and Yogg-Saron were mid-xpac bosses. Y'shaarj was always only in the background or as an assistant to Garrosh. So we see all the previous examples they were never an entire focus of the story. Particularly Yogg-Saron.*

While he was the primary instigator and power behind Deathwing in Cata, N'zoth was a very minor role overall. "Old Gods" in general was the primary enemy, N'zoth almost never referenced.

While there's a lot of foreshadowing of N'zoth, and arguably has built up even more with Legion, I just don't see anything that even strongly hints at him getting his own xpac. And IMO especially true based on what we know from the Chronicles. The addition of Void Lords and possibility of creation of more Old Gods certainly fixes the issue of N'zoth being final Old God/void enemy. Now he can be killed without that storyline ending.

Do I think N'zoth will be killed in Legion? I think there's a very good chance but I'd still put Helya and Sylvanas/Genn plotline as most likely to be the mid xpac "side story".

*Yogg-Saron is the most interesting and relevant example because it was an xpac created entirely around Arthas. Not the Old Gods. He'd be the most direct example they could fit N'zoth in almost anywhere.
    Mainly because he has been hinted a bunch recently. Building him up to be a huge threat.