Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nice people should rule society!

The nice people should rise up!

Violent thugs have no place in government! They will not advance humanity!

The problem about nice people ruling is that nice people don't like power, because they know that it has been scientifically proven that power makes you not nice. And nice people usually have integrity and morals and aren't willing to become bad for that power. Thus you get people who are already bad in positions of power because they don't care if they do bad things to get that power. I have lots of friends irl who tell me I should run for local representative office. I've always been a follower. Sometimes I wait and hope all the bad people just die off, but it's also the bad irresponsible people reproducing, so yeah, we are fucked.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Nice is often a synonym for complacent, weak, not willing to rock the boat, etc.

Edit: euphemism is a better word since I am referring to a word commonly understood to mean something else socially. Pedants thought I literally meant that the thesaurus would classify those as synonyms
    Last edited by CuchuCachu; 2016-08-15 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shepard.....

OT:
    Nice people would not be able to get to that position.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    The nice people should rise up!
    Nice people should rise up, then you post a clone army.

Merit and logic should rise, not your emotions.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-15 at 06:17 AM.

Problem is to be a leader sometimes you will have to make a decision that has a negative outcome either way. Nice people won't make that decision because they don't want to hurt someone.

Edit - shit I just got "trolled" by commander sheep

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    Nice is often a synonym for complacent, weak, not willing to rock the boat, etc.

I don't see anything close to what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Problem is to be a leader sometimes you will have to make a decision that has a negative outcome either way. Nice people won't make that decision because they don't want to hurt someone.

Edit - shit I just got "trolled" by commander sheep
    Have you ever heard the phrase lead by example? I find that doing what I'm supposed to be doing is much more effective then telling people what to do. It's kinda like raising a teenager and telling them not to drink and smoke and do drugs, yet they did it when they were teens.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-08-15 at 05:11 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post

Have you ever heard the phrase lead by example? I find that doing what I'm supposed to be doing is much more effective then telling people what to do.
    That's great an all- but not really applicable for a nearly infinite amount of leadership positions in the real world.

Have you ever heard the phrase lead by example? I find that doing what I'm supposed to be doing is much more effective then telling people what to do.
    I should have said euphemism. That is closer to what I meant. You're still a pedant if you couldnt interpret that by my choice of word "often" which would just situation-ally (ie not something the dictionary or thesaurus would really cover)

I should have said euphemism. That is closer to what I meant. You're still a pedant if you couldnt interpret that by my choice of word "often" which would just situation-ally (ie not something the dictionary or thesaurus would really cover)

I get what you are saying and there are some words that could fit into complacent or not willing to rock the boat. Obliged for example. I find I'm more willing to go with what other people want to do so I feel I am more easily manipulated than someone who is very direct in what they want.

I just find your choice of words insulting and those words should stand as their own to describe those things. I've never heard nice used disparaging except when used in terms of "nice" guys. Which is a whole other topic of bullying that I don't feel like addressing right now.
    Mistweaver Monk |

I get what you are saying and there are some words that could fit into complacent or not willing to rock the boat. Obliged for example. I find I'm more willing to go with what other people want to do so I feel I am more easily manipulated than someone who is very direct in what they want.

I just find your choice of words insulting and those words should stand as their own to describe those things. I've never heard nice used disparaging except when used in terms of "nice" guys. Which is a whole other topic of bullying that I don't feel like addressing right now.
    My point is that a quality people find nice is agreeableness. Which can often mean being a pushover when it really matters.

Really people should just recognize that if a personality type is not well represented in something there is probably a reason.

My point is that a quality people find nice is agreeableness. Which can often mean being a pushover when it really matters.

Really people should just recognize that if a personality type is not well represented in something there is probably a reason.
    And that reason I described in my first post in this thread. Truly nice people don't generally want positions of power because it's scientifically proven they cause you to do bad things.
    Mistweaver Monk |

The corrupt people tend to be more willing to go to extremes to hold onto their power, whereas the nicer ones are more willing to let it slip to the next guy. In the long term, the power falls into the hands of the people that want it the most, who are, ironically, the people who should have it the least. The real world isn't The Mirror of Erised.

Dumbledore: Only a person who wanted to find the Stone - find it, but not use it - would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

We got nice ppl in power the problem is just all that nice ppl did something stupid in the past and if this ppl dont bow down to the media/political system/big companies they dig that up and start a shitstorm that will cost your job or they pay some maids/hooker/models that claim you attacked/raped her.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Nice people should rise up, then you post a clone army.

Merit and logic rises up, your emotions don't matter.
    You can be nice, while doing what needs to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Did he just lump Bobby Knight and Roger Stone in with ISIS and random black guys whose pants are falling down?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Did he just lump Bobby Knight and Roger Stone in with ISIS and random black guys whose pants are falling down?
    Yes. Yes he did.

Nice people do rule some parts of society, but when in power you have to make decisions, and there will ALWAYS be someone who disagrees with his decision, so to those people he is no longer nice.

Maybe not "nice" people, but we could definitely use more people with compassion. I know there are still a couple out there in the entire population of the planet. Somewhere. Oh, and we definitely need more intelligent people, because society is a fucking moron these days. Especially those we call our "leaders". Like no matter what happens in this year's elections, we're going to end up with a moron for a president. Either a homicidal moron, or a child-like moron.

Nice people would eventually have to deal with the scum.
    And since scum have made the conscious decision to be scum its unlikely they would change.
    So then what?
    The nice people would have to get rid of the scum.
    But nice people would never do such a thing.
    So the scum would get rid of the nice people.
    Then the scum would rule.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Nice people would eventually have to deal with the scum.
    And since scum have made the conscious decision to be scum its unlikely they would change.
    So then what?
    The nice people would have to get rid of the scum.
    But nice people would never do such a thing.
    So the scum would get rid of the nice people.
    Then the scum would rule.
    I sense a prescient allegory!