Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    But... I think the XP bonus still works, even if you are 91+. So you could still use them to AFK in the area.
    Unless they changed it with 7.0 you don't get the XP bonus from low level heirlooms.
    You can easily test it before turning in a quest if you want to, I tested it before the prepatch went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    BTW why do you need enchanted heirlooms? You just need it for bonus exp. Open all your legion chests when you hit 100 and get ilvl 700 gear. Heirlooms only scale to ilvl 605 (or was it 610?)10?
    They scale to 605, but Mists enchants can't be applied to iLvl 600+. It's a convenience thing, otherwise I'd need an 85-99 character to apply the enchants for other lowbies.
    I have equipped my Horde "veteran account" (can play up to 20 while unsubbed) characters and my Horde leveling alts, now just need to equip my Alliance "veteran account" characters.

So that's 10 on one server, plus a new gnome hunter on another.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Leveling in invasions is not FAST.

The fact that you can AFK through them whilst doing other things is what makes it interesting for some people. But it's not fast, at all.
    3-4 lvls or 12+ with pot in 10mins is not fast at all mkay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    But get way more xp killing the mobs that spawn in the city some give over 1k xp and lots of them spawn
    Yes you do, but as I said - I like to do other stuff than leveling. So it's awesome if I can just fly to the area and wait it out while playing something else or watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Yes you do, but as I said - I like to do other stuff than leveling. So it's awesome if I can just fly to the area and wait it out while playing something else or watching a movie.
    So why play the game at all then if you are not going to play it? Why not get the maximum xp one can get while leveling to get it over with quicker? If you are playing other games or watching a movie then do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    So why play the game at all then if you are not going to play it? Why not get the maximum xp one can get while leveling to get it over with quicker? If you are playing other games or watching a movie then do that.
    Do I really need to explain why I don't want to level? I want to get the maximum xp with the least time invested. Can't get much better than afk'ing these invasions. I like playing at max level, but leveling through zones or dungeons I already leveled through 100 times is boring the hell out of me.

Do I really need to explain why I don't want to level? I want to get the maximum xp with the least time invested. Can't get much better than afk'ing these invasions. I like playing at max level, but leveling through zones or dungeons I already leveled through 100 times is boring the hell out of me.
    I just do it to annoy people who try to tell me I'm playing the game wrong (i.e., not their way). :-)

But seriously, I personally haven't had the time to level my alts. If I can get them to 100 (available to play in Legion, or within striking distance) in the next two weeks, great!

Hitting a couple of aoe attacks though would get you the maximum xp though. And thus make it quicker getting you to end game quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Most interesting question is... would this gear scale to ilvl 800+ if I keep these boxes untill I ding 110?
    no. /10chars

Get loom, kill stuff till lvl 15, que for dungeons and run the invasions every four hours. Very fast and efficient.

Deleted
    I think the heirlooms don't work for this at all, do they? I just unequipped my helmet and received 55300 exp for completion of Stage 1. Then I re-equipped it and got 55300 exp for Stage 2. Yes, my helmet is fully upgraded. I guess it just doesn't matter if you have them or not for these invasions.

I think the heirlooms don't work for this at all, do they? I just unequipped my helmet and received 55300 exp for completion of Stage 1. Then I re-equipped it and got 55300 exp for Stage 2. Yes, my helmet is fully upgraded. I guess it just doesn't matter if you have them or not for these invasions.
    They do help. If you are just looking at the text in chat, then you are seeing the normal XP without heirlooms. You need to change your settings in chat (atleast I did) to see the true XP earned (yeah it will show it twice in chat when you add the setting, atleast in my chatter addon). Also, it will pop up on screen in purple text with the actual XP. When I was getting 53500 xp, I was actually getting like 72000 with the perks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post
    They do help. If you are just looking at the text in chat, then you are seeing the normal XP without heirlooms. You need to change your settings in chat (atleast I did) to see the true XP earned (yeah it will show it twice in chat when you add the setting, atleast in my chatter addon). Also, it will pop up on screen in purple text with the actual XP. When I was getting 53500 xp, I was actually getting like 72000 with the perks.
    You're right, I didn't even know that. Thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantrus View Post
    Upgrading the heirloom creates a new one, so enchants are lost.
    No. Categorically wrong.

Upgrading heirloom on one character upgrades them on all, you don't have to create a new heirloom from the menu, current ones in your bags are upgrades as well.

You're right, I didn't even know that. Thanks for clarifying!
    With the raid fishing, I learned how to put loot on its own tab.

Now I'm tweaking two new tabs on all my alts.

Important: achievements, XP, rep, skill ups, various loot, and system messages.

Social: Every kind of chat (except shouts and existing channels), plus achievements.

Still tweaking it (e.g., removed trade skills after sitting next to someone making bronze bars). Not sure what all the options are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If you're 90+, you can get a level every two invasions if you're loomed out. I find the invasions a lot more fun than a seventh trip through Draenor, tbh.
    My lowbies are in the 60's with no 'loom gear and they're getting a level every two invasions. My lowbies in the 30's are 'loomed and are gaining a level every invasion.

Dont understand why people hyped for invasions under lvl 60...I only do the westfall one, rest seems kinda far away for alliance.

Cant really travel much...or do we have flight points discovered on auto

hm...edit: checked and can fly to IF as well...thats dun morogh, westfall and maybe hills rather easy....good for AFKing and doing chores
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-08-15 at 07:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an FYI, the loot from the chests scales when opened. So if you get them at 20 and you open them at 100, they'll be level 100 items. It'll be good for those trying to get their weapons.

Wouldn't a trip to night elf zone put you in fling distance of two Horde zones?

Tanis would require travel to Dustwallow, so I doubt flight paths would exist for lowbies.

As soon as you are 80 you also get the TP to Hyjal and Uldum from Stormwind for easy access to Tanaris/Azshara.