Saturday night — Lochte attends a party
    Sunday morning — First report Lochte had been robbed
    Sunday morning — Lochte’s mother confirms
    Sunday afternoon — Lochte elaborates in interview with NBC
    Tuesday evening — Police question Lochte’s claims
    Wednesday morning — Judge orders Lochte and Feigen to remain in Brazil
    Thursday morning — Gas station owner speaks, video is released

http://www.si.com/olympics/ryan-loch...mming-timeline

So they tried to blame their drunken misbehaviors on some mysterious figure in Rio and thought they could get away with it. Lochte even when as far as taken the story to the national media circuit. I personally think that was a pretty low more of on their part, especially his. He is a grown 30 year old something man that people worried, the IOC apologizing, and even create a (very minor) international incident because he decided to blame his behavior on a mysterious brown man in Rio.

Rio might be shady but the people don't deserve their reputation damaged any further by spoiled man children making up boogeyman stories.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

And here I was thinking this was going to be some silly parody of Hodor.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Something something Olympics something robbery something Zzz...

10+ Year Old Account
    Young people being stupid. News at 11.

The only real news here is that they apparently lied to authorities. That is a crime and going to be a problem.

Wonder if the will have consequences from the IOC or whoever governs these things -- will medals be stripped? (I doubt it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    *snip*
    Let me see if I got this right, inconsequential man makes inconsequential claim that may or may not be true about a one hell of a shady place and people are losing their minds... Ask yourself, what is the media trying to distract you from with this?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Let me see if I got this right, inconsequential man makes inconsequential claim that may or may not be true about a one hell of a shady place and people are losing their minds... Ask yourself, what is the media trying to distract you from with this?
    While everyone was reading this Obama harnessed the Speed Force and took every gun in America.

lol, Lochte being a dick? shocking.

Deleted
    A timeline

Saturday night — Lochte attends a party
    Sunday morning — First report Lochte had been robbed
    Sunday morning — Lochte’s mother confirms
    Sunday afternoon — Lochte elaborates in interview with NBC
    Tuesday evening — Police question Lochte’s claims
    Wednesday morning — Judge orders Lochte and Feigen to remain in Brazil
    Thursday morning — Gas station owner speaks, video is released

http://www.si.com/olympics/ryan-loch...mming-timeline

So they tried to blame their drunken misbehaviors on some mysterious figure in Rio and thought they could get away with it. Lochte even when as far as taken the story to the national media circuit. I personally think that was a pretty low more of on their part, especially his. He is a grown 30 year old something man that people worried, the IOC apologizing, and even create a (very minor) international incident because he decided to blame his behavior on a mysterious brown man in Rio.

Rio might be shady but the people don't deserve their reputation damaged any further by spoiled man children making up boogeyman stories.
    Stop fucking calling everyhting Gate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    A high profile athlete claiming that he was robbed at gunpoint at very high profile international event is hardly inconsequential. Had his claims been true, which they were met as true until the last 24 hours or so, would mean that there were gross security concerns that needed to be addressed.

If a well known figure could be robbed at gunpoint then everyone else would be fucked. Turns out dude cause an uproar because he couldn't handle his liquor.
    False criminal accusations are pretty low.

A high profile athlete claiming that he was robbed at gunpoint at very high profile international event is hardly inconsequential. Had his claims been true, which they were met as true until the last 24 hours or so, would mean that there were gross security concerns that needed to be addressed.

If a well known figure could be robbed at gunpoint then everyone else would be fucked. Turns out dude cause an uproar because he couldn't handle his liquor.
    ^This 100%

Newsflash pacox, this doesnt make Rio or Brazil any less of a shithole. It's still a 3rd world country, and the olympics have been a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Nah, I'm going to call it gate since - gate refers to a controversy/scandal.

Nah, I'm going to call it gate since - gate refers to a controversy/scandal.
    Gate refers to the Watergate Hotel.

I'm guessing he and Hope Solo had a contest between the two on "who can piss off the locals the most."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Newsflash pacox, this doesnt make Rio or Brazil any less of a shithole. It's still a 3rd world country, and the olympics have been a mess.
    Thats really besides the point, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I concur with this.

- - - Updated - - -

So its entitled individual makes an ass of himself... color me shocked.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Young people being stupid. News at 11.

The only real news here is that they apparently lied to authorities. That is a crime and going to be a problem.

Wonder if the will have consequences from the IOC or whoever governs these things -- will medals be stripped? (I doubt it)
    Young people? Lochte is 32....when will the boys will we boys excuse stop applying, after hes on social security?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Gate refers to the Watergate Hotel.
    Websters is wrong?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gate

Doesn't make the term any less stupid or annoying. Just use the words controversy or scandal instead, looks much less like a Tumblr rant that way.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you busted out the dictionary, and upon reading every single definition it would seem that your usage of it is ALSO incorrect as you claim it a 'spoiled man children' may or may not have lied. I see nothing political involved. But hey, if you wanna misuse the word then you cant complain at others that also chose to misuse it.