7+ Year Old Account

How is PvP justified in Legion?

So I haven't played beta. I don't understand the context of the PvP occurring.

This massive ongoing demonic invasion should take priority over all else. Lore-wise, how the fuck is any fighting between Alliance and Horde justified?

the same way it's been justified in the face of every other expansion's existential threat: 'but the guy on the other side is such an asshole though'

Deleted
    Greymane goes all crazy at Sylvanas, doesnt seem to care about the legion

Neither the Horde nor the Alliance has won the Battle for Gilneas yet. It's been going on for 6 years...

Probably the reason why there isn't any new battlegrounds in Legion.

This is actually the first expansion in a long while where the pvp seems very clearly justified by the main plot line.
    As far as the Alliance can tell, the Horde retreated at a critical moment, leaving them for dead, which resulted in the death of their king.
    It is of course mostly a misunderstanding (they had their reasons) but as factions within each faction already dislike the other, it's enough to provide one of the first believable justifications we've had for ongoing tension for ages.

Like, WoD? What was going on there? The Alliance and a Horde just start bickering over an island for no reason?
    Wrath? Again, there was just no reason for fighting at all.

Cata and MoP did at least have Garrosh (and Sylvanas, for Cataclysm) but when Garrosh became an enemy character and then we teamed up to defeat him, it apparently didn't stop the fighting.

That's not how PVP or other content works. It's not related to the lore at all. It's there for the human being playing the game not the character.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    So I haven't played beta. I don't understand the context of the PvP occurring.

This massive ongoing demonic invasion should take priority over all else. Lore-wise, how the fuck is any fighting between Alliance and Horde justified?
    Personally, fuck the Alliance. I never put Lichy McKingsauce, Legion, Some dumb dragon over lighting up some alliance Jabroni. The only good alliance was Muradin tanking the bugged Dun Morogh invasion this morning. Lil nigga handled it like a champ when everyone was uniquely phased.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You don't need Beta. You need to play the Broken Shore scenario, which is live.

Deleted
    Maybe you need that excuse for world PVP, but for BGs and arenas? i could do any of those two against chars of my faction and it would not detract in the slightest the fun of doing them.

Deleted
    I consider it as instanced. Stuck in a certain time period. If you take it too seriously you'll start questioning why you keep having to fight the same battle over and over.