Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's dangerous at any age, same for the risk of psychological side-effects.
    Early pregnancies are more dangerous though:

Teen pregnancy: Medical risks and realities
    Pregnant teens and their unborn babies have unique medical risks.

Lack of prenatal care

Teenage girls who are pregnant -- especially if they don't have support from their parents -- are at risk of not getting adequate prenatal care. Prenatal care is critical, especially in the first months of pregnancy. Prenatal care screens for medical problems in both mother and baby, monitors the baby's growth, and deals quickly with any complications that arise. Prenatal vitamins with folic acid -- ideally taken beforegetting pregnant -- are essential in helping to help prevent certain birth defects, such as neural tube defects.

High blood pressure

Pregnant teens have a higher risk of getting high blood pressure -- called pregnancy-induced hypertension -- than pregnant women in their 20s or 30s. They also have a higher risk of preeclampsia. This is a dangerous medical condition that combines high blood pressure with excess protein in the urine, swelling of a mother's hands and face, and organ damage.

These medical risks affect the pregnant teen, who may need to take medications to control symptoms. But they can also disrupt the unborn baby's growth. And, they can lead to further pregnancy complications such as premature birth.

Premature birth

A full-term pregnancy lasts about 40 weeks. A baby that delivers before 37 weeks is a premature baby, or "preemie." In some cases, premature labor that begins too early in pregnancy can be stopped by medications and bed rest. Other times, the baby has to be delivered early for the health of the mother or infant. The earlier a baby is born, the more risk there is of respiratory, digestive, vision, cognitive, and other problems.

Low-birth-weight baby

Teens are at higher risk of having low-birth-weight babies. Premature babies are more likely to weigh less than they should. In part, that’s because they've had less time in the womb to grow. A low-birth-weight baby weighs only 3.3 to 5.5 pounds (1,500 to 2,500 grams). A very-low-birth-weight baby weighs less than 3.3 pounds. Babies that small may need to be put on a ventilator in a hospital's neonatal care unit for help with breathing after birth.

Postpartum depression

Pregnant teens may be at higher risk of postpartum depression (depression that starts after delivering a baby), according to the CDC. Girls who feel down and sad, either while pregnant or after the birth, should talk openly with their doctors or someone else they trust. Depression can interfere with taking good care of a newborn -- and with healthy teenage development -- but it can be treated.

not much to say other than:

Deleted
    Aye, but to put this in perspective they are at about the same health risks as 40+yo women being pregnant. And another big part of it is the lack of prenatal care because of societal norms making it harder for them to find support.
    Erm... maybe I guess.... I don't think so.
    High blood pressure can be a bitch. It can lead to some serious consequences.
    Post partum depression also being an issue.
    And yes. Lack of support too.
    There's a reason why the ideal age to get pregnant is in your 20's.

Turkey is filled with adults who prefer to have sex with children I guess. Wonder if those children will grow up to want the same or prefer adults?

Deleted
    I'm very well aware, a very close friend of mine recently was pregnant and I talked with her daily during that time. All of those factors were a risk for her too and constantly needed supervision and (emergency) doctor consultations, and I was greatly educated on many of the subjects. It's why I made the statement that it's dangerous at all ages, and why I'm well aware that the 'risks' for a teenage pregnancy are about the same of those for a 40+yo woman. From high blood pressure to the post natal depression. I'm not sure it's an argument to 'forbid' it tho.
    The difference is that as a 40+ years old you're perfectly aware of the consequences, and if you arent it's your choice.
    As a 14 years old or whatever the age of consent is, the idea is that you lack the means to form a meaningful and informed opinion of what's happening.

Deleted
    Fair enough, but that is just an argument for education though, for both the female and the (perhaps older) male partner, as well as increasing the awareness that the male partner would hold a greater responsibility.
    Yeah and also an argument about the fragile mental balance of a young person stepping into the increasingly complex social world (the real one, not the media) and how easy it is to abuse it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am not attracted to younger partners, everyone has their particular taste, I suppose, but what bothers me is imaging situations such as a romantic and happy relationship between say a 14yo and an 21yo and society and government trying to interfere because it's pretending to know better. I simply dislike such 'authoritarian' behavior. I actually know such a case IRL (14yo+21yo), it happened 30 years ago and they're both grandparents of about 3 grandchildren now and recently celebrated being married for 25 years...
    What bothers me more than that is a situation in which a 14 y/o is dating a 18 y/o, they have a passionate night, next day the 14 y/o tells parents about it and about how they are in love with their partner - and the parents sue the 18 y/o. The 18 y/o goes to jail, and the 14 y/o is scarred for life and probably will be very hesitant to go for a relationship ever again. Both persons' lives are destroyed. And why? Because the government believed it was its business what goes in people's private lives.

The government doesn't have any more right to tell people when and with whom to have sex than to tell them what and when to eat. Imagine a society in which the government wouldn't allow people to eat food of their choice before a certain age... Wouldn't that be nice? Now, parents, they can, through their actions, effectively limit children's food, and same way they can effectively limit how much sex and when they have. The government shouldn't interfere in this, I think, regardless of how sex at a young age is viewed by the society.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-08-18 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Every day a news story comes out of that god forsaken country, the more I think that it's headed towards a western confrontation. Its actions with Russia are becoming more aggressive.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2016-08-18 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Dude, what?
    May90 advocating for pedophilia. I've seen worse on Gen-OT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    May90 advocating for pedophilia. I've seen worst on Gen-OT
    If you can't read, then yes, he is.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Every day a news story comes out of that god forsaken country, the more I think that it's headed towards a western confrontation. It's actions with Russia are becoming more aggressive.
    You do know that the story was fake, right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Fair enough, but that is just an argument for education though, for both the female and the (perhaps older) male partner, as well as increasing the awareness that the male partner would hold a greater responsibility.
    Or, how about this, We don't bugger kids and stick to sexually mature adults?

12 may be a bit too young, but quite a lot of European states have their age of consent around 14.

You also have to realize that just because I (and I lot of other people) are alright with the age of consent being lowered (definitely not to the age of twelve though) doesn't mean we're pedophiles. In fact, it almost seems like an ad hominem attack used to silence differing opinions (almost like the words 'racist' 'sexist' 'misogynist' and 'Islamophobic').

I abhor pedophilia, but I personally don't give a fuck if some kids want to have safe, consensual sex with each other. I mean a law is only a piece of paper, just because you lower consent age doesn't mean pedophiles will suddenly creep out of the shadows and go on a mass public, child-rape spree.

Even if you factor in things like pregnancies from minors having sexual intercourse with one another, I mean you have Western Europe, Korea and Japan (countries with relatively liberal ages of consent (12-16) and those countries have pretty low birthrates. Education and resources play a major factor in things such as teen pregnancies and sex.

Well, considering how much they want to mimic a certain someone from the 600s...

Nothing short of disgusting. It's shit like this that is what makes Islam incompatible with the Western world... and why in some places such as swimming areas kids and women aren't safe around them.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-08-18 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Well, considering how much they want to mimic a certain someone from the 600s...

Nothing short of disgusting.
    Ataturk would be rolling in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by grimniruk View Post
    Ataturk would be rolling in his grave.
    Especially after the recent failed coup this is a spit at his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Especially after the recent failed coup this is a spit at his grave.
    You mean the falseflag? It's quite obvious that Secularist Turkey no longer exists.

Should calling it Ottoman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    You also have to realize that just because I (and I lot of other people) are alright with the age of consent being lowered (definitely not to the age of twelve though) doesn't mean we're pedophiles. In fact, it almost seems like an ad hominem attack used to silence differing opinions (almost like the words 'racist' 'sexist' 'misogynist' and 'Islamophobic').
    Yes, it's pretty much like claiming that someone who is against death penalty advocates for crime. Just because I don't think that age of consent as a thing is a lousy concept and there are better alternatives, doesn't mean I drool on underage girls.

Deleted
    There are better alternatives?
    To age of consent?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I agree with exiting the EU over, was the fact turkey is trying to get into it. Don't want to be associated with it thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    There are better alternatives?
    To age of consent?
    yes, not having sex with someone not of age yet.