Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    No, I have not stopped buying games at release.
    I continue to do so because I would like to play them!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

depends entirely on a game. some games I'm too excited for, to wait for a sale. other games - I'm on a fence about, so I wait for reviews from people whose opinions I trust (friends) (or if they have open beta - I try to get into that to see for myself) and then decide if I want to play the game immediately or can wait for it. and then there's games that kinda look good, but I'm not excited enough about for whatever reason, so I just wait for a sale.

addendum: there are very few games that I get excited enough about, to pre-order them, nowadays.

I sometimes wait with buying games till all the DLC is out. This can take a long time, but the experience is often incomplete without it.

Deleted
    I only buy games on release when it comes from developers that still hold a positive balance of Karma for me. Same logic applies to preordering, though of course they have to actually offer something worthwhile to make that at all cost attractive (like when Bioshock Infinite's preorder gave you Xcom for free, or when it involves pricecuts).

If stung enough, the devs will end up on my shit-list though. I'd like to at least think I'm not a blind fanboi.

Depends on the game itself.

I likely never buy a CoD at release or after release. I usually wait 'till it sells for like 15-20 bucks.

Will likely buy Mafia III on day 1 (or first week or whatever) tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy far less games than I used to in general simply because I'm getting more boring with age or something.

But when I do get excited enough about a game to actually play it, I'll generally pick it up on/near release.