Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    1 hour ago
    Maybe they flipped the switch after the preview on Gamescom then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You used up your rested xp, most likely. Still getting insane xp on my alts. Why would they nerf it after publicly announcing they had buffed it? lol

Because it was too much. How are they gonna sell boosts if people get to lvl 100 in a day?

I've been doing them on four lowbies, a level 98, and four 100s (out of 7) who were missing 1-2 slots of gear.

Four hours was barely enough time to do them all on one invasion.

It doesn't matter to me if they have 2 invasions per 4 hours, or 3 per 2 hours. I can only manage one run through per alt, so this a 50% Nerf for me.

I also planned on leveling a level 91, and gearing up a boost 100 (using the boost to play Alliance) and the free DH on that server.

Edit:I wanted to get my lowbies to 60 for flying. One down, one high 50s, two mid to high 40s.
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-08-16 at 06:11 PM.

So this is pretty much looking like you technically can get more xp now but invasions seem to be taking longer (probably due to people realising they can just afk them) and you have to do 3 now meaning it will just take longer to get the xp than before. I wish they would have introduced some incentive to not just afk leach.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    except its not half. i went from 90kish to 24k for a single stage

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Again struck by the "No Fun Allowed" hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone raised this potential issue on Twitter or the official forums? I haven't even been in game to see for myself. 25% of a level at 93 for one invasion is still pretty good though in my opinion, especially since there's now three at a time and they occur more frequently. I still wonder if the XP reduction is an error.

Fuck em, not worth bothering with anymore, it almost made me level characters I don't normally touch but I guess not any more, 50% level per invasion was a good sweet spot but anything below it is worth it is not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    except its not half. i went from 90kish to 24k for a single stage
    It varies for me, seen an 18k and a 56k but most were 34k. Which is a huge step down from an evan 96k per stage. Now add in that its taking 4-5x longer as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    So this is pretty much looking like you technically can get more xp now but invasions seem to be taking longer (probably due to people realising they can just afk them) and you have to do 3 now meaning it will just take longer to get the xp than before. I wish they would have introduced some incentive to not just afk leach.
    And lowbie chars have a LONG travel time between all of them as well. So add another 20-40 mins in traveling time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    But instead of waiting 15 minutes per invasion and travelling between them we could do dungeons instead - which give more EXP after the *nerf*. Invasions are now definitly waaaay less effective.
    can bank gear for 100 though

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gone down from 20k to 6k for my level 41 shaman.

Such a shame, got from 22 to 41 before the nerf today alone >.<

Just did a invasion at level 54, I am on rested XP with BOA's and didn't even get a level.

This is such bullshit.

Went from around 30% XP to 89% and it took about 30mins to do. Now less people will be doing invasions and they will take longer to finish. I had two characters I wanted to get to level 100 (maybe 3 if I was lucky) now its 1 if im lucky.

Spamming dungeons on all roles is now faster and I really don't want to spam dungeons ffs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Actually, now you can make about 33% more XP in an hour with invasions and also get more loot
    Given that I counted a 58% reduction in experince gained, and assuming the average invasion to last 20 minutes:
    - Before, you got 100% from 2 invasions every 4 hours, that's 200% every 4 hours with 40 minutes spent. 3 hours 20 minutes free to level otherwise
    - Now you get 42% from 3 invasions every 2 hours, thats 252% every 4 hours with 120 minutes spent. 2 hours free to level otherwise

While you get a bit more if doing all invasions, you have A LOT less time inbetween them to do dungeons and quests.
    You trade in 1 hour and 20 minutes of time to get 52% (of the buffed exp of a single invasion).

Breaking this down for a 80-85 character, that's getting around 1/3 of a level by giving up more than one hour.
    Now compare this to running dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Again struck by the "No Fun Allowed" hammer.
    Yep, I was looking forward to leveling my alts with the increased invasion spawns and of course Bli$$ard goes and nerfs it. Can't lose that boost revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying this has been boosted really couldn't have been more wrong. You have to remember that people have to travel between each point and not everyone has flying / 280% flying. So this is no longer a good enough way to level except to get a few bars for afking ( which still does not pay off that much now that you have to travel much more)

No Fun Allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...sion_exp_nerf/

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalPinecone
    Before the invasion exp nerf; the following experience rewards were given for a level 87 with heirlooms (the exp ramp scales accordingly).
    Stage 1: 75472
    Stage 2: 75472
    Stage 3: 75472
    Stage 4: 113172
    Total Experience: 339588
    Two Invasions / 4 hours = 679176xp / 4 hours
    After the "nerf":
    Stage 1: 18850
    Stage 2: 37700
    Stage 3: 28275
    Stage 4: 56622
    Total Experience: 141447
    Three Invasions / 2 hours = 424341
    Six Invasions / 4 hours = 848621xp
    If you have the time it isn't exactly a experience nerf.
    TLDR: You get 848621xp per 4 hours; You used to get 679176xp per 4 hours.
    EDIT: To a single character you get more xp; A lot less if you take into consideration Alts
    EDIT: As the quote says, more XP from invasions, but less efficient. If you're AFK leveling, then you win. If you were actively boosting your leveling through dungeons, then you either have to choose XP or gear.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    "Invasion frequency has been increased, and XP awarded for completing an invasion has been reduced." Is what the patch notes said.

Reduced? More like Nerfed to the point of useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    "Invasion frequency has been increased, and XP awarded for completing an invasion has been reduced." Is what the patch notes said.

Reduced? More like Nerfed to the point of useless.
    Not if we are to believe the maths.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    They didn't buff it. They implemented it. At the start there were no XP at all only chests and shards.
    And afterwards, they further buffed the xp.