Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    lol....yeah do math but forget half the equation. You forgot time.

let me explain with numbers i just witnessed on my alt. ( post nerf less people doing them but still use same time table)

before nerf ( for level 90+)= 300k per zone. you did 2 zones. 600k ( pretty much 1 level). 1 zone was 20 min even with hord/allaince trouble. + 5 min travel time. that was about 45 min to do 1 level. ( many people where doing it to boost their alts).
    so 2 zones= 600k for 45 min= 13k xp per min!!!!

post nerf = 100k per zone. you need 6 zones for 600k ( 1 level). 1 zone takes 20 min, 5 times 5 min travel between zones.

so 6x 20 min = 120 min + (5 times 5min)= 145 min for the same xp.

so
    so 2 zones= 600k for 45 min= 13k xp per min!!!!
    so 6 zones= 600k for 145 min= 4k xp per min!!!!

so thats 3 times LESS xp per min for doing invasions.

i know math is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Isn't there a Zeppelin to Northern Stranglethorn though? So it's really quite easy to reach once you can fly over the mountains connecting to Westfall.
    Bit of a pain for alts without flying, although nowhere near as bad as Dun Morogh. Can at least ride the coast straight up to Westfall.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Ye exp/hour is so bad now only reason to do it is if you wanna afk instead of spamming dungeons. It is kinda of a boost in exp if you only did the invasions and nothing inbetween, but for people who did it on 1 character and spammed dungeons when waiting for a new rotation, its a huuge nerf.
    Which is what I am doing currently while reading this thread.

My issues is I was actively rolling three characters through the invasions every 4 hours. I can no longer do that.
    Last edited by Rucktoe; 2016-08-16 at 08:25 PM.

If you were to use real numbers, which you did not, you'd realize we get more XP now than before. Someone on Reddit did the actual maths:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...sion_exp_nerf/

I never said I agreed with the change. But XP did get buffed.
    But instead of 2 Invasions taking me 30mins I now have to run 6 Invasions which takes me between 120-180mins..

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Let's say I boosted my Shaman from 88 to 95 with free experience and I want to continue leveling in Draenor.
    Do I still have to do the annoying intro-quests and the build-up of your Garisson?
    Intro should be skipable by being ported to Draenor, garrison buildup is something you still have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    But instead of 2 Invasions taking me 30mins I now have to run 6 Invasions which takes me between 120-180mins..
    exactly, its only a buff for the people who ONLY did the invasions and nothing in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    And the people fighting are getting 2-3x the amount of nethershards.
    Low levels didn't really go there for the shards, though..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the invasion nerf. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are they making me play the game? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to actually have to level. I want a easy afk'd level 100. I want every class maxed out with no effort. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought we were supposed to afk in the air till 100???? This is so fucked.

Deleted
    back to dungeon spamming for me tho , just not worth the time to go from one place to the other with a low level toon , to recieve at best fully loomed one level in exp will yesterday i made 3 to 4 levels fully loomed .

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When ur trying to make decent time I wouldn't call that easy. Also kinda my point on the travel time being longer now. Until u get flying its a pain in the ass.
    Maybe spend the time playing the game properly since the invasions are clearly designed around people with flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Maybe spend the time playing the game properly since the invasions are clearly designed around people with flying.
    Ummmm no there not and if they was they would only be in zones....YOU CAN ONLY FLY TO.

But hey keep being a fanboy its ok.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What I find irking is that they have the balls to nerf the xp this hard per invasion (yes if you do them all you get kind of more.. but comn... it's ton more work, it's exhausting) yet they have not fixed anything about the scaling bugs, some mobs are 98 and don't scale, some object spawns of the bosses are lvl 100.. and abilities that instantly kills you on any level, zero fing fixes. Do they not understand why people rather afk now? You WILL die during the endboss fight, heck I dare to say that the invasion boss is behaving like it were mythic content, so much stuff literally just kills you instantly. I can't really do a boss fight properly on lower levels, it wasn't really much better at 100 when I tried, everything just does so much dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Which is especially bad for alliance chars, because those don't have acces to Zeppelins connecting Eastern Kingdoms (both north and south) to Kalimdor.

For Horde it's really just Dun Morogh/Tanaris which is hard to reach, for Alliance it's the three Kalimdor Zones (though barrens is ok via boat from Booty Bay) and Hillsbrad.
    For the first, I just hearth in Shrine so I can portal back and forth. On the rogue I've leveled this way it's not too bad since he's 96 atm and can fly. Still takes more time than last week, but I can live with it. For people leveling alts to small to fly yet, this is a huge nerf to leveling speed and probably not worth it, esp since really young characters won't have a lot of the flight points, so they can't even fly from, say, Darnassus to Hyjal to get to the Azshara invasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm no there not and if they was they would only be in zones....YOU CAN ONLY FLY TO.

But hey keep being a fanboy its ok.
    Actually, they kind of are designed around flying. More to the point, if you're a low level you will find it hard to run to some of the invasions since you'll be going through zones with mobs that are much higher level than you are and it's ever worse if you don't have all of the flight points (which you won't if you are a low level alt).

Fun was detected, fun was fixed

Really, the passive xp should have been nerfed, but more of it moved to actively participating. A bunch of people afk in a zone impacts performance for people who actually want to play the content, and honestly, there shouldn't be massive xp gains for sitting in a zone afk. Anyone thinking objectively could see that is clearly not intended game play.

The other thing this really brings to light is the need to revisit Horde and Alliance flight paths. No one should need to go more than one zone without a flightpath, even in "enemy" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Actually, they kind of are designed around flying. More to the point, if you're a low level you will find it hard to run to some of the invasions since you'll be going through zones with mobs that are much higher level than you are and it's ever worse if you don't have all of the flight points (which you won't if you are a low level alt).
    You can get all the FP's even on a low level alt, its a pain but can be done. Did it on both my goblin and my paladin.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    But also assuming for calculations sake, it took 15 minutes to do one, that means I could do 16 invasions in 4 hours across all my characters (or level 8 characters). I can still only do 16 invasions every 4 hours across all my characters. Net: HUGE xp nerf.

for people that say it's still the same xp.

just imagine if you were still getting the same amount of loot boxes even though you are doing 3x as many invasions.

it's shit.

Lucky i got my done in time. All alts 100 and ready for legion class hall milking before that gets nerfed too