Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I think it's to represent time passing and her getting over the things which held her back when Arthas was alive. She hasn't really had any goals but to kill Arthas since her resurrection... her entire story has put her in a state of confusion between LK and the current world. Her dialogue during ICC explains a lot. Blizzard has said the same. They haven't touched her in a while so there's definitely a lot we've missed that she's been through. Let it play out. Wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    I think it's to represent time passing and her getting over the things which held her back when Arthas was alive. She hasn't really had any goals but to kill Arthas since her resurrection... her entire story has put her in a state of confusion between LK and the current world. Her dialogue during ICC explains a lot.[/URL] Blizzard has said the same. They haven't touched her in a while so there's definitely a lot we've missed that she's been through. Let it play out. Wait and see what happens.

She got quite a few developments after WoLK. One short story, the whole Cataclysm quest line and some appearance in War Crime.

Her current personal goal is quite clear: Fortify the forsaken territory in EK and find a permanent way to solve the reproduction of FSK.

The real interesting question is what she will do as leader of the horde. The pre-event cutscene is awesome and I really hope Blizzard keeps up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    She's basically abusing her power to find a way to become immortal. She's mortally (huhu) scared of death.

Are you sure? Cause it's still not clear to me. What did I miss?

And apparently fear of death is not allowed in WOW, fearing death makes you a bad guy or what?

Frankly I'm kinda tired of characters who just can't wait to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. A character who fears death is a fresh change.

How is she still not a bitch? She does things to protect her people. During Wrath that was specifically the Forsaken, doing whatever was necessary to protect them and kill Arthas. After that she became more stable in the horde, lending her forces where needed while still trying to her people thriving. She even showed that when Garrosh told her to stop using the Vrykul by stating "...I serve the horde." She is now Warchief and has that many more people to keep safe. Being put front and center also keeps her in check, as she is more easily scrutinized and not left to her own devices. She will still have her own agendas and petty fights, but she has had to, and wil continue to have to, put those aside for the betterment of the people. Let's face it, without the Horde, the forsaken are on their own and enemies of all. She's now not some goody two-shoes, she just has to watch her step more or risk the same split that happened with Garrosh.

She still is. The way she talks to the PC after broken shore is really needlessly bitchy unless there's something I missed. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    she plottin fam

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im an asshole pretty much all of the time but I'm not, and I'm quoting someone here, 100% a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Are you sure? Cause it's still not clear to me. What did I miss?

And apparently fear of death is not allowed in WOW, fearing death makes you a bad guy or what?

Frankly I'm kinda tired of characters who just can't wait to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. A character who fears death is a fresh change.
    From the Legion character info (no spoilers):

The Forsaken's ruthless leader is a formidable champion of her people. But with the Burning Legion's invasion, the stakes for the Dark Lady have never been higher. Should Sylvanas perish, her demise will be the beginning of her eternal damnation. All that stand between her and this doom are her Val'kyr, yet few of these spirit guardians remain. As her fate edges closer to the abyss, Sylvanas must decide how far she'll go to protect her people… and whether they're more precious to her than her soul.

Deleted
    She is still a bitch and is using the Horde for her own selfish reasons. She doesnt care about the Horde. For the Forsaken.
    Last edited by mmocbc46950676; 2016-08-26 at 03:46 PM.

She is still as bitchy as she was before, all you have to do is read her texts. She more or less bullies the player once they return from the broken shore.

She's been looking for a way to secure her people's place in the world and just got given the perfect opportunity to do so, as long as she's smarter about it than Garrosh.

I still wanna see a Windrunner trio reunion, and Varimathas as patch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has changed about her, her only mission she ever had since her return from icc with the valkyr has been simply been "survive at any cost",she knows whats waiting for her on the other side, honor and pride means nothing to someone who doesn't want to die. But maybe she found another mission....we will see.

Deleted
    Dark Lady, watch over us .

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Specifically, Sylvanas' "advisor" Varimathras.

I can't remember, was he in the Broken Shore scenario? Would be interesting to see his return.
    Isnt Varimathras a DH follower in the class order hall?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of character changes I don't like,

Sylvanas is one of them, the fact they are even hinting at a love interest between her and Nathanos Blightcaller is just dumb
    Turning Thrall into Green Jesus
    Turning Jaina into a angsty emo girl that defies her previous character
    Tyrande has went fron strong hot headed women to damsel in distress
    Did Vol'Jin even have a character trait?
    Baine has no character(oh yea being the son of a better Chieftain)
    Those Blood Elf leaders whose names I cannot remember (Yea so uninteresting I cannot remember their names)

the only interesting characters they have developed are the Dwarf leaders, Absolutely love Moira, Kurdran, Falstad, Muradin , Brann and Magni. the stories and short stories around them as little as there have been have been more interesting and more developed than any of those previous.

Some of those characters mentioned were so cool in Warcraft 3 too
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-26 at 05:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Just in real life, people should stop seeing things one-dimensional.

Sylvanas' story is completely fine so far, even now her acting like that is nothing "unnatural".
    Vol'jin even explains why he chose her (even though in an ominous way). She will most likely play an important role in the things to come.

Deleted
    Her personality hasnt changed, did you not talk to her after the Broken Shore quests? Still unfriendly, still pretty "bitchy" in her tone. It's just that she seems to finally step up a bit.

I'm not a fan of Sylvanas, but her Character progression does not seem unnatural. Lets hope she demonstrates some proper leading this time unlike during Wrath...