Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whirling Dragon Punch animation meh?

I recently got my monk to 100 and really like the 100 talent whirling dragon punch, but I feel that not enough effort has gone into the animation of the skill and could be soo much better. Do you whirl around? Yes. Do you see a punch? Kind of (mini fist of fury). Do you see a dragon? Nope. Maybe rename it? Whirling Jump Fist? Spinning Jump Fist? Something lame to suite the animation. Heck reuse the serpent from flying serpent kick and change it a bit. Just my opinion.

Yesterday I looted lv47 green leather pants and they have this little ornament on the side and I really don't like the brown shade of it, it should have more properties of red and a little less green. Can't they change that? Thought I'd share that opinion.

I think the animation is pretty cool. I like it.

And it will always be Hurricane Strike to me. No matter what they call it, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    when you do spinning crane kick do you see a crane? when you do rising sun kick do you see a sun? when you use blackout kick is it black? not every ability needs to be litteral, they are names
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I thought it was cooler in alpha when it was the dragon kick but w.e still pretty similar.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    when you do spinning crane kick do you see a crane? when you do rising sun kick do you see a sun? when you use blackout kick is it black? not every ability needs to be litteral, they are names
    I just imagined Monk with all of those effects and it's better. You've depressed me.

Spinning Crane Kick you see feathers, it was originally red because chi'ji was red but seeing a lot of feathers flying out and the red color made it look pretty bloody and was changed.

Rising Sun Kick is a back flip kick with a red streak, the streak represents the sun.
    Blackout kick is actually black.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I just imagined Monk with all of those effects and it's better. You've depressed me.
    blackout kick makes the screen go black
    rising sun kick makes the sun rise
    crane kick makes you kick cranes into your enemies
    tiger palm makes you hit your enemies with tiger coloured palm trees,
    keg smash gets you a party foul
    soothing mist is illegal
    breath of fire gives you cancer
    fortifying brew is for men who cant get it up
    spear hand strike causes you to cut off your hand, and replace it with a spear GO SHATTERED HAND CLAN!
    paralysis makes you a horrible person, and makes you spend 200g on buyying your target a wheel chair...
    purifying brew can be shared in a punch bowl with all your cult friends to ascend to heaven!
    eye of the tiger plays the song in the background
    tigers lust makes you a sexual predator
    black ox brew gets you questioned why it isnt "ox brew" why do you have to bring colour into this?
    special delivery gives you a riptire
    why is it called flying serpent kick? it should be hovering serpent head kick
    elusive dance earns you gold if you do it on a mailbox
    invoke chi-ji the red crane gets you annoyed stares as he just wants to sleep
    lifecyles is what you want to set your whites to if you dont want them to shrink
    SERENITY NOW!!!
    xuen the white tiger actually looks more blue then white....
    dizzying kick... well... maybe you should practice and cut down on the cheese burgers if kicking makes you dizzy....
    also touch of death... is this jojo or saitama?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solial View Post
    Spinning Crane Kick you see feathers, it was originally red because chi'ji was red but seeing a lot of feathers flying out and the red color made it look pretty bloody and was changed.

Rising Sun Kick is a back flip kick with a red streak, the streak represents the sun.
    Blackout kick is actually black.
    does it make you or your opponent black out?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-17 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I was not underwhelmed and think it has a great animation. Compared to many other animations both within and outside of the monk class, I think its above average. My two cents, nothing more.

I just wish you could move during the animation.

WAIT.

Glyph of [Consecutive Normal Punches]

https://fat.gfycat.com/Kaleidoscopic...askajingle.mp4

Need to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yesterday I looted lv47 green leather pants and they have this little ornament on the side and I really don't like the brown shade of it, it should have more properties of red and a little less green. Can't they change that? Thought I'd share that opinion.
    XD

@ topic
    I love WDP animation.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I just see this
    Yep. Chi Burst was already "Hadoken" so now they have "Shoryuken" too. God I miss Street Fighter II

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love if it was the Shoryuken animation. It would be amazing. I still think the current animation is good though, I'd just want it to let us move while doing the animation.

Doesn't change the fact that literally all of the Windwalker Monk abilities have meh animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that literally all of the Windwalker Monk abilities have meh animations.
    Dial it back a bit, I don't think that's true. Fists of Fury is still intensely satisfying to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    Dial it back a bit, I don't think that's true. Fists of Fury is still intensely satisfying to cast.
    Even then it's still underwhelming, isn't it? Sure it's a "cool" looking ability but it's still very unimpressive. Same goes with literally every other kick or jab or whatever - sure, you can't make them as awesome as spells but you can make them a bit more "impressive". Have you seen our artifact skill? Looks awful (you can hardly reckognize the animation).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Even then it's still underwhelming, isn't it? Sure it's a "cool" looking ability but it's still very unimpressive. Same goes with literally every other kick or jab or whatever - sure, you can't make them as awesome as spells but you can make them a bit more "impressive". Have you seen our artifact skill? Looks awful (you can hardly reckognize the animation).
    Seems to me you put a lot of weight into the effects/particles moreso than the animation of your character itself. I enjoy most of the animations because I just enjoy the physical-aspect of fist-fighting classes like the Monk. Throwing rapid punches and doing roundhouse kicks is what I came for; anything else on top of that is just extra icing. If anything, putting too many effects on the abilities will only overpower that physical-aspect that's the whole point of the class.

This is also why I don't really mind the WW artifact ability but can also agree WDP is a tad underwhelming. The artifact ability's wind effects aren't terribly noticeable, but I like the two-hit, high-low animation the character does, and WDP always bothered me because of how stiff your character looks during the animation; the green effects in WDP's case just barely save it from looking outright embarrassing to me.

You're absolutely right, we're playing Monks and our animations do fit the Monk philosophy quite well. Nevertheless, as I said, many animations are just a bit boring. They could simply be better - just imagine SEF or Crosswinds (trait), those look amazing. And things like Chi Orbit or Lightning look quite good as well. But our main repertoir is just a bit... underwhelming, as I said.