Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Funny, all of those abilities that you list as being interesting just make me feel like I'm playing a poor man's Shaman. I like the pure martial arts aesthetic with most of the other abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Funny, all of those abilities that you list as being interesting just make me feel like I'm playing a poor man's Shaman. I like the pure martial arts aesthetic with most of the other abilities.
    I felt that way until recently.

I just started imagining I'm playing Rashid from SFV, and everything fit into place.

Sorry but the Monk animations are bar none the best in the game, nothing even remotely comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    I just wish you could move during the animation.
    Yes this might be my only concern about it.

I'm fine with it's animation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I just see this

Shoryuken literally means Rising Dragon Punch in Japanese.

I actually really like the animation, EXCEPT it locks you in place. Why would they do this after they finally made fist of fury channel while moving??

7+ Year Old Account
    TBH I doesn't really bother me that the animation of WDP locks you in place. But then I also never perceived channeling FoF without moving as a huge issue. Sure, you couldn't just hit FoF whenever you felt like it, but most of the time movement due to boss movement/mechanics is predictable enough to allow you to squeeze in FoF without delaying it too much or needing to move. I rather see that as a really small thing to show your skill: know when to use or not to use WDP (or in the past, FoF).

But I can totally understand why others might not feel the same way about this. I feel the same about Gift of the Ox for example (I hate it, others love it).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Everything about WW is meh since 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreamfiller View Post
    I felt that way until recently.

I just started imagining I'm playing Rashid from SFV, and everything fit into place.
    Yeah that's the kind of mentality I go in as well when playing it. Literally feel like a street fighter character.
    Can't help myself but say Hadoken ! when using Chi Burst, or Shoryuken ! when using WDP.

Even SCK is basically Tatsumaki ^^

I think the animation itself is pretty cool, though, I would love to be able to cast it on the move as it doesn't match the rest of our playstyle having to stand still for the tiny duration it has.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually like that it stops you, casts and pushes you up into the air. It feels like it has weight to it, unlike most skills. I honestly wish more abilities did this, because I always LOVE to push the button and watch my Pandaren uppercut into the sky.