Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On the plus side, this content drought enabled me to level 1 of each class to 100, on the Horde side... Now i'm just gearing them all up to as close to iLvl 700 as possible.

Also, for the expansion/development time amount and stuff... I have no clue how their team architecture works, but they should really have 1 FULL team of devs on the next expansion, and 1 FULL team of devs on the current expansion. Would get expensive, but it would (more than likely) assure that the game is never in another content drought.
    Last edited by adondriel; 2016-08-18 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Legion definitely is the expansion of "Hey, remember X? You liked X right?"

Hey, remember the Legion? They were cool, right? They're BACK.

Hey, remember Magni Bronzebeard? He's BACK.

Hey, remember Ulduar and Brann and Algalon? Yeah we'll put them in here again, too.

Hey, remember Karazhan? That ROCKED. Well it's back too!

And I'm fine with it. I'm glad they are actually embracing what people liked or what worked before, and getting more mileage out of it. It's just funny when you really start looking at it. "Greatest Hits" style. I wonder how long they can ride on this stuff.
    It also makes sense from a general story telling perspective. These were seats of great power, that hold great knowledge, , you don't usually visit places that like once and call it a day.

It is also really hard to imagine a world that just keeps expanding with all these new more powerful places around each corner. You have to revisit places, ideas and seats of power. How long have we on earth been trying to figure out the ancient places we've unearthed?

And with the return of the Legion you kind of have to hit these locations, because they are all relevant to the Titan storyline. Kind of surprised we didn't do an Uldum revisit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to welcome all new people to fucking old content we've done before

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    It also makes sense from a general story telling perspective. These were seats of great power, that hold great knowledge, , you don't usually visit places that like once and call it a day.

It is also really hard to imagine a world that just keeps expanding with all these new more powerful places around each corner. You have to revisit places, ideas and seats of power. How long have we on earth been trying to figure out the ancient places we've unearthed?

And with the return of the Legion you kind of have to hit these locations, because they are all relevant to the Titan storyline. Kind of surprised we didn't do an Uldum revisit.
    I'm really hype for the Titan storyline, I think that is one of the single-handedly best story arcs WoW has going for it, because Titans are all a mystery to most players, along with the theory that the final xpack's final boss will be a titan, and once we kill it the game ends, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Content droughts don't crop up at the beginning of expansions, they crop up at the end...

Cataclysm had three raids out the gate with a bunch of challenging heroic dungeons, which was then followed up by the two troll heroics and then firelands shortly afterwards. But then Dragon Soul slogged on forever.

Mists of Pandaria started with three raids as well and had a bunch of daily quest activities to do, followed by a massive Throne of Thunder patch with even more dailies. And then the patch that was just the barrens event and Siege of Orgrimmar dragged on forever.

Far be it from me to tell Blizzard how to plan their content, but I'd think it'd always do them well to err on the side of delaying the initial content patches after launch (especially because they can hotfix in balance changes now) to help meter out the inevitable content droughts at the end of the expansion.

The perfect example is Ulduar. Ulduar was only out for 14 weeks when ToC was released. Not only did lots of people not get to progress adequately in Ulduar, but that truncated amount of time both extended the amount of time we were in TOC AND in ICC. Now, luckily, ICC was a well recieved raid and everyone loved the Lich king, but the point still stands.
    First, the first raids slogged on forever, we got 2 rehashed 5 mans as a patch and then finally another 4-5 months later we finally got a new raid (firelands) that launched with........7 bosses. Then eventually we got the shithole that was DS. Raid wise Cata was severely lacking not just raid content but good raid content. Cata started off well but after months of the first tier all we got was 2 shitty 5 mans mans and then months after that we got a medium size raid with only 7 bosses. Cata sucked complete ass. The only thing good about Cata was the questing and when it finally ended.

Quote Originally Posted by adondriel View Post
    I'm really hype for the Titan storyline, I think that is one of the single-handedly best story arcs WoW has going for it, because Titans are all a mystery to most players, along with the theory that the final xpack's final boss will be a titan, and once we kill it the game ends, basically.
    Interesting. I always figured if they ended it, it will end with Azeroth waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I would like to welcome all new people to fucking old content we've done before
    It's not "old" It will be different in such a way that it will feel new and that "old content" was done 9 years ago. NINE!
    "OLD CONTENT" GIVE ME A BREAK, LOL

Beta keys? The expansion is coming out in less than 2 weeks and you're giving out Beta keys??? /smh

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I see all the negative nancy's are all out in full force again.
    Can't you people just be happy for once, it actually looks pretty decent.
    Kara is one of my favorite raids of all time, I am very much looking forward stepping into that place again (not as a tank this time).

Plus imagine doing this place on mythic mode with the new keystone system! /Homer Simpson style drool noise*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Legion definitely is the expansion of "Hey, remember X? You liked X right?"

Hey, remember the Legion? They were cool, right? They're BACK.

Hey, remember Magni Bronzebeard? He's BACK.

Hey, remember Ulduar and Brann and Algalon? Yeah we'll put them in here again, too.

Hey, remember Karazhan? That ROCKED. Well it's back too!

And I'm fine with it. I'm glad they are actually embracing what people liked or what worked before, and getting more mileage out of it. It's just funny when you really start looking at it. "Greatest Hits" style. I wonder how long they can ride on this stuff.
    Also: Gul'Dan, Illidan, Lich King (Bolvar, but still) & the Ebon Blade and new druid lore, among other things.
    But it's cool, it gives a sense of unity and link the stories together, rather than never looking back to places/people you went/knew.

Deleted
    Thank god they're keeping the old karazhan raid instead of simply replacing it, I was a bit worried...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be an incredibly long instance :/

Hope they stick with/ improve the haunted mansion theme.

Glad to see this. Karazhan is much cooler when it's not hocking hearthstone expansions.

I see a lot of folks saying Blizzard said there "would be no content droughts" previously. Is this true and can we have a source?

In response to the news, fine, I will take you back Blizzard, only because I have no self esteem. DO NOT break my heart again.

My dreams of a new Kara 10m are shattered but still happy to see them finally expanding on it!

Quote Originally Posted by aethermachine View Post
    I see a lot of folks saying Blizzard said there "would be no content droughts" previously. Is this true and can we have a source?

In response to the news, fine, I will take you back Blizzard, only because I have no self esteem. DO NOT break my heart again.
    They literally say it every single year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glyngaris View Post
    I hate when subhuman shitstains push this narrative. Nobody ever asked for faster expansions. They asked for blizzard to put out content on a reasonable basis instead of making us wait 10+ months for every major patch. Blizzard took this as an excuse to spin the "players want faster expansions" narrative that you are gobbling up like a pig. I'm sure believing those lies makes you feel superior to the imaginary "faster expansion sheep" that you pretend exist, so keep on doing that if it gives you a reason to live.
    I was the one who asked for faster expansions. I am Spartacus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    They literally say it every single year. lol
    I can't find anything on Google that backs that up, I gotta say I don't believe you. Waiting to be proven wrong. First one gets a free date with me.

i'm still hoping they update silvermoon and exodar starting areas at some point

Quote Originally Posted by aethermachine View Post
    I can't find anything on Google that backs that up, I gotta say I don't believe you. Waiting to be proven wrong. First one gets a free date with me.
    Real quick article I found from 2013. It is true, for a couple expansions now they have said they want to put out content faster because of the end of expansion content wasteland. So far they have not really made much progress.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/50...e-next-already
    "Old WoW was when the game was bad yet good. New WoW is when the game is good yet bad." -Destil

[QUOTE=Eleccybubb;41943919]
    Quote Originally Posted by ace54858 View Post

I don't care whether it is mythic only or not. I just asked the poster for evidence which ofc there is none.
    i was agreeing with ya like how is the one who said it will only be mystic only when it's not even on the ptr yet. i do know blizz made an achviement that has to be done on mystic and if i rember right it either give's a title or a mount as well i think if blizz is going to pull stuff like that they need to put mystic in the lfg as people can be way to picky as they always want some high ilvl when it's not even needed to be that high to even run them.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=musicallittle1;41944514]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I was just going off of some comment made by Slootbag on Twitch, someone else posted it here and since Suramar is the same I assume it is true.
    not sure i would belive it i know on beta right now there is only Court of Stars that is mystic only out of the 10 dungons that are listed. there is no Suramar other then the Zone which is for lvl 110 but there is a city there that my guess will be a raid.