Poll: Which Warchief best represents your Horde?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Who is your favorite Warchief?

So, which Warchief best represents your vision for the Horde?

I left out Doomhammer, didn't feel he added much (though the same could be said for Vol'jin...)

As a proud alliance player, i think garrosh represents the horde perfectly.

Thrall. Now when are they going to stop this rotating Warchief crap, and get back to Thrall?

I can't take anyone seriously with the pot head, ya mon Jamaican crap.

Sylvanas

Thrall was a tool.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blackhand and Gul'dan are assholes. Cool assholes, but still assholes.
    Thrall was alright, I really enjoyed that 'old' horde feel, but he wasn't all that interesting.
    I liked Garry, I really did. But he was a dick to his own allies, which ended up being his mortal flaw.
    Vol'jin was the most useless sack of shit ever to sit in that throne. Glad he's gone.
    As for dear ol' Sylvie... well we shall see.

For now though, probably Garry. Despite his flaws I really loved the 'war machine' feel he brought to the horde.

Thrall when he was a real orc. Not green Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Warchief is best Warchief.

While I don't like Thrall being Green Jesus / Mary Sue, I fully support him as a Warchief of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you see, I think I've understood Vol'jin's vote. He was the pet of Bwonsamdi, and she wanted more spirits, who do you pick? The Queen of the Banshee's, on the side of Garrosh, she has had the 2nd highest kill count within our Horde. Not pointing at Blackhand, nor Gul'dan, due to them not being of the same current.

So, Vol'jin for picking Sylvanas, haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Still waiting for warchief saurfang.

From a WoW perspective Warchief Thrall from pre-Cata also had a good feeling to it.
    Garrosh went full Hitler but I still enjoyed his story. Can't say that he was a "good" Warchief though
    Vol'jin told me that I was the General and Died.
    Sylvannas has just been given the role so we'll see how she does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Still waiting for warchief saurfang.
    Well I'd argue we have Warlord? Saurfang at this point since he seems to be in charge of Orgrimmar

how fucking dare you OP, you snubing the one true Warchief like that.

The poll is incredibly biased.

Thrall was neither Honorable nor Wise. He used the power of the Elements in a Mak'Gora, which counts as cheating. And he was the one who appointed an inexperienced xenophobe to be the Warchief.

Garrosh was not strong. He just made decisions that quite frankly went against everyone's ideals and decided to use a weapon of mass destruction on innocent civilians.

How is Sylvanas vengeful? Sure she got her revenge against the Lich King, but I feel like it might be justified considering what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Thrall til they made him incompetent.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Doomhammer, no poll, such a waste.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall imo.

He was strong and wise. The ideal leader, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, pre Cata. I don't know that the current incarnation would be a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that I don't follow the lore at all outside of what I see in the game with quests and cut scenes, so my knowledge is limited.

Thrall was probably the most appropriate, but he's an incredibly boring character and the last few expansions he's just felt like a series of literary tropes.

So I vote Vol'jin just because <3 trolls <3
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thrall, but I haven't liked him since he dropped the Warchief position and did his "I'm off to save the world" stuff. I felt like he was a good balance. He wasn't stupid and wasn't a warmonger, but he didn't take shit either. He was also pretty well liked by most and held things together pretty well.

My thoughts on others:

Blackhand wasn't even a real Warchief. He was just Gul'dan's puppet. He honestly believed he was in charge, but Gul'dan was the one actually pulling strings. It's hard to even count Blackhand here. As far as Gul'dan himself, he didn't give a shit about the Horde. It was just a tool to gain personal power as far as he was concerned. He knew full well that he was trading his people into slavery to gain favor with Kil'jaeden, and he was perfectly fine with that.

Overall, Doomhammer didn't do a bad job. He got the trolls to join him and gave the Alliance a hell of a run to the point where he was about to take Capital City. Things kinda fell apart for him at the end, but that wasn't all on him (Gul'dan's betrayal really hurt him and cut the Horde's forces in half at a very crucial moment). iirc, the Horde came closer to crushing the Alliance when Doomhammer was Warchief than at any other point. I'm not sure how you can say he "didn't add much" considering all the above.

Garrosh was too hotheaded and reckless to be Warchief. Doesn't make much sense to me that Thrall would leave someone like Garrosh in charge of the Horde, even after his most trusted advisors warned him that it was a bad idea. He did reasonably well at first, but I guess the power went to his head. He pissed off too many people, and that finally reached the boiling point by MoP. As we saw, it didn't end well.

Vol'jin.....I think he's a cool character, but he didn't do anything worthwhile during his time as Warchief. The best thing I can say about him is that he managed to not utterly fuck things up during that short time. Otherwise, he was just.....kind of there, maintaining things, and he didn't do anything interesting. To be fair, he probably had a lot to deal with as far as picking up the pieces after Garrosh, but still.

Sylvanas has been pretty successful as a leader to the Forsaken, so she has that going for her. How well she'll do in charge of the entire Horde remains to be seen. I'll be interested to see how well she's liked by the other Horde races. It's way too early for people to be giving her votes on this poll, IMO.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-21 at 07:07 PM.