Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dalaran pre event -3 minutes?

I I saw someone say that the quest to Dalaran above Kara took three minutes. I've been putting it off to the weekend because I have 8 (so far) 100s, and figured it was an hour long quest chain.

I'm assuming it was an exaggeration, but if it's of that order of magnitude, I will probably do them all tonight.

It's also my understanding that this is the last pre event quest?

It takes a lot longer than 3 minutes, although there isn't much action.
    You spend a lot of time following people around while they talk to you (though apparently the voice acting is bugged, so you have to just read it, lol), much longer than 3 minutes of just that.

It isn't an hour long either though. Maybe 20ish minutes? I didn't time it.

It also isn't the final quest in the chain, there should be an extension next week, but it is most of the material, I believe.

It's around 15-20 minutes, at most. It's definitely not 8 minutes.

Deleted
    There's also another stage we've yet to see on Live servers.

It's fairly "meh". You follow khadgar around for a bit and then end up back in Dalaran where the legion is attacking it but you can't do anything to help because....well...they keep spawning and you literally get nothing out of it. Probably where we pick up next week. Hopefully more entertaining then the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You spend a lot of time following people around while they talk to you (though apparently the voice acting is bugged, so you have to just read it, lol), much longer than 3 minutes of just that.

It also isn't the final quest in the chain, there should be an extension next week, but it is most of the material, I believe.
    Oh so it's a legit bug? I was SUPER disappointed with the lack of voice acting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Oh my god here's me thinking they were just being lazy and not voice acting something that would've been great to hear done ._.

Too bad I've already done it on all my characters xD

about 5 minutes maybe if you skip all the VA and dont read the quest, its 3-4 small fights, take two portals ...done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Oh my god here's me thinking they were just being lazy and not voice acting something that would've been great to hear done ._.

Too bad I've already done it on all my characters xD
    you can do it on the ptr

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should take about 15-20 minutes per character.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

This sounds about right. It is a fair bit of running around and the khara stuff takes longer than 3 minutes just with the chatting/lore stuff going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    From everything I have read, the voiceovers are working in EU but not working in NA. So if you are lucky enough to be in Europe, you're hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I've been putting it off to the weekend because I have 8 (so far) 100s, and figured it was an hour long quest chain.
    You know that you only have to complete it once?
    Once you've done the full quest line on one character (which isn't possible now of couse) all of your characters get the option to skip it and teleport directly to Dalaran.

Deleted
    Then you have heard wrong, good sir, we do not have voice acting either.

Deleted
    EU here, voice acting was working for me

Quote Originally Posted by hydramez View Post
    EU here, voice acting was working for me
    Hmm odd when I did it on Alliance EU these two scenarios didn't have voice acting. :s

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    even it if was 3 min long (and it isn't, at all), it'd be 1 minute too long. I'd very much prefer an hour long for the first char with an option to skip everything for the others. It gets seriously tedious after the 3rd alt

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    You know that you only have to complete it once?
    Once you've done the full quest line on one character (which isn't possible now of couse) all of your characters get the option to skip it and teleport directly to Dalaran.
    Wasn't there gloves with a good proc?

It is 90% following Khadgar around and listening to him or Magni talk. Super boring. Magni had at least a little bit of interesting lore tidbits, but by and large this step of the leadup to Legion was ho-hum IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    It is 90% following Khadgar around and listening to him or Magni talk. Super boring. Magni had at least a little bit of interesting lore tidbits, but by and large this step of the leadup to Legion was ho-hum IMHO.
    It's not over yet. There's one last bit of the questline that leads directly into Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi