Thread: Med'an

Med'an

Anyone else find it interesting they said again that Med'an is a thing and he's not actually the guardian in WoW. Quite curious to see what kind of part he'll end up playing.

Probably no part at all since that character got extremely negative reception from the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was already not the Guardian. He gave it up at the end of the comics.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    He returned his power to the council. (MickyNeilson)
    Does that mean that the Council chose a new Guardian, and if so, why was he replaced so swiftly (canonically)?
    No new Guardian yet. (MickyNeilson)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He was already not the Guardian. He gave it up at the end of the comics.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    He returned his power to the council. (MickyNeilson)
    Does that mean that the Council chose a new Guardian, and if so, why was he replaced so swiftly (canonically)?
    No new Guardian yet. (MickyNeilson)
    Judging from your sig, you probably have a "Med'an" word monitored on this forums

Also the fact that Khadgar and medivh mention it multiple times that the world doesn't need a guardian anymore and that there isn't one. Even in Khadgars latest cinematic he mentions that no one was still around to imbue the power of it to him.
    Last edited by Yamuri; 2016-11-07 at 05:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Med'an will show up eventually. He may not be the super powered Guardian as the comics were alluding him to become in the future, but he will appear in game and be super powered in another way.

The trope of Me'dan is that of the being of 3 different races who can weild 3 of the strongest forces of magic/energy/power that are not inherently evil (Light, Nature, Arcane). When we get to the last expansion and it's the universe's 2 oldest, primal energy forces - Light vs Shadow - and this character who can wield these 3 strongest forces of magic/energy/power enters the fray, he definitely will have a larger role to play.

The stage is being set for a trifecta of characters to become the main dudes of the game: Anduin, Wrathion, and Me'dan.

I thought I read a bullet point somewhere that said Med'an was no longer canon.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I thought I read a bullet point somewhere that said Med'an was no longer canon.
    They confirmed at blizzcon this year during the QA that he is indeed canon, just not canon in the way that the comic portrays him.

I feel like they're just keeping things open with Med'an, so they can use him if it feels right to do so. He'd probably have made an in-game appearance already if his character wasn't absolutely slammed by fans everywhere.

In my eyes (no proof), Blizzard likely planned to use Med'an elsewhere, possibly in place of some of Khadgar's story, but the massively negative reception made them reconsider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    I feel like they're just keeping things open with Med'an, so they can use him if it feels right to do so. He'd probably have made an in-game appearance already if his character wasn't absolutely slammed by fans everywhere.

In my eyes (no proof), Blizzard likely planned to use Med'an elsewhere, possibly in place of some of Khadgar's story, but the massively negative reception made them reconsider.
    ...This more or less. I'm certain they originally planned to introduce him back in WoW Wrath but due to the reaction from the fanbase, it never happened. Valeera Sanguinar makes two in-game appearances (I hear she's in the Rogue Order Hall). Broll Bearmantle has a BOOK about him. Meryl Felstorm--who references the incident involving him and Me'dan when Mage players meet him in Dalaran--is an instrumental part of the Mage Order Hall in the beginning. Yet Me'dan's existence has been retconned entirely more or less.

Blizzard will probably get to it later but it's obvious Blizz would like to pretend he doesn't exist. There have been several big WoW moments since his comic-only story took place. About 11 years have passed. The only way I can see Blizz explaining how Me'dan has been ignorant of well...everything is saying he was on Outland training in secret. They could even have it explained Khadgar kept his existence a secret from everyone because of his bloodline and would only call for him if it was absolutely necessary since he was kept in the dark about everything that's been going on.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    i believe that Med'an would be a Villain that we hero's gonna help if the future to become ally
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.