Thread: unholy rotation

unholy rotation

Hi guys, i just got back to playing UH dk after noticing the new mechanics changed and all and im kinda excited about it. but im quite unsure of the rotations at this point of time, i read icy veins rotation and i dont really get it, can you guys post your own general rotations? like AOE and ST. Thanks alot!

Alright, running with the Talents of, Ebon Fever, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Sludge Belcher, Corpse Shield, Shadow Infusion, and Soul Reaper, my opening rotation goes a little bit like this:

8-10 seconds before the pull i summon army, cast transformation and any trinkets or racials, cast outbreak, and cast Ebon Gargoyle. I open with 1 festering strike, if i get 4-6 i progress into soul reaper and stacking the haste buff to 3. If i do not get at least 4 wounds, i cast another festering strike. I use any sudden doom procs, and any death coils to trigger runic corruption so i can get 3 runes coming off cooldown for soul reaper. After soul reaper has been cast, maintain out break, and cast Festering strike to build Wounds, and burst them with Scourge strike.

The process is simple after the opener. Usually try and pair Ebon Gargoyle with your soul reaper. try to avoid using your last wound with scourge strike, so that a crit does not go to waste. Transformation should be used on CD.
    Last edited by ChaosTheory375; 2016-08-18 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Cleaned up

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTheory375 View Post
    The process is simple after the opener. Usually try and pair Ebon Gargoyle with your soul reaper. try to avoid using your last wound with scourge strike, so that a crit does not go to waste. Transformation should be used on CD.
    Fun fact: Your scourge strike can crit twice since it has two separate hits so you can actually pop three wounds in one attack if you get a double crit. Dunno if this is intended or a bug but that's how it works at the moment.

Makes sense, and it would explain why it feels like 3 burst at once. Most likely not intended, but still awesome none the less.

Is soul reaper really worth taking over Dark Arbiter? I seem to do really well with DA even though it only lasts 15 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiiah View Post
    Is soul reaper really worth taking over Dark Arbiter? I seem to do really well with DA even though it only lasts 15 seconds.
    at 110 for st soulreaper unless fight doesnt last more then 3mins or fight has dmg taken increase phase. its main stength at 100 is ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiiah View Post
    That's because of the legendary ring synergy. In Legion SR should be the standard at cap.