Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Someone Make a Forgotten Realms MMO Already

I thought Neverwinter was going to be it... But nope, managed to fuck it up big time with a world broken up into small zones and other shit like that.

We need an actual open-world mmo based on the Forgotten Realms setting!

Maybe they were going to, but forgot :\/

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and make it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Rather see a Dragonlance based MMO, much cooler world.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    would like to see a underdark based mmo. or something with the abyssal hells.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, just make Neverwinter Nights 3, please! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nah, just make Neverwinter Nights 3, please! <3
    /signed

Seriously, I'm a fan of single player RPGs, and ones with the depth of character building that NWN2 had are awesome. I love that D&D based mechanics and multiclassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    /signed

Seriously, I'm a fan of single player RPGs, and ones with the depth of character building that NWN2 had are awesome. I love that D&D based mechanics and multiclassing.
    NWN2 with both expansions installed, probably, offers the best character building system I've ever seen in a video game. So much diversity and variation... You could have made 200 different characters and still only scratch the surface of the pool of possibilities!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I was more a fan of NWN1's system (similar to 2's but 2 made changes I didnt care for) though graphically 2 was the superior game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I was more a fan of NWN1's system (similar to 2's but 2 made changes I didnt care for) though graphically 2 was the superior game.
    I prefer NWN1 toolset, because it is much easier and quicker to use (making outdoor areas in NWN2 is sweet, but takes like 50 times as much time and effort; plus cinematic dialogues in NWN2 take eternity to make, while in NWN1 you just write text and put it into trees). I like the NWN2 base game much more, but NWN1 game is very straightforward and simplistic, which I like as well: it lets me immerse myself into the story without having to care about positioning in combat, leveling all companions, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    NWN1 Toolset was probably the best I've ever seen.

NWN2 was ruined for me by that SecureRom bullshit. It fried my CD Rom drive.

Honestly, I miss the hell out of those games. T_T
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    How about the Elric of Melnibone MMO? That game could go on forever, with different worlds, universes, pocket dimensions, all with eternal champions fighting for Chaos, Order or Balance.
    Eh that's alright I suppose, really just prefer the classic world of Krynn, especially if the MMO started either pre or during the War of the Lance.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

i hate securom. refuse to play any games with it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

I have NWN2 version from GoG, and I don't think it has SecureRom, as it is purely electronic. Or it has it, but there is some workaround that lets you bypass it or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have NWN2 version from GoG, and I don't think it has SecureRom, as it is purely electronic. Or it has it, but there is some workaround that lets you bypass it or something...
    It probably has the workaround. I bought NWN2 as soon as it came out, so I got one of the first copies and it had SecureRom on it. There was suuuuch a dustup over it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I'm surprised that whoever owns the D&D IP isn't creating RPGs these days.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer NWN1 toolset, because it is much easier and quicker to use (making outdoor areas in NWN2 is sweet, but takes like 50 times as much time and effort; plus cinematic dialogues in NWN2 take eternity to make, while in NWN1 you just write text and put it into trees). I like the NWN2 base game much more, but NWN1 game is very straightforward and simplistic, which I like as well: it lets me immerse myself into the story without having to care about positioning in combat, leveling all companions, etc.
    I really didn't like the expansions all that much. Having to manage your corruption or whatever it was called was just obnoxious, and I didn't like the lack of resting in the other one. I could understand limiting the resting mechanic a little, but I don't like feeling like I'm either constantly starved of resources or that I have to save everything just in case I need it later.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, I have the GoG version, and never noticed any copy protection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Rather see a Dragonlance based MMO, much cooler world.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    would like to see a[n U]nderdark based mmo.
    All those settings, and D&D in general, are boring like hell. With availability of interesting games today, their marketing appeal is nil.

Deleted
    I thought Neverwinter was going to be it... But nope, managed to fuck it up big time with a world broken up into small zones and other shit like that.

yeah WoW has really spoiled me with the open world and very few loading screens. Games like Neverwinter are painful.

10+ Year Old Account

It would be just like NWN. Nobody knows how to make a proper fucking MMO right anymore, especially one based on established lore. You'd think it would build itself. But greed gets in the way, and you end up with shit like NWN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.