Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Rangers and Celtic fans have a thing for sectarian issues that the rest of Britain stop really caring about centuries ago. Ditto for Norn Iron.
    It is a stain on our country. I am a Rangers fan, but am often ashamed to admit it, in case people think that I am one of these mindless idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Celtic are a Scottish team.
    It's still relevant. The fact they are based in Scotland is sort of irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    It is a stain on our country. I am a Rangers fan, but am often ashamed to admit it, in case people think that I am one of these mindless idiots.
    As long as they keep it within their borders and their ancient squabbles don't spill over into the other Home Nations*, then I do not really care.

*Yes, Northern Ireland, I am talking about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Religious and/or political issues amongst football fans are usually a symptom of societal issues, i.e. the football attracts the religious/political nutjobs due to the association that the clubs have with the religious/political quarrels and then they feed off each others nutjobbery.

I may have been harsh by saying Scotland, perhaps just mentioning Glasgow would have been more fair to our shortbread munching neighbours. We should nuke it, Glasgow that is.

And Grimsby. A friend of mine used to live there, she didn't enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Glasgow is the only city in the uk worth living in so why nuke it?
    There are only two cities in the UK worth living in and Glasgow is not one of them.

Those two are of course London and the City of London.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    There's a long tradition of support for Palestine at celtic, it's not a new thing. Probably due to the celtic belief in resisting occupation and imperialism as in Ireland.
    Celtic is Scottish

- - - Updated - - -

There are only two cities in the UK worth living in and Glasgow is not one of them.

Those two are of course London and the City of London.
    oh god, this is funny. It's not actually far from the truth, but it's still pretty funny. Could not pay me to live in London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Celtic is Scottish
    However Celtic are regarded as the Irish immigrants club, hence songs like "The famine is over, why don't you go home?" aimed at them.

oh god, this is funny. It's not actually far from the truth, but it's still pretty funny. Could not pay me to live in London.
    On behalf of Londoners everywhere, we would not pay you, no need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    By the way.

Arabs including Palestinians are Semitic. Much more so than most Jews.

So if you are pro-Palestine you by default can't really be anti-Semitic, time for us to update our terminology.

You could be called anti-zionist. That's like being an Islamophobe. Which is not racist.

Plus. Semites are White.
    Sadly the meaning of Semite is lost, and the term Antisemitism has been moulded strictly for Jews... hell, even Google has defined it as such.

Always found it laughable when people cry of being anti-Semitic when criticising Israel with the conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Sadly the meaning of Semite is lost, and the term Antisemitism has been moulded strictly for Jews... hell, even Google has defined it as such.

Always found it laughable when people cry of being anti-Semitic when criticising Israel with the conflict.
    lost, misappropriated, stolen? bit of a pattern there.

On behalf of Londoners everywhere, we would not pay you, no need to worry.
    Actually that isn't true, but it's fine. I was actually born in London. I have lived there and other places in England as an adult. You don't know what you're missing. But I'm glad for you that you enjoy it. We should all enjoy our circumstances, even if we are unaware that they should be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Actually that isn't true, but it's fine. I was actually born in London. I have lived there and other places in England as an adult. You don't know what you're missing. But I'm glad for you that you enjoy it. We should all enjoy our circumstances, even if we are unaware that they should be better.
    You know that you can see my location, don't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    It's still relevant. The fact they are based in Scotland is sort of irrelevant.
    I don't partake much in the football scene but, like how is that irrelevant? Could you elaborate?

Sectarianism is largely a west of Scotland issue, not simply Glasgow, but across the old Strathclyde area, especially in Ayrshire. Though it does raise its head in other parts, it is mostly in the west.

Also, don't listen to Kalis, he is an Arsenal fan, with an avatar of Robert "the diving cunt" Pires, he knows nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

the real issue here is why is Israel even considered to be a European country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    the real issue here is why is Israel even considered to be a European country?
    They used to play in the Asian Cup, but every time they had a home leg the away fans turned up in tanks and it screwed up the parking for the local residents.

This is not actually true. Or is it?

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1364524...-flag-display/

Should accept the fine while trying to avoid a stand being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    http://stv.tv/sport/football/1364524...-flag-display/

Should accept the fine while trying to avoid a stand being closed.
    How pathetic, makes me unable to stand Israel furthermore... more so after their pathetic whining over events prior to the opening ceremony of the Olympic games.

How pathetic, makes me unable to stand Israel furthermore... more so after their pathetic whining over events prior to the opening ceremony of the Olympic games.
    It's UEFA doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's UEFA doing it though.
    With no doubt of complaints sent to them from Israelis and Zionist Jews... they excel at it.

So Celtic breaks UEFA laws = Isreal Zionist fault.
    Lebanon savages acting like themselves = Israel Zionist fault.

The fact you are breathing is also Israel Zionist fault or are there some things not our fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.