Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I know it isn't. Like I said though, Blizzards report functions are automated. They aren't going to check if it is harrassment or not and why should I care if some little 12 year old gloater gets a suspension
    Because the more you abuse things, the more likely they'll be taken away.. People abused the "avoid" function and it got removed after all

I mean, I'm content with telling them to eat a bag of dicks in response, seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Because the more you abuse things, the more likely they'll be taken away.. People abused the "avoid" function and it got removed after all
    This is also why it's so hard to vote kick people in WoW from groups now. People would vote kick for anything including just because they thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I mean, I'm content with telling them to eat a bag of dicks in response, seems fair to me.
    I just block them.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I just block them.
    also that, more often that really.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is also why it's so hard to vote kick people in WoW from groups now. People would vote kick for anything including just because they thought it was funny.
    Pretty much, yeah. I barely kick anyone in WoW and I'm almost always greeted with the "You can't kick that player for another 4 hours" message when I try..

Finally.

Was pretty sick of having people spam "gg" no matter how terrible the match was, and having the entire enemy team spam "gg" after they completely steamroll us.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Finally.

Was pretty sick of having people spam "gg" no matter how terrible the match was, and having the entire enemy team spam "gg" after they completely steamroll us.
    GG is just a polite thing to say after matches. It's the EZ part that is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally.

"gg" doesn't trigger it.

GG is just a polite thing to say after matches. It's the EZ part that is the problem.
    My point is that "gg" has become spammed so much that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

People say "gg" EVERY SINGLE TIME, no matter how good or bad the match was.

Enemy team steamrolls us and wins in like 2 minutes? "gg" "gg" "gg" "gg"

We barely even touch point A and lose after 6 minutes? "gg" "gg" "gg" "gg"

Enemy team destroys us to the point of spawncamping us? "gg" "gg" "gg" "gg"

when everyone says it every single time, it completely loses its meaning.

Instead of trying to filter out this behavior, they should give players the option to OPT out of chats.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Instead of trying to filter out this behavior, they should give players the option to OPT out of chats.
    What about the people that want to be in chat but don't want to have to deal with toxic behavior?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    EZ is usually used after a hard win deliberately, just to make victory much sweeter :P
    If the game was a very close match you just look like a fucking retard though. It's not offensive when the person using it is stupid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If they were trying seriously to prevent people from feeling harassed they would have had to go to much greater lengths. So I don't think that's their goal.

Sounds like they're just taking the piss out of people that say it. I think it's hilarious.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It just means people will be more annoying about it probably.

G
    G
    E
    Z

GG
    EZ

G G E Z

Depends on how many variations they try to cover. Right now I think it's just gg ez, so you could just say ez.
    Or from what I usually see eeeeeez or ezzzzzzz or eeeezzzz or eez or ezz
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    My point is that "gg" has become spammed so much that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

It's the equivalent of walking up to the other team after the match and shaking hands. It's being respectful. You can be a sore loser though and think it's being hostile.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

gg

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Or from what I usually see eeeeeez or ezzzzzzz or eeeezzzz or eez or ezz
    Also, saying "gg ezz" or "gg eez" doesn't trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's the equivalent of walking up to the other team after the match and shaking hands. It's being respectful. You can be a sore loser though and think it's being hostile.
    Yep it's not supposed to have some deep meaning behind it. It's just a nice polite way thanking the enemy and your team mates for playing with you.

Fuck me what is next in Overwatch? A safe space style map where you can't say anything?

Wasn't that more to do with it fucking up their matchmaker?

Pretty much, yeah. I barely kick anyone in WoW and I'm almost always greeted with the "You can't kick that player for another 4 hours" message when I try..
    Yes, if they made a system whereby if you got reported too much in Overwatch it would make you 'report immune' it would be retarded; just as the "get group kicked too many times and we'll make you kick-proof" is in WoW. That doesn't mean the two systems overlap.

You're correct in that it might make my reports for harassment count for less over time. I'm not worried about actual harassment in Overwatch though. To the point where I wonder what they were thinking to label the function "harassment" I mean, who gets harassed (and how?) in a lobby game like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Pretty much. The word is "courtesy" and it costs nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.